How are the Swans doing?

I suppose it would be a bit, never mind if retirement doesn't suit you, you can always change your mind and get a job or volunteer.

We do volunteer work now so that will continue, perhaps just more of it.

Leigh

Volunteering is awesome, this country would die without it.

On a lighter note its amazing how Big Nan, is way cooler than young Nan.

How the hell does that work.

Caught in a vortex and cant wait to be Big Nan.:)

Hate being told off by Big nan, Jeez we are Nan as well big Nan.

Then I have to sit down and bite my tounge.

Lol, no one argues with Big Nan.:halo:

Volunteering is a good thing for the self and for others, more people should do it.

Any type of charity is great.

Many many years ago, back when parking metres popped up a red "expired sign" a friend introduced me to a little exercise that cost very little but made you feel very good, a pocket of 10c pieces, see a meter expired, or close too, drop in a coin, feel great.

My family were also big into helping the less fortunate, we didn't have a lot, working class with five kids sees to that, but anyone down on their luck could always get a feed, and dad would often "forget" to send a bill for things he delivered if he knew the family was doing it tough.

I was always taught that there were plenty worse off than me, and if I could help them I should.

It actually feels good.

Many many years ago, back when parking metres popped up a red "expired sign" a friend introduced me to a little exercise that cost very little but made you feel very good, a pocket of 10c pieces, see a meter expired, or close too, drop in a coin, feel great.

My family were also big into helping the less fortunate, we didn't have a lot, working class with five kids sees to that, but anyone down on their luck could always get a feed, and dad would often "forget" to send a bill for things he delivered if he knew the family was doing it tough.

I was always taught that there were plenty worse off than me, and if I could help them I should.

It actually feels good.

Oh Ok are you saying gutser that you were a Meter Maid.

It actually feels good.

That is true, it does make one feel great and it doesn't have to be for a charity either.

Thought you might have noticed Aussies like a good chat.

Definitely noticed, I just thought maybe the Swans didn't mee the excitement threshold for all of you :)

At times yes it is, but I just tell myself I have a job to do for the next few months and to do it as best I can.

It is actually a bit scary, this new phase of our lives.

Leigh

I agree, it is quite scary. Walking away from six figure salaries, with our country in a bit of a mess right now, no way to know how it will end.

But, we will 'keep calm and carry on' and hope for the best. We think we have enough saved to get through most scenarios, including living to a ripe old age :D

Go Swans

ML

Definitely noticed, I just thought maybe the Swans didn't mee the excitement threshold for all of you :)

I agree, it is quite scary. Walking away from six figure salaries, with our country in a bit of a mess right now, no way to know how it will end.

But, we will 'keep calm and carry on' and hope for the best. We think we have enough saved to get through most scenarios, including living to a ripe old age :D

Go Swans

ML

great stuff,

I am thankful that we can cruise or retire or at least have some say in when these occur for us, a long life would be good too.

I think the Swannies will smash em, Doggies on a downer, Franklin having a ripper, 2 off the Coleman at Mo. (Not bad for a Clown).

Needs teammates to step up.:halo:

Not that I know anything.

You know more than some.:cool:

I think the Swannies will smash em, Doggies on a downer, Franklin having a ripper, 2 off the Coleman at Mo. (Not bad for a Clown).

Needs teammates to step up.:halo:

Not that I know anything.

Not hard to know more than me.

I have heard you say that often but suspect it is only wrong in some areas of knowledge.

In Aussie rules, easy, got a Yank mate knows way more about the game than I do, he's a Brissy Lions fan, watches it all the time, I've been trying to get him a jumper, but he is a BIG boy and when I say someone is big, they are real big.