Medallion Cruises

cruisemeaway

I would like to hear from other Princess Cruisers about their experience with the Medallion thing. Did you like it? Did it work? My research says our Medallions will be mailed prior to our next cruise which is in October on the Emerald.

Barbara

According to the Princess website, the first Ocean Medallion cruises are 13 November 2017 on Regal Princess, 19 January 2018 on Royal Princess, 18 March 2018 on Caribbean Princess, and 16 May 2018 on Island Princess. Therefore we won't hear from anyone about their experience until the November 13th cruise.

Princess has not announced a starting date for the Emerald Princess yet, but it will definitely be after your cruise this October.

I would like to hear from other Princess Cruisers about their experience with the Medallion thing. Did you like it? Did it work? My research says our Medallions will be mailed prior to our next cruise which is in October on the Emerald.

Barbara

The Regal and Royal start in November. The Caribbean Princess start spring 18. The rest haven't been announced yet.

as AIBP is not a feature of this stupid system looks like my last cruise with princess will be Majestic in June- sad but alcohol programs are now the standard and ncl offer them with fare so my 5 cabins for new year will be on ncl instead of the regal

as AIBP is not a feature of this stupid system looks like my last cruise with princess will be Majestic in June- sad but alcohol programs are now the standard and ncl offer them with fare so my 5 cabins for new year will be on ncl instead of the regal

If AIBP availability is your only issue, I wouldn't jump ship just yet. I have strong suspicions that Princess is figuring out how to add this. It's probably an issue about how one orders/delivers a drink more so than how it currently is handled. I imagine that if they rolled it out as is, people on drink plans would be moaning about not having their ordered drinks delivered to wherever there are. Maybe they'll include that with all the drink packages anyway, but me thinks they are looking at options for now.

If AIBP availability is your only issue, I wouldn't jump ship just yet. I have strong suspicions that Princess is figuring out how to add this. It's probably an issue about how one orders/delivers a drink more so than how it currently is handled. I imagine that if they rolled it out as is, people on drink plans would be moaning about not having their ordered drinks delivered to wherever there are. Maybe they'll include that with all the drink packages anyway, but me thinks they are looking at options for now.

I hope they are looking at options. There will be passengers on the Medallion ships with AIBP, so they will have to figure out how to make it work. Although they are not selling AIBP on Medallion cruises, they are honoring any AIBP that are already purchased. I will have AIBP on the first Medallion cruise on Caribbean Princess next March (booked during Sip & Sail promotion), so I will see how it works then. There should be some people on the Regal and Royal with AIBP before then.

Barbara

We are sailing on Emerald in October. It is definitely not being outfitted for Medallions at this time. Regal, Royal, Caribbean, and Island have been announced so far. We are booked on Caribbean Princess sailing March 18 next year and that is the first Medallion sailing for that ship. I wish that our 28 day Emerald Princess cruise in October would have the Medallion but that simply isn't happening.

Unlike many others who fear or dread (or whatever) the Medallion cruises I am looking forward to trying it out. There are some aspects of it that people seem to fear or dislike that I don't care about at all. There are other aspects of it that I sincerely look forward to trying out. Hopefully they will live up to my hopes (not expectations as I have some experience with the IT side of Princess).

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...