Why do these goofy things mean so much to me??!!??

TravelLots

Sigh :o ! I have a curio cabinet full of those miniature ship models . Three hundred or so hats with the price tag still on that I've never worn from all the islands :rolleyes:. I filled a few of those hats up with the ship pins , that I never wear.

For me it's the cute little shot glasses that come with after dinner drinks. Those rare times my daughters are able to visit without their children we set a bottle of Bailey's, a bottle of Godiva, and a pitcher of cream on the table and talk about the cruises we've taken together.

Good times.

This one does, too, along with Jubilee and Celebration. And introducing the BRAND NEW Inspiration and Destiny! :cool:

[emoji23]. Hang on to it! I love looking at those old ones! I wish you could still order them from Carnival. I need a new one and feel bad having to go into a TA and lie about how I am thinking about booking a cruise with them just to get a brochure.

[emoji23]. Hang on to it! I love looking at those old ones! I wish you could still order them from Carnival. I need a new one and feel bad having to go into a TA and lie about how I am thinking about booking a cruise with them just to get a brochure.

If you think cruising hasn't gotten more affordable over the years, check out these prices! :eek:

IMG_1037.jpg

A week at today's prices is less than half those old prices shown in the brochure (add 3 days + 4 days)! Even with today's port fees and prepaid gratuities, our most recent booking cost us less than half.

I recall a similar comparison with flights to Europe at some times in the past.

I was going through boxes & found a 1996 Carnival brochure catalog here recently. Anyone want to cruise on the Tropicale? Festivale? Anyone? Lol!

Right!! Because that's how we did things before the "inter-net" was a thing!;p Those were the days!!

For me it's the cute little shot glasses that come with after dinner drinks. Those rare times my daughters are able to visit without their children we set a bottle of Bailey's, a bottle of Godiva, and a pitcher of cream on the table and talk about the cruises we've taken together.

Good times.

Funny you mentioned the shot glasses. I am sitting here relaxing with the hourglass shaped one from our cruise last year. We bought a bottle of 'Orchata that we discovered after our MDR dinner one night.

Good times.

That sounds wonderful!!