Finding excursions ~10 months out

Trin1103

We just booked our cruise for Feb 2018 on the Freedom today - super excited!! :-D

However - when I went to shop for shore excursions, two of our ports (Belize and Mahogany Bay) have very little excursions right now. Like - Mahogany Bay has two. TWO!

I am assuming that this is normal - for shore excursions to not show up this far out?

Yes, this is normal. Until excursion contracts are formulated with vendors, this can happen. Keep checking. The excursions are added on a constant basis. Sometimes they are listed as far as a year out, and sometimes are added very close to sailing.

Was going to ask the same question - I just booked last week for January 2018 and there's hardly anything up for our ports yet - certainly not the ones we want to do (Mayan ruin excursions, etc.). This will be my 7th cruise, but the first in quite a long time, and I couldn't remember the timing of excursions being available online!

We just booked our cruise for Feb 2018 on the Freedom today - super excited!! :-D

However - when I went to shop for shore excursions, two of our ports (Belize and Mahogany Bay) have very little excursions right now. Like - Mahogany Bay has two. TWO!

I am assuming that this is normal - for shore excursions to not show up this far out?

In Belize, we either book an early half day excursion, privately, or if we want to do something longer (ie cave tubing) book thru the ship. It is a tender port and I am NOT being left behind! :D One of the two best excursions we did there was a private snorkel and shark swim and a CCL Altun Ha and River Wallace. BOTH Fantastic!

In Honduras, we always book privately. Use Victor Bodden or Island Marketing and craft a tour to suit your interests. We love animals so have done zip lining and monkeys (Victor), sloths and iguanas (IM), west bay beach, island tours etc. The local food is awesome.

These are both great ports.

Yes, sometimes they don't show up for a while. If you take a look on the main page, you can view all excursions that are available in each port. The times and availability may vary a little bit but most of them will be the same. Just write down things that sound appealing to you and book them when they become available :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app