Cruise port in Seattle

Jaylie

I wouldn't do it if it were me. The suggested time, at least on another line, is no earlier than 11:45 AM. Last time out, we made it to the airport by 8:30 AM in Seattle. Waiting until 1:30 PM was so boring .... but would rather be bored than chance missing our flight. I think noon is perfect for scheduling a flight out of Seattle.

Maybe.

If you have airline status to use express security lanes or PreCheck, you have enough status to get a very early walk-off on Princess, you're US nationals so there's limited risk of being delayed at Customs, you're comfortable with Uber and going back to that airline status thing, you're high enough status to be top of the standby list when something goes south, or you're comfortable either buying a full-fare ticket on another carrier to get home or waiting until seats open up on your original carrier, take it.

In an absolutely perfect world I could get from my condo that looked down on the Pier to the airport in 32 minutes, door to door. I can throw bags in three (paid F or mileage program top-tier), and I have PreCheck, and am willing to use any of the five security checkpoints. I can also run through the airport. Assuming a 7:15 walk-off, that puts you at the airport about 8:00 and to the gate by 8:30

But life is not such that you can plan on that.

So book it if you can tolerate risk and recover from problems that may arise. If you can't sleep nights worrying or don't have reasons for the airlines to grant you "waivers and favors" (i.e., you spend a lot of money with them on a continued basis), then forget it.

I wouldn't even think about a 10am flight. Your probably not going to get off the ship before 7:15 - 7:30 or so. There no way your going to catch a 10am flight out of Seattle. I'd go for the Noon flight back to Boston.