"Off the beaten track" attractions in Bermuda

cjwhistle

Coco Reef resort day pass gives you towels, loungers and umbrella on the beach and by the pool, as well as a meal and a cocktail. Have done it twice and it's much less crowded than the public beach. Strong swimmers can DIY snorkel just off the shoreline; the reefs are full of beautiful fish.

Coco Reef resort day pass gives you towels, loungers and umbrella on the beach and by the pool, as well as a meal and a cocktail. Have done it twice and it's much less crowded than the public beach. Strong swimmers can DIY snorkel just off the shoreline; the reefs are full of beautiful fish.

We did that two years ago, very nice day...

Public park in Hamilton...beautiful trees and flowers and moongates..

Also interesting is the post ofc..historic buildings in the city...

We spent time at Dockyard...enjoyed the Bontanic gardens.

If you are interested in wild natural scenery and birdwatching go to the Spittal Pond Nature Preserve and walk the trails for views of the sea crashing into the cliffs and the beautiful Bermuda Longtail bird that frequents this area.

It is a stop on the public bus system.

During our August 2015 Bermuda trip, my husband and I took a small group tour with a local company called Hidden Gems; It was a full day of activities, taking us to gorgeous, out-of-way spots. The tour operator was actually recommended to us by a Celebrity Future Cruise Agent!

Here's a link if you'd like to check it out: http://bermudahiddengems.com/Summer_Excursion.html

It wasn't inexpensive... but for all we experienced that day, we both felt it was money well spent!

We enjoyed exploring the gardens and historic buildings at Ft. Hamilton and walking along the Bermuda Railway Trail on our cruise last year. Neither had more than a handful of people so quiet and pleasant. There are a couple of interesting museums in Hamilton. We also found that beaches without facilities were more or less deserted even if you were only a ten minute walk from the ones with chair rentals/restrooms if that's more your thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Coopers Island Nature Reserve - Way off beaten path and on a peninsula that gets very narrow (this is in the St. George side of the island, but the opposite end from the to. You will first come to a very busy beach that seemed very local. If you go to end of road and park, walk past the "gate" which (was just a walk-through barrier to prevent auto/scooter traffic) and walk about a half mile on the little road. You will eventually see the water on the right past a grassy field. There is a beautiful cove with sandy beach and it will likely be near deserted. We shared it with a couple of young girls further down. At one point a jet ski tour stopped by to get wet, but otherwise not a soul. We were told this was Turtle Bay by a local who sent us there. Maps say Turtle Bay is as enter on the other side of the peninsula in a not as nice area and next to the busy beach. We swam laid in the sun and saw turtles (3), so we agree with the local.

I admit that this likely requires a scooter or cab ride (no rental cars on island and not sure if bus gets over there), but well worth the trip if you like beautiful crescent shaped beaches that are nearly vacant. A highlight of our trip for sure.

DH and I are cruising to Bermuda on the Summit on May 28. (17 more days!!)

I've researched all the main attractions the island has to offer but was wondering if there are any recommendations for any hidden gems.

Don't know if this will be of any help to you, but there is an extensive 'to do' list here. Here are 2 updates that will be added to the list:

SBtS