Using CHEERS! to "stock up" on a few beers for port use

backnine05

I was able to order a bucket by the pool on a sea day while having cheers, the waiter put one beer towards my 15 and charged me for 4 more. They were all unopened but they were twist off caps so not a big deal either way. The waiter also checked back later to offer a refill of ice for the bucket as well, very awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
I was able to order a bucket by the pool on a sea day while having cheers, the waiter put one beer towards my 15 and charged me for 4 more. They were all unopened but they were twist off caps so not a big deal either way. The waiter also checked back later to offer a refill of ice for the bucket as well, very awesome.

Was this recent? Just back from our cruise & I didn't think to try it because I never hit 15. Going again in Sept w/ a group & some are pretty big beer drinkers so trying to confirm how / if they can get around the limit.

Let me get this straight:

-you have to find a specific bartender that will break rules

-tip said bartender extra

-Wait an hour or so to get a sufficient number of drinks

-lug those drinks to your cabin

-ask room steward for ice-don't forget an opener

-drag all that off the ship the next day along with beach items. And if for some reason you don't finish, you can't bring them back on the ship

Except for private islands, drinks are dirt cheap in most ports.

What you are doing seems like a big waste of time for very little reward.

-drag all that off the ship the next day along with beach items. And if for some reason you don't finish, you can't bring them back on the ship

LIKE BUTTON ;p

Was this recent? Just back from our cruise & I didn't think to try it because I never hit 15. Going again in Sept w/ a group & some are pretty big beer drinkers so trying to confirm how / if they can get around the limit.

Yes, this was just two weeks ago. Especially on sea days when you have already reached number 8 or 9 by mid afternoon it is a good plan to ensure you will have plenty left for the evening. You can also order a bottle of wine at dinner to help stretch them out too.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

Yes, this was just two weeks ago. Especially on sea days when you have already reached number 8 or 9 by mid afternoon it is a good plan to ensure you will have plenty left for the evening. You can also order a bottle of wine at dinner to help stretch them out too.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

Great!! Thanks so much. (y)

Agree - not saying you can't get away with it. But it seems like an awful lot of work and when you add in tipping, probably doesn't make the drink much cheaper than it would have been in port anyway.

To me it would make more sense to just ask for an unopened beer any time I was heading back to the room. Then decide what to do with them later. If you are putting them on ice anyway, why do it all at one time and wait 5 min. between each one. Me personally have never found a cheap anything in Grand Cayman.

Has anyone had any luck (or bad luck) ordering a few beers the night before or the morning of a port day to stock up and take them ashore to enjoy on the beach? We would obviously need to take a cooler with some ice along.. We are stopping in Roatan and Grand Cayman, and it seems like this would be the best way to maximize CHEERS!'s value and save some $ when at port.

No Problem. We do it every time. Especially at GR. Turk where sometime you need to wait 1/2 hr for drinks. Like the guy said before, pick out a bartender you think you will see the most (usually Lido) and take care of him or her with a little cash.