Sofa bed?

We are booked in a Signature Suite (SY) on the Noordam for a cruise to Alaska in June. We are my DH, my 15 year old son and myself. My son was pretty peeved about this (go figure :rolleyes:) because he has to sleep on the sofa. The description of the suite says that it includes a 1 person sofa bed. Does anybody have experience with this? Is it a pullout, or just a "take the back pillows of the sofa and put some blankets on it"?Will the room attendant make it up and close it down or do we need to do that?

Thanks!

We are booked in a Signature Suite (SY) on the Noordam for a cruise to Alaska in June. We are my DH, my 15 year old son and myself. My son was pretty peeved about this (go figure :rolleyes:) because he has to sleep on the sofa. The description of the suite says that it includes a 1 person sofa bed. Does anybody have experience with this? Is it a pullout, or just a "take the back pillows of the sofa and put some blankets on it"?Will the room attendant make it up and close it down or do we need to do that?

Thanks!

It's been a few years since we've had a 3rd person in our room but at the time our adult son came on a cruise with us on the Eurodam. We were in a Signature suite and he said the sofa bed was very comfortable. Every night the room steward would make up the bed.

I've attached a photo (sorry it's not great as I cut my son out of it!). I hope your son will be pleasantly surprised by the sofa situation!

230d98cd1a6a12252a2a1136d95c6e07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are a family of 5 in 2 rooms. Because they don't allow minors to be alone, we had to book us separately, which is kind of a blessing since we can get only one Beverage Package if we so desire.

My parents are in one suite, the 3 kids in the next-door suite, and my husband and me in the across-the-hall, inside stateroom. Although CLEARLY the kids' have the better room, they are all asking who gets to stay with us?!? :confused: NONE OF YOU

One of them is gonna have to sleep on the sofa. I assume a nightly, rock-paper-scissors death match.

We had 3 in an inside stateroom - you might want to let your son know that that was an option...

The steward made the bed - remove the back of the sofa - & it was comfortable. (IMHO - as comfortable as the bed.)

It doesn't pull out. The back flips down and is a real mattress. Yes, the steward will make it up when you're at dinner and put it away in the morning.

Do you know if it is the same kind of mattress as on the beds? Trying to decide if we need to rotate sleeping arrangements for the week if we split the cost of our cabin (June 2018 Noordam SS suite) three ways or if the person sleeping on the sofa bed gets a discount :). If the sofa's as comfortable as the regular beds, then no rotating OR discount, LOL! I think the suite upgrade is right before the Alaska season in 2018, so all the mattresses should be new, right?

Thanks OP for the question!

Do you know if it is the same kind of mattress as on the beds? Trying to decide if we need to rotate sleeping arrangements for the week if we split the cost of our cabin (June 2018 Noordam SS suite) three ways or if the person sleeping on the sofa bed gets a discount :). If the sofa's as comfortable as the regular beds, then no rotating OR discount, LOL! I think the suite upgrade is right before the Alaska season in 2018, so all the mattresses should be new, right?

Thanks OP for the question!

My son found it almost as comfortable as the regular beds. I'd let the 3rd person decide if the sofa bed is comfy and if they find it's not, rotate. I'm not sure if it's same make or not. I do know he said it was a lot more comfy than when he was in a Neptune suite sleeping on the pullout bed.

I felt bad for the crew having to make it every day & night but they do it quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been in a "J" inside cabin several times with our adult daughter.

We have rotated between the regular beds and the pull out sofa bed.

The sofa bed is surprisingly comfortable and we all slept as well on the sofa bed as in the regular twin.

We are booked in a Signature Suite (SY) on the Noordam for a cruise to Alaska in June. We are my DH, my 15 year old son and myself. My son was pretty peeved about this (go figure :rolleyes:) because he has to sleep on the sofa.

SNIP

Thanks!

Laughed when I read about your son being peeved, about sleeping on a sofa bed! :eek:

Other alternative would be to send him to camp & let him sleep on a cot like I had to do when I was a kid..

When I was 15, I would have been delighted to sleep on the floor if my Parents took me on a cruise..LOL My Moms idea of a vacation was to take me into Manhattan for a three day trip & we stayed in a woman's hotel..

Our Son was thrilled when we took him on our European trips & also would have been willing to sleep on the floor or even in a tent if necessary..

But when our Granddaughters & Great Grandkids come for a visit, they all come at once.. We put all 11 of them up in a hotel as only have extra room for 2 adults & 2 children.. They would all rather stay together in the hotel..:cool: It amazes me what kids today expect..:D

Last summer my mom took my 4 kids and I on an Alaskan cruise. We had 2 rooms, I had the girls she had the boys. Thats how it was supposed to work anyhow. What ended up happening is that my 7 yo twins shared a twin, I had a twin, my 11 yo daughter had the couch and my 14 yo son slept either on my floor, or curled up in my bed. 😑 lol! It was a squeeze!

This year we are doing the 14 day cruise, and I have a quad room. So we are leaving the bed a queen. I'm already anticipating all 4 kids sleeping with me again. None of the kids complained about the sofa bed. At some point both my older kids slept on it. I'm just hoping I get some sleep without a foot in my face. 😂

Mamascott, love the way you adjusted and your flexibility. How did the bathroom schedulework out? Really did a lot of give and take, maybe a few compromises on the modesty issues. Hope you enjoy this years cruise.

Thankfully we still had use of the other bathroom. 😂 My twins are still little flower children, and have no shame. My older daughter showered at night before bed, the twins took baths mid day after lunch and swim time, I showered in the morning, and my oldest showered in my moms room. He's supposed to sleep in my moms room, but has already called dibs on the upper bunk in my room.

Honestly, I work and go to school, so this is the only time I get just the five of us, and I love it. At home we all have school, Friends, their dad.. I love that they all want to be with me. ❤ Its going to be a great trip. Even sharing a bed with 2 wiggly 8 year olds. 😂😂

We have always cruised in quad cabins. We have never had a complaint about the sofa bed or the bed that drops down from the ceiling.

The option is not going...given the choice the bed should not be an issue.

To be on the safe side, as soon as rooms are available​ find one of your stewards (if they don't find you first) and ask for a mattress topper. He can try it one night without and one night with and let him decide. It's important that you ask right away as the toppers may be in short supply.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app