Cabin Cleaning

Does RCI have once or twice a day cleaning? If once, do you choose the time?

Twice.There is a little card you put in the card slot,one side do not disturb the other please make cabin up and this helps the cabin steward greatly.

This brings up an interesting question. I'd rather have it cleaned once a day at night or evening and we do that sometimes. Does that help out the cabin Steward with workload? I think on our next cruise we will do that, we are not messy so we could get away with once a day and if it lightens the load for the cabin steward it's a win, win.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

This brings up an interesting question. I'd rather have it cleaned once a day at night or evening and we do that sometimes. Does that help out the cabin Steward with workload? I think on our next cruise we will do that, we are not messy so we could get away with once a day and if it lightens the load for the cabin steward it's a win, win.

it would probably make very little difference overall, but you can always tell the cabin steward that's what you prefer. he may ask you to sign something to that effect so his boss doesn't yell at him for not doing his normal routine.

we have done this a few times, I tend to take naps during the day so I always 'make' the bed myself in the morning. we only have them exchange towels mid way through as well.

Cabin steward does room after you have left for dinner and takes away dirty towels and brings new towels and leaves the cruise compass for the next day and any other information like C&A art auctions etc.

That brings another question: are linens typically changed in the course of the stay? On my last couple of cruises, I've noticed my room will be tidied up, but I have the same sheets throughout. Maybe they do this to be green.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Only if you request it.

I am honestly considering putting up a hidden camera in my stateroom next time I cruise to see what they do and how fast. They have always been great, in all 3 cruise lines I have been on, but I am just curious at how much and how fast they work. (Yes, it is totally legal)

Florida Statute 810.145 

If you ask him to only clean in the evening, you might actually be asking him to do extra work. I believe, but I might be wrong, that the main cleaning is in the morning, and in the evening it's turn down service. Mostly replacing towels, and wiping down observed messes etc. So asking to clean in the evening, would mean he would have to bring in all his stuff, during a period of time, he usually is only doing a quick once over.

That brings another question: are linens typically changed in the course of the stay? On my last couple of cruises, I've noticed my room will be tidied up, but I have the same sheets throughout. Maybe they do this to be green.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I would say unless it was obvious they needed changing sooner, about midway through for a 7 day cruise. towels are hit and miss: we always rehang just like the little card says and about half the time they let it go until I leave them on the floor.

If you ask him to only clean in the evening, you might actually be asking him to do extra work. I believe, but I might be wrong, that the main cleaning is in the morning, and in the evening it's turn down service. Mostly replacing towels, and wiping down observed messes etc. So asking to clean in the evening, would mean he would have to bring in all his stuff, during a period of time, he usually is only doing a quick once over.

that's a good point. they are definitely not running the vacuum or dusting.

I would say unless it was obvious they needed changing sooner, about midway through for a 7 day cruise. towels are hit and miss: we always rehang just like the little card says and about half the time they let it go until I leave them on the floor.

Unless you have a bed next to the bathroom on Harmony balcony cabins which are very warm.

RCI cabin attendants have always done a fabulous job, IMO.

"I got up and went to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and when I returned, my bed was made." :p

Don't quit your job as the Cruise Directors job is not available. :D