Is it possible to get Luminae menu items for Takeout

docsdrillers

We're in a Suite but our daughter and another couple aren't.

I've come to the conclusion that we will be eating dinners in the MDR for the most part so we can sit together.

However i wonder if anyone has walked into Luminae and were able to take out some menu item to eat at a different venue.I was thinking mostly about embarkation lunch (the burger) or popping in to get those wonderful morning pastries...

Alternatively has anyone ever asked their butler to bring up an assortment of Lumine pastries if eating breakfast in our room.

Just wanted to hear from others on ideas on how to partly enjoy Luminae when traveling with those that don't have access...yes i realize they can pay if there is space available..

Only the Penthouse Suite can have food sent up from Luminae to the cabin. If there was a special circumstance (someone not feeling well and wanting to stay in cabin) then you might be able to make arrangements with the maitre'd to pick up something to bring back to the room but I don't see them allowing it as a regular occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only the Penthouse Suite can have food sent up from Luminae to the cabin. If there was a special circumstance (someone not feeling well and wanting to stay in cabin) then you might be able to make arrangements with the maitre'd to pick up something to bring back to the room but I don't see them allowing it as a regular occurrence.

Good to know. Thank you!

Another case of inconsistency across ships and sailings: We're currently onboard the Equinox and when asking the Michael's concierge earlier today about getting Luminae delivered to our suite, her response was "No suite cabin can get Luminae delivered because they can't guarantee the quality and temperature of the food by the time it arrives."

Was hoping to do room service tonight as I'd been out all day in the sun on an excursion but ended up trekking down to Luminae to have our dinner. I plan on asking in Luminae directly when we go down for breakfast in the morning.

I was in the penthouse on Summit late 2015 and asked the butler if we could order from Luminae. He said we couldn't so I went down and asked the maitre'd if I could get something to go and bring it back to the cabin. He looked pretty shocked and said to ask the butler to bring it to me. From that point on, we were able to get food delivered from there to the cabin including the breakfast pastries. I'm on equinox next month in a royal suite and am going to try it, the worst they can say is no, but I really don't mind picking it up to go if they don't want to deliver. The quality is so much better than the MDR and sometimes I really don't want to sit around for a two hour dinner ordeal.

"No suite cabin can get Luminae delivered because they can't guarantee the quality and temperature of the food by the time it arrives."

This is I think a valid point. If you also consider the additional workload for butlers running down to Luminae I can understand why staff are reluctant to do this.

We have always found butlers and Luminae staff keen to do all they can but I do think there needs to be a little understanding....also once Luminae room service is provided for one suite then it could become an expectation....service generally in Luminae and by butlers could become compromised for other guests.

This is the sort of suite perk I think that should only be occasionally requested or performed. Perhaps if a couple had a sleeping baby and could not arrange a sitter a few nights running or if someone had a significant illness or disability....

It isn't as if there are not other acceptable choices to dine in suite....for that odd tired evening....room service choices are varied even without considering the MDR choices....

My daughters and I were in the same position right after Luminae opened on the Reflection. We were in a Sky Suite. Had cousins book at the last minute and even though I told them to book the SS so that we could eat together, they saved money and stayed in a standard stateroom. :(

This is what we did. We resigned ourselves to the fact that we would end up eating dinner in the MDR or Specialty with our cousins. Breakfast, we were on-our-own.

So my daughters and I ate breakfast in Luminae a few mornings, and Blu the others.:) I believe that we also ate one lunch in Luminae.

If you really want that hamburger, go to Luminae on embarkation day. I believe it is the best on that day for some reason.;) Have your other friends and family go to the buffet. Then y'all can meet up the rest of the week for lunch.

I was recently in a RS and we could have Luminae delivered to the room

We are in an RS now and were told at breakfast this morning that Luminae room service is only for Penthouse suites. Our butler hasnt been as on the ball either so it really can be to each their own I guess.

For the OP, I do have to say that the access to both Luminae and Michael's Club is a large part of what you are paying for in a suite. If you don't plan to take advantage of those, have you considered switching to a lower cabin? I'm not sure I'd pay suite prices for extra space, but that's just me.

Now you tell me:).

We were in a PH last year and were never offered that despite asking our Butler for Breakfast pastries.

I am new to Celebrity myself, our first cruise coming up Sunday. But I have read that Butlers will do as requested, but not all will offer to do little things like go for the "special" pastries unless asked specifically. Supposedly it does well to request things as opposed to expecting the Butler to offer special services. I know, how can you know what's possible if they don't tell us? I have figured that if we want something "special" to ask, and if it can't be done, it can't be done. I have read that most aim to please, with an occasional lackluster effort. It's our first time with a Butler - Sky Suite, not PH - we don't plan on running anyone ragged, but if we want something, we will ask.

Edited by galensgrl

Our butler was able to bring us Luminae pastries for breakfast. We didn't realize until mid cruise that they were so much better so we had the standard ones for most of the cruise. Our butler checked in on us every day and we mentioned the pastries. He said yes, just write it on the form that we hang on the door each night. When we came home, we found he had already profiled the form for us in case we forgot. On our next cruise we plan on asking our butler on day 1 and hope he is as accommodating.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all your responses as they were quite helpful.

I just wanted to clarify that other than asking for breakfast pastries for room service i was asking if i could skip by Luminae and just pick up the hamburger and join my family in the buffet and eat it there..surely they could accommodate that request.

Just off the Summit. Our butler brought us almond croissants and coffee from Baccio every morning. Just left them in the kitchen for us. Almond croissants are not available in Luminae. Pastries in Baccio are every bit as good as pastries in Luminae. Everybody can access pastries in Baccio.

I am new to Celebrity myself, our first cruise coming up Sunday. But I have read that Butlers will do as requested, but not all will offer to do little things like go for the "special" pastries unless asked specifically. Supposedly it does well to request things as opposed to expecting the Butler to offer special services. I know, how can you know what's possible if they don't tell us? I have figured that if we want something "special" to ask, and if it can't be done, it can't be done. I have read that most aim to please, with an occasional lackluster effort. It's our first time with a Butler - Sky Suite, not PH - we don't plan on running anyone ragged, but if we want something, we will ask.

There are limits though. When we were in an Eclipse Penthouse in January our Butler George bent over backwards to help us with things (although we did not ask for a lot) and did some tasks that technically he wasn't supposed to. But there were still some things that were a "no" like when we asked if we dined in our suite and wanted Luminae sent up if our 4 friends (non-Suite guests) could join the 3 of us ( the dining table seats 8) and he said they could dine with us but could not get food from Luminae, even though all 7 of us were able to eat in Luminae itself together (with fees for the non-suite guests).

I just wanted to clarify that other than asking for breakfast pastries for room service i was asking if i could skip by Luminae and just pick up the hamburger and join my family in the buffet and eat it there..surely they could accommodate that request.

I assume you have previously dined in Luminae?

If not you might understand better after you dine there.

Based on my experience I would not think Celebrity would want to offer carry out in Luminae otherwise it would be offered for room service. Probably the best you could do is sit down, order your burger, and then leave with your burger. Under special circumstances they are likely to meet any reasonable request.

You would like to stop at Luminae, and order your meal "to go" and take it to the buffet to eat with your family? That's problematic on so many levels, and I have no would doubt that it would be prohibited. First, how would they even pack it? I don't think they will allow you to carry covered trays out through the ship. Nor will they have "take out" containers. Also, then they can not make sure the food will stay the correct temperature. Imagine sauce that congealed, meat that is cold, soup that is cold etc. Then there is the issue lof you clearly eating a meal in front of everyone that no one else around you can have...prompting questions and explanations some of which would no doubt result in some sort of discord. If you want to eat with your family, do so in the other complimentary venues they have access to or pay for specialty dining. Either that or you should all travel in the same category accommodations.

For the OP, I do have to say that the access to both Luminae and Michael's Club is a large part of what you are paying for in a suite. If you don't plan to take advantage of those, have you considered switching to a lower cabin? I'm not sure I'd pay suite prices for extra space, but that's just me.

Kind of what I was thinking but I'm not paying the money. Why not just make sure you eat dinner together. Lunch and breakfast on your own is not a big deal, many people eat at different times anyway. Same with dinner, you don't need to eat together every night. I shouldn't say you, I really mean I wouldn't need to.

Enjoy, a nice issue to have :)

You would like to stop at Luminae, and order your meal "to go" and take it to the buffet to eat with your family? That's problematic on so many levels, and I have no would doubt that it would be prohibited. First, how would they even pack it? I don't think they will allow you to carry covered trays out through the ship. Nor will they have "take out" containers. Also, then they can not make sure the food will stay the correct temperature. Imagine sauce that congealed, meat that is cold, soup that is cold etc. Then there is the issue lof you clearly eating a meal in front of everyone that no one else around you can have...prompting questions and explanations some of which would no doubt result in some sort of discord. If you want to eat with your family, do so in the other complimentary venues they have access to or pay for specialty dining. Either that or you should all travel in the same category accommodations.

smiley-face-thumbs-up-smiley-face-with-thumbs-up-jpg-TMNM31-clipart.jpg