Extra charges after final payment

Pushka

is this a website issue again? Just paid the final payment for July cruise according to the website and a first reminder email and then when paid it came up with an extra final balance owing. As payment is due on 27 April or they threaten to cancel, should I assume this is a flaky website thing? We booked Go Best and the amount outstanding appears to be the auto gratuities which should have already been covered in Best. We then also received a second email stating this balance ($447 - so not tiny) must be paid or it will cancel.

Probably a website issue but I would be on the phone to get it fixed. If the computer thinks you owe money the computer could cancel you then your scrambling to get you cabin back.

One of the pluses of using a TA, they sort these things out.

At least email them now so you have 'evidence' you have noticed the anomaly and contacted them.

We have had similar issues on two cruises. On one of these cruises we had a quite 'threatening' email that our cruise would be cancelled if we didn't pay the outstanding balance of $0. Even more surprising as we paid in £.....On the second cruise an outstanding balance of a few pence popped up. We again received an email saying our cruise would be cancelled.

Much as Celebrity reassured us our cruises would not be cancelled and did apologise on both occasions and admitted it was their error it has left us quite unsettled. We always pay before final payment day but then regularly check that unexpected amounts don't pop back up.

As I said, I am sure it will be a simple error but I would contact immediately.

We have 4 cabins booked for July and had the same issues. I just went ahead and paid what ever it showed due to make sure we didn't lose any of the cabins. I figured it is all going to come out in the wash.

We have 4 cabins booked for July and had the same issues. I just went ahead and paid what ever it showed due to make sure we didn't lose any of the cabins. I figured it is all going to come out in the wash.

I did pay what showed originally but these charges popped up afterwards.

This happened to me in October and it was the gratuities that kept reappearing as a new charge. I called(more than once) and was told it's just a glitchy website.

I'd call when you get a chance but I wouldn't be too concerned with it.

I've had the website not show my reservation at all which is a much scarier feeling a month before the cruise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Definitely call....this happened to us for our March cruise this year. We also booked Go Best...but they added the gratuities on and did not remove the charge. Either customer service or the Captain's Club will be happy to assist you.

Yes. It's definitely the gratuities that is additional. I've received another invoice and it seems to be zeroed out now after I sent them an email yesterday. I'll log in and check the personalizer as well. Thanks all!

Nope. Website still wrong. It's an awful website.

Agreed it is a known fault. I phoned Celebrity after final payment for our cruise. It popped up showing the gratuity payment as still owing which wasn't correct. Had we paid the additional amount we would have overpaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least email them now so you have 'evidence' you have noticed the anomaly and contacted them.

I agree with Chemmo (and see that you did already email - good).

Depending on what the original notice email said, and if it's not a financial burden, I'd pay the extra owing to avoid an automatic cancellation. Then get that refunded later.

I wouldn't normally have taken that route, but after reading a bunch of recent cruise critic posts about how people have lost their stateroom days before sailing (despite having made final payment), and with the ongoing IT glitches (website problems) that X seems to have, I wouldn't want to risk it. (They can float a mini-city on the ocean, but can't fix a website...Go figure)

Even if it's remotely unlikely, I wouldn't want to risk loosing my stateroom.

Pay the amount, then argue for the refund (which you'll easily get given proper records). That's a lot easier and less stressful than arguing for a lost stateroom...

Called today and Celebrity can't see the error on the personalizer but checked that I was all paid up. She then referred the query higher up who said they were doing a reset on my account and when I logged back in a few hours later it had gone. All paid up.

I did pay what showed originally but these charges popped up afterwards.

Same here. I just went ahead with the extra payments after final payment to make sure nothing got messed up. I'll be watching for credits!

Seems to be a problem. Dont email that close to final payment date.. call captains club and straighten it out...

Emails haven't been replied to but a call and a reset of my personalizer by Celebrity sorted it out. No need to pay the extra.

Similar thing happened to me. But my TA took care of it. In my case the cabin had guest 2 TBA was paid in full then I added the guests name. Increase should have only been tax but they tried to do more and that just couldn't happen so like I said TA took care of it and I only paid tax and Port fees as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums