Music (or should i bring my ear buds)

I've been slowly putting together a playlist on Spotify (I intend to download them to my phone so I won't have to use internet) of ~100 songs to listen to using my wireless earbuds.

For example and for those interested, the list includes:

Rolling Stones - Beast of Burden

The Police - Walking on the Moon

Eric Burdon - Spill the Wine

Bob Marley - Jammin'

...just to name a few...

My question is, just how loud is the music played on the cruise? Would there even be a need for me to bring my earbuds at all? Mostly they would be used when relaxing in the sun or Serenity area.

TIA

I've been slowly putting together a playlist on Spotify (I intend to download them to my phone so I won't have to use internet) of ~100 songs to listen to using my wireless earbuds.

Bob Marley - Jammin'

...just to name a few...

My question is, just how loud is the music played on the cruise? Would there even be a need for me to bring my earbuds at all? Mostly they would be used when relaxing in the sun or Serenity area.

TIA

I always take my earbuds and a small mp3 player (I like to lock my phone in my cabin safe). I especially don't care for the DJ music or canned music they play on the ships. I'd much rather listen to what I like with my earbuds. The DJ music is loud and annoying IMO, so the earbuds also help block out that noise. I wouldn't cruise without my own music and earbuds. The only deck music I care for on Carnival is the steel drum music.

Have a great cruise!

I bring my noise canceling full ear headphones to get rid of the loud music played in public areas. The staff seems have control of the volume on Carnival, and the BGM can be at any level. Other lines allow sound engineers to lock the level to keep the music in the background where it should be.

Some places you can hear the ships music and other places you cant hear it at all. Decks up along the sides like 10, 11 and 12 you really cant hear the music much at all. Down on lido pool area you can hear it but sometimes when it gets noisy with kids it gets drowned out. I'd bring ear buds.

Please bring your ear buds and enjoy your music at any level that you would like.

Got to agree with this. Not so much as you would both others, but that way you can have YOUR own music and YOUR own level. Last couple of ships I have been on, they haven't even played music up on serenity. They used to have that soothing elevator music a few years back, but haven't heard that lately.

You can always choose to sit close or further away from the music as you prefer - if you question is should I bring ear buds because I couldn't hear the music anyway? Then yes, bring them and when you can't hear over the carnival music just move to a quieter section of the deck. If the question is will there be so much noise will no one care if I play my music without ear buds - the answer is no - respectfully, most likely no one but you cares for your music.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bob Marley - Jammin'

...just to name a few...

TIA

Im putting together a song list too... Mine is all death metal and dirty rap... my question to you is should I bring my ear buds or can I play this relaxing in the sun on the Serenity area? Im sure you wont mind right? :o :rolleyes:

Hah, for those that are quick to assume I meant play it out loud.....No. My question was to how loud the carnival music actually is across the boat. If it's so loud that earbuds are of no use, then I would have just listened to it in my cabin.

Stay classy, folks.

Hah, for those that are quick to assume I meant play it out loud.....No. My question was to how loud the carnival music actually is across the boat. If it's so loud that earbuds are of no use, then I would have just listened to it in my cabin.

Stay classy, folks.

my apologies for taking it the wrong way but if a lot of people took it wrong... you must admit your query was not clear.

to answer your question... it depends on where you will be. the closer to the pool, the more likely you will not be able to hear much in your earplugs. Most other areas will be fine.

and if you have noise canceling headphones... that would be better

Bring the ear buds. They don't take up any room. We also bring a JBL Bluetooth speaker as well.

We did the Triumph last year (doing it again in just a few weeks) Our cabin door was opened and as we were getting ready for sail away our neighbors heard the music and asked us to bring it out onto our balcony (aft wrap) and turn it up. If it was bothering any others it would have been turned right off but from the impromptu party that happened, the aft cabins on Deck 8 were all having a great time.

Anyway, I usually do a "playlist" with a cruising theme. Here are a few songs you could add to your list: Vahevala (Loggins & Messina) Mexico (James Taylor) Sailing (Christopher Cross) Kokomo (The Beach Boys) Come Sail Away (Styx) Caribbean Queen (Billy Ocean) I'm Your Captain (Grand Funk Railroad) Mas Tequila (Sammy Hagar) Jamaica Say You Will (Joe Cocker) All At Sea (Jamie Cullum) Drift Away (Dobie Gray) Red Red Wine (UB40) and of course anything by Jimmy Buffett and anything by Bob Marley. I also like Dollar Wine (Collin Lucas). These and many more are all on Spotify. Hope you have a great cruise!

Anyway, I usually do a "playlist" with a cruising theme. Here are a few songs you could add to your list: Vahevala (Loggins & Messina) Mexico (James Taylor) Sailing (Christopher Cross) Kokomo (The Beach Boys) Come Sail Away (Styx) Caribbean Queen (Billy Ocean) I'm Your Captain (Grand Funk Railroad) Mas Tequila (Sammy Hagar) Jamaica Say You Will (Joe Cocker) All At Sea (Jamie Cullum) Drift Away (Dobie Gray) Red Red Wine (UB40) and of course anything by Jimmy Buffett and anything by Bob Marley. I also like Dollar Wine (Collin Lucas). These and many more are all on Spotify. Hope you have a great cruise!

Nice list! I'll definitely be incorporating some of these...can't believe I didn't already have GFR on the list!

Glad you liked the songs on the list. Here are a few more that might work for you as well:

Lady Of The Islands (Crosby Stills & Nash) Boat On The River (Styx) Feeling Good (Michael Buble) Message In A Bottle (The Police) The River Of Dreams and The Downeaster Alexa (Billy Joel) Sail Away (Deep Purple also covered by Great White) Sail Away (Peter Frampton and is different from the Deep Purple version) Sail Away (Randy Newman again different) Montego Bay (Bobby Bloom) Key Largo (Bertie Higgins) Somewhere Over The Rainbow / What A Wonderful World This Could Be (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole) Harbor Lights (Boz Scaggs) Hard To Say I'm Sorry / Get Away (Chicago) Cruisin' (Huey Lewis) Two For The Road (Nancy LaMott) Wave (Frank Sinatra) Wooden Ships (Crosby Stills & Nash) Just Like Paradise (David Lee Roth) How Deep Is The Ocean (Eric Clapton) The Love Boat Theme (Jack Jones) and Under The Sea (The Little Mermaid soundtrack) .

As you can see the list is all over the place with regards to songs and artists but they all pretty much work in a "cruise" environment. Some are slow some are fast and some are just fun. Whatever your taste and whatever "floats your boat" always works. Have Fun!:D