Carnival Corp lost some $$$ tonight

VASOXFANN

This evening I tried to change a booking on which I already made a large payment and several payments to another, more expensive cruise. Carnival would not make the change without taking off my On-board booking OBC so I cancelled the entire booking and booked a less expensive cruise on Celebrity with prepaid gratuities and drink packages for both of us.

I'm sure Carnival will sell our stateroom, but these are the kinds of tactics that cost them loyal customers.

Allstate drivewise also has Celebrity Giftcards for 10% off. Winner, winner! :D

Good choice with Celebrity.

I was a very loyal cruiser with Carnival but now CCL seems more expensive to me than X does.

I'd still go on CCL and like it, but X has become my new go to with how CCL has been raising prices and not offering as high of a quality service in my opinion.

That good to know about X gift cards too, but I do believe their GCs are only allowed to be used for bookings and not on board. At least that's how it was last year and earlier this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

On the ships the personal are so friendly, helpful and loyal. Corporate seems to care solely about bean counting now, no loyalty for past guests. I cruise , but not for corporate and if their attitude were to trickle down to the ship level, I'd be done.

We had a similar scenario in 2013. Their approach to us as long standing customers was non existent. They didn't care so I booked our first cruise with Celebrity. I have now sailed 6 times on Celebrity and our 7th coming up in October. I find their pricing, all inclusive, and customer service great. Never plan on booking a Carnival cruise again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is always interesting when people complain about their inability to convince CCL to violate the rules of the bookings which they agreed to when they booked it. And then they cancel the booking they wanted to change and pretend that they have won. My guess is they forgot to mention that they did not get their money back. It was probably kept by CCL and will have to be used for a future cruise. Prove me wrong.

It is always interesting when people complain about their inability to convince CCL to violate the rules of the bookings which they agreed to when they booked it. And then they cancel the booking they wanted to change and pretend that they have won. My guess is they forgot to mention that they did not get their money back. It was probably kept by CCL and will have to be used for a future cruise. Prove me wrong.

Yep, the booking rules are the booking rules. I only wish they enforced the onboard rules as stringently:D.

I too, have sailed a lot of Celebrity cruises, but frankly not for some time now. I LOVE the customer service aboard Celebrity, and their entertainment, but wish they sailed from somewhere in Florida other than Miami. Oh well, it's usually worth putting up with embarkation there, to get their great service.

"SKY"

For different reasons, I have booked an upcoming cruise on MSC, with plans also for a cruise on NCL. I dont dislike Carnival, but some things on the last two cruises bothered me enough to seek out a different cruiseline. Price used to be my bottom line reason for booking Carnival, plus having always enjoyed my cruises with them, but Carnival no longer offers the best price for me, as well as some policies that I do not like, so I am taking my cruise business elsewhere for now. I dont rule them out again in the future, but for now, I need to try something new.

Our scenario was different. We had an inexperienced agent at Carnival. She failed to convey change in deposit terms. So since we did not put extra deposit down the cruise was cancelled without notification. When this came to light Carnival would not reinstate at our original booked rate. So I often refer they fired us as their guests. Best thing to ever happen and don't miss them one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do the bookings made on board say that there can be no changes? If so then I don't know why you would expect them to do that. As you can see from my signature I am not "loyal" to one line and don't believe in sticking to one just to obtain a status. The perks given are not worth it to me to limit myself to just one cruise line. Carnival happens to be the most convenient because they sail from the closest ports to me.

My favorite so far was on Celebrity Solstice - I think you will love sailing on their ships, especially with the deal that you received.

If they booked past guest, they get their deposit back.

I too, have sailed a lot of Celebrity cruises, but frankly not for some time now. I LOVE the customer service aboard Celebrity, and their entertainment, but wish they sailed from somewhere in Florida other than Miami. Oh well, it's usually worth putting up with embarkation there, to get their great service.

"SKY"

I have found embarkation in Miami for Celebrity to be about the easiest I've ever done. Take the tunnel, park, board within 15 minutes.

On the ships the personal are so friendly, helpful and loyal. Corporate seems to care solely about bean counting now, no loyalty for past guests. I cruise , but not for corporate and if their attitude were to trickle down to the ship level, I'd be done.

Don't fool yourself, all cruise lines have the same attitude to dead presidents. There are no exceptions.

Always book the past guest or military (if eligible) to get your deposit back. I am very upset with Carnival charging different rates for 3, 4 or 5th passengers in the same cabin. Celebrity won't work for me bringing grandkids that want slides and such but RCI will. Sorry you had a bad experience but I really do not think any lines will let you keep an OBC if you change your room.

We had an issue last week on an Excursion we bought through the Carnival Excursion desk on Dream. We immediately went to guest services when we got back on ship. Got nothing but the run around (they would only say they would email the tour operator to see what they said and would do). Our excursion was Friday, we got off the ship on Sunday with no answers. Started calling and no answer, left my # for a call back from Carnival and no answer, emailed and no reply, posted on John Heald's FB and no answer, filled out the survey with all the info and no response. I'm really disgusted with their lack of caring and the guest services attitude. Last night my husband got a call from Carnival wanting to book our next cruise and he told her the situation and that we may be looking at a different cruise line if Carnival doesn't make it right. She said she will call back tonight at 6:00 to fix it (I'm not holding my breath). It's a shame because the Dream was awesome and the guest services is ruining it for us.

We had an issue last week on an Excursion we bought through the Carnival Excursion desk on Dream. We immediately went to guest services when we got back on ship. Got nothing but the run around (they would only say they would email the tour operator to see what they said and would do. I told them that was not acceptable making us wait days/weeks/months as we purchased it straight from Carnival and not from an outside operator.). Our excursion was Friday, we got off the ship on Sunday with no answers. Started calling and no answer, left my # for a call back from Carnival and no answer, emailed and no reply, posted on John Heald's FB and no answer, filled out the survey with all the info and no response. I'm really disgusted with their lack of caring and the guest services attitude. Last night my husband got a call from Carnival wanting to book our next cruise and he told her the situation and that we may be looking at a different cruise line if Carnival doesn't make it right. She said she will call back tonight at 6:00 to fix it (I'm not holding my breath). It's a shame because the Dream was awesome and the guest services is ruining it for us.

We had an issue last week on an Excursion we bought through the Carnival Excursion desk on Dream. We immediately went to guest services when we got back on ship. Got nothing but the run around (they would only say they would email the tour operator to see what they said and would do. I told them that was not acceptable making us wait days/weeks/months as we purchased it straight from Carnival and not from an outside operator.). Our excursion was Friday, we got off the ship on Sunday with no answers. Started calling and no answer, left my # for a call back from Carnival and no answer, emailed and no reply, posted on John Heald's FB and no answer, filled out the survey with all the info and no response. I'm really disgusted with their lack of caring and the guest services attitude. Last night my husband got a call from Carnival wanting to book our next cruise and he told her the situation and that we may be looking at a different cruise line if Carnival doesn't make it right. She said she will call back tonight at 6:00 to fix it (I'm not holding my breath). It's a shame because the Dream was awesome and the guest services is ruining it for us.

Since the excursion operators have no affiliation with the cruise line this is something that can unfortunately happen on any line. They have little to no control over the excursion operators so there isn't much they can do if you had an issue.