Does Anyone Else Not Stress Over Carnival's New Changes ?

I actually prefer the tables in the MDR without the tablecloths. They used tablecloths on the two formal nights but the other nights it was just as fine. It's not like the tables are messy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually prefer the tables in the MDR without the tablecloths. They used tablecloths on the two formal nights but the other nights it was just as fine. It's not like the tables are messy.

Me too. I think Glory's tables are beautiful. Unlike Vista's which are cheap looking laminate.

Me too. I think Glory's tables are beautiful. Unlike Vista's which are cheap looking laminate.

You are right. Using tablecloths on Glory's tables will hide the beauty of the tables.

I just went on my first cruise with my wife few weeks ago on Triumph. I read reviews after we booked it and have seen so many complaints about Carnival but in the end I'm on vacation to enjoy it not pick put every detail and see how much I can complain.

These are the main complaints I've read here and other placing. Maybe somebody can help me understand.

What I don't understand is why remove gratuities. Me personally they should be added and not allowed to be taken off. If there is a problem go speak with somebody. Problems can't get fixed if you don't speak up. We tipped each person extra that got us drinks servers in the MDR. We went to have dinner formal night and neither of us felt good we ordered our food already. And decided to go back to our room we asked if he could have the food brought to our room. He said it would be later before he could do it i said that was fine. 30 mins later he personally delivered it to us.

Who needs their room cleaned twice a day. Are you that lazy to keep it cleaned up after yourself / family. Our room steward asked us how often he needed to check our room daily. I told him in the mornings and let him know I had a cooler he kept the cooler full of ice. Which means he took the time and pulled the stuff out emptied the cooler put stuff back in it and filled it with ice. I never seen melted ice in the cooler no matter when we looked in it.

Table cloths who cares. Are you that dirty you need a table cloth. I would rather have a table without a table cloth because you know it's clean.

Food complaints there is enough options take your pick if you don't like it find something else. It all free your not paying per meal. You paying to enjoy the ship and the things that are included.

Seen people complain about kids. If you dont want to be around kids then book a vacation that is for adults onky. Yea it was hard to find pools and hot tubs without kids. But the cruise I was on and seen adults and kids in the pool and all of them having fun.

We have low standards I guess because we booked the same ship July 2018 and taking our girls with us.

As I said before EVERY VACATION IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT. If there is a major problem then that's one thing. But 90% of the issues I seen talked about are opinions which everybody is entitled to voice. There are many different cruise lines to just from just like any other kind of vacation. Pick it if you don't like it find another. But if you look that much into every vacation everybody does there will be just as many complaints as any other.

I just went on my first cruise with my wife few weeks ago on Triumph. I read reviews after we booked it and have seen so many complaints about Carnival but in the end I'm on vacation to enjoy it not pick put every detail and see how much I can complain.

These are the main complaints I've read here and other placing. Maybe somebody can help me understand.

What I don't understand is why remove gratuities. Me personally they should be added and not allowed to be taken off. If there is a problem go speak with somebody. Problems can't get fixed if you don't speak up. We tipped each person extra that got us drinks servers in the MDR. We went to have dinner formal night and neither of us felt good we ordered our food already. And decided to go back to our room we asked if he could have the food brought to our room. He said it would be later before he could do it i said that was fine. 30 mins later he personally delivered it to us.

Who needs their room cleaned twice a day. Are you that lazy to keep it cleaned up after yourself / family. Our room steward asked us how often he needed to check our room daily. I told him in the mornings and let him know I had a cooler he kept the cooler full of ice. Which means he took the time and pulled the stuff out emptied the cooler put stuff back in it and filled it with ice. I never seen melted ice in the cooler no matter when we looked in it.

Table cloths who cares. Are you that dirty you need a table cloth. I would rather have a table without a table cloth because you know it's clean.

Food complaints there is enough options take your pick if you don't like it find something else. It all free your not paying per meal. You paying to enjoy the ship and the things that are included.

Seen people complain about kids. If you dont want to be around kids then book a vacation that is for adults onky. Yea it was hard to find pools and hot tubs without kids. But the cruise I was on and seen adults and kids in the pool and all of them having fun.

We have low standards I guess because we booked the same ship July 2018 and taking our girls with us.

As I said before EVERY VACATION IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT. If there is a major problem then that's one thing. But 90% of the issues I seen talked about are opinions which everybody is entitled to voice. There are many different cruise lines to just from just like any other kind of vacation. Pick it if you don't like it find another. But if you look that much into every vacation everybody does there will be just as many complaints as any other.

I really love your attitude. We are also booked on our first ever cruise and some of the negative posts blow my mind. You're on holidays, go,relax and enjoy what the ship has to offer. If you don't like what the ship is offering, move to another ship that has what you're looking for. Just don't expect it for the same price, be willing to pay more.

Typo. Whatever.

Think what you want. My signature line speaks for itself.

RC's food isn't very good, so they're close to last on my list going forward. The itinerary/price will really have to wow me to give them another try.

I spent 7 days on the Harmony of the Seas in late March and am now in Barcelona after a 14-day transatlantic cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. The food on both of these cruises was fine.

I still cruise on Carnival more than Royal but both lines are good and Royal does offer me better benefits.

As far as Carnival cutbacks go, I am unhappy with the significant reduction of benefits when booking a future cruise while onboard.

I'm not sure, but I may be the only one not stressing-out over some of the recent changes.

Some of the changes I'm not too crazy about but I'm just going to go with the flow.

Just curious if there are any other cruisers that may feel the same way?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

back to the OP who has not responded, what specifically are you stressed about. I personally think Carnival takes care of this very well.

The OP said right from the start that they aren't stressed about the changes.

I agree with you in principle, but some of the examples you give are worthy of comment.

These are the main complaints I've read here and other placing. Maybe somebody can help me understand. What I don't understand is why remove gratuities.
It depends on what you mean. I removed prepaid gratuities so I can (hopefully) have on-board credit applied to that. I know other folks have automatic gratuities removed so that they can provide cash to the crew instead, based on their assumption that the crew that serves them gets to keep more of it that way (perhaps instead of sharing it with other crew members who help them).

Then there are the folks who remove gratuities and don't tip cash. Why? Self-centered greed, I suppose.

Who needs their room cleaned twice a day.
We surely don't but what we do need is ice, and really more than twice a day. At home we have a freezer that makes ice. Truly, if the ship had an ice machine on every deck with staterooms, I think that alone would get rid of the need for the room to be "serviced" twice a day.

Table cloths who cares.
Since the big blow-up on this forum, I've been paying attention to the better restaurants we've been to. There's no pattern. Some have tablecloths, some don't. Maybe there is a stratospheric realm of restaurants that we'd never patronize that is more uniformly tablecloth adherent, but for the better places we go to eat, it goes both ways and each has its advantages and disadvantages.

Food complaints there is enough options take your pick if you don't like it find something else. It all free your not paying per meal.
This is nonsense. Nothing is "free".

You paying to enjoy the ship and the things that are included.
Including those meals. You're actually paying for them. A good point can be made about how much you're actually paying for them (I saw it posted a day or so ago... Carnival was in the $8 pp per day range) and how much that is reflected in what you get.

Seen people complain about kids. If you dont want to be around kids then book a vacation that is for adults onky.
I think the consternation there is two-fold: First, there aren't all that many adults-only cruises to be had, and they often are group charters for groups of which you may not want to be a part. Second, while some folks actually do mind children just being children, many others don't have a problem with that but instead solely have a problem with inadequately parented children. Children who are running up and down hallways instead of doing so on the Sports deck where running is appropriate, and their parents either are not supervising them or not taking remedial action. Children who are maliciously impeding the use of the elevators by those who need them for mobility, and their parents either are not supervising them or not taking remedial action. And so on. It really isn't the children that are the targets of the ire - it is their self-indulgent and therefore delinquent parents. And as such it would be the same as if the parent was doing these things - would you be sanguine about an adult frivolously banging on all the cabin doors on the hall at 1am while you're trying to sleep? If not, then the fact that a child is doing it doesn't change anything, because the child is supposed to be parented.

I do not stress over the changes, though I am not happy with the adult pool change to families/kids. I DO stress over health issues, my kids having happy lives, my husband being overwhelmed at work. Cruising is escape for my family- a time to relax and get away from the pressures of the "real" world. Can't sweat the small stuff.

I'm not sure, but I may be the only one not stressing-out over some of the recent changes.

Some of the changes I'm not too crazy about but I'm just going to go with the flow.

Just curious if there are any other cruisers that may feel the same way?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

There is a very simple remedy for your stress. Change cruise lines. There are lots or cruise lines out there, so if Carnival's stressing you out with all these changes - jump ship.:)

Ever since I joined this discussion board I have been amazed atthe sheer number of cruisers who seem to treat cruising like a marriage - the "forsake all others" part, not the 50/50 part (have you read those cruise contracts:eek:).

If you truly hate that Carnival doesn’t have table clothes anymore, don't stress about it, book with a cruise line that has table clothes. If you don't like kids in your formally adult only pool areas, don't stress about it, book with an adult focused cruise line. There are lots of ships in the ocean, resorts on great beaches, and wonderful hotels in wonderful historic cities where you can spent your vacation dollars. Why waste time and money on Carnival if they are stressing you out?

For me, an old cruise line is like an old razor blade. It may have done the job for me when it was sharp and new, but when it gets dull, or it causes me stress by using it, I toss it out and buy a new blade.

It is what it is...

Do you know how many changes CCL has made in the last 20 years.... Your head would spin.

I miss the pillow fights and horse racing

and my major complaint is why is the ice not as cold anymore LOL

There is a very simple remedy for your stress. Change cruise lines.
I cannot agree. Switching to a new provider of anything is going to be stress-inducing. How many times do we read, "Why doesn't XXX do YYY like ZZZ does?" or worse, "How was I supposed to know that XXX doesn't do YYY like ZZZ does?"
For me, an old cruise line is like an old razor blade.
For me, an old cruise line is like an old sock: Worn and frayed, yes, but also far more comfortable than stiff, scratchy package-new socks.

Telling others not to stress over change is futile. Change may be the most stressful thing in life. Change in health, career, abilities, society etc.

Suggests on how to cope and adapt will help some. Suggestions not to focus on the negatives or details, suggestions for alternatives can help many. Some just like to complain.

One change that I love is the new perks for suites includes most of the FTTF perks and a free bag of LAUNDRY! After spending a week at Disney before hand I have laundry when getting on the ship. It's amazing how much you can tightly pack into one bag. Hey they had to return it in 3 separate bags!

Isn't that one of the changes? The downgrading of food and services. Cheaper foods MDR, and definitely a downgrade in service. How low must it go, before you jump to another line?

When I notice a decline in food quality and service than maybe I will take notice.

Isn't that one of the changes? The downgrading of food and services. Cheaper foods MDR, and definitely a downgrade in service. How low must it go, before you jump to another line?

Can you post the article from CCL that the food has been downgraded Ty in advance

I cannot agree. Switching to a new provider of anything is going to be stress-inducing. How many times do we read, "Why doesn't XXX do YYY like ZZZ does?" or worse, "How was I supposed to know that XXX doesn't do YYY like ZZZ does?" [/font]

Perhaps I'm just a wild adventurer type. If my Mazda gets rusty, I'll switch to a Subaru. If Air Canada, provides lousy service I'll switch to Westjet. If Carnival takes my tablechothes away I'll switch to Royal, Celebrity, Norwegian etc. No stress at all.

For me, an old cruise line is like an old sock: Worn and frayed, yes, but also far more comfortable than stiff, scratchy package-new socks.

It's your choice. If you want to stay with a stinky, worn and frayed old sock, so be it. The new socks I buy are nice and soft and don't cause any stress at all.:D

Edited by DirtyDawg

The only thing I don't love is the new menu in the MDR. That being said, I still go EVERY night because I like the experience and the food is not terrible. I am super picky and there isn't always something that appeals to me. There is however a ton of other places for me to eat later so NBD!

No stress here!