Carnival Horizon Invisible!???

caddykid12

I said on her last voyage out of NYC Sept 13 to 17 of 2018.

She's then in Miami on Sept 20!?.

Why is it not showing a transitioning itinaery? Is she sailing down empty to Miami? Or is it a special cruise not available to public?

When ships "reposition" from US port to US port they can't carry passengers. Happens all the time. So yes, the ship will like sail empty... of passengers.

This actually isn't true. The Vista did a repo cruise from New York to Miami with passengers and I was on the Sun Princess for a repo cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Seattle. :D I've seen many other examples of repo cruises going from US port to US port as well. Since it's such a short amount of time between Horizon's cruises, I'd say she is sailing empty though or it's some sort of charter cruise.

This actually isn't true. The Vista did a repo cruise from New York to Miami with passengers and I was on the Sun Princess for a repo cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Seattle. :D I've seen many other examples of repo cruises going from US port to US port as well. Since it's such a short amount of time between Horizon's cruises, I'd say she is sailing empty though or it's some sort of charter cruise.

My friend did that cruise..

Both of you make sense. And i think both are right.

US to US without making any calls they cannot carry guests

The vista reposisitioned but called at ports.

That's why cruises to no where are illegal now because the workers need to be calling at foreign ports for thier working papers to be legal. Cruises to no where didnt Do that.

Hence NY to MIA straight thru is in fact a cruise to know where.

Makes sense now

My friend did that cruise..

Both of you make sense. And i think both are right.

US to US without making any calls they cannot carry guests

The vista reposisitioned but called at ports.

That's why cruises to no where are illegal now because the workers need to be calling at foreign ports for thier working papers to be legal. Cruises to no where didnt Do that.

Hence NY to MIA straight thru is in fact a cruise to know where.

Makes sense now

It's not just that they have to stop at ports. Specifically with a repo - they have to stop at a distant foreign port, and the only ones that qualify are the ABC islands or Panama. With the way they scheduled the Horizon to arrive in Miami, there would be no time for a trip like that. Ships can reposition and carry passengers so long as they make at least one appropriate stop. Cruises to nowhere are no more, because you can't have a closed loop cruise within the US without having at least one port of call. I think I have that right. lol.

Carnival does this with the Sunshine also when it goes from Port Canaveral to Charleston to Norfolk and eventually back to PC. No passengers.

It's not just that they have to stop at ports. Specifically with a repo - they have to stop at a distant foreign port, and the only ones that qualify are the ABC islands or Panama. With the way they scheduled the Horizon to arrive in Miami, there would be no time for a trip like that. Ships can reposition and carry passengers so long as they make at least one appropriate stop. Cruises to nowhere are no more, because you can't have a closed loop cruise within the US without having at least one port of call. I think I have that right. lol.

Carnival does this with the Sunshine also when it goes from Port Canaveral to Charleston to Norfolk and eventually back to PC. No passengers.

Panama does not count, because she is in Central America. But Colombia (Cartagena) does. EM

Actually, the PVSA does allow cruises to nowhere as an exemption to the Act. The reason they disappeared is that CBP considers them to be domestic work, and requires that all foreign crew on these cruises to have H1/B work visas and not the more easily obtainable C1/D crew visa.