C&A Question

Are Crown and Anchor points accrued for number of nights you (yourself) are on board, or number of nights worth of each room you have? For example, if I had 4 kids (no way, but if), and I booked three adjoining rooms, do we just get one night, or 3 nights worth of points? I know suites give double, so I didn't know if having multiple rooms gives additional points as well. I'm wondering this because it's often cheaper/or same to book 2 separate balcony rooms for a family (and get a second bathroom) than to pay the fee for four people even in a JS.

Are Crown and Anchor points accrued for number of nights you (yourself) are on board, or number of nights worth of each room you have? For example, if I had 4 kids (no way, but if), and I booked three adjoining rooms, do we just get one night, or 3 nights worth of points? I know suites give double, so I didn't know if having multiple rooms gives additional points as well. I'm wondering this because it's often cheaper/or same to book 2 separate balcony rooms for a family (and get a second bathroom) than to pay the fee for four people even in a JS.

Each person accumulates points based on the stateroom and cruises they have been on. It does not matter who pays, it only matters who cruises in what category of stateroom.

Each person accumulates points based on the stateroom and cruises they have been on. It does not matter who pays, it only matters who cruises in what category of stateroom.

Oh....if it only mattered who paid...I'd be Pinnacle by now ;p

Thank you, I thought that was the case, but since kids take on their parents' levels, and they obviously can't book a cruise themselves, I didn't know if there was a difference because of them being minors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, I thought that was the case, but since kids take on their parents' levels, and they obviously can't book a cruise themselves, I didn't know if there was a difference because of them being minors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No difference. They still earn points like any other person sailing; points they earn by actually cruising will stay with them into adulthood; sharing their parent's status goes away once they reach a certain age.

Our son had our diamond level but had done 4 less than us and at 18 he dropped a level.

When kids turn 18, they retain their parents' status (regardless of points) - if yours didn't, call C&A to make him D again.

Biker, whose adult DD is a 39 point Diamond.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I are Diamond members. We have not cruised in several years and have a cruise booked for Feb, 2018. His mother has recently moved in with us and we are all cruising together in 1 room in Feb. Since she now lives with us, will she also have our Diamond status after we complete this cruise? That seems odd.