Island Princess delayed departure from Vancouver

Mingus

i was wondering what the delay was!

i saw her when i came into work, but usually the ships are gone or just leaving by the time i'm headed home...but my coworker on the late shift said she was still there when she caught the train.

glad it wasn't a medical emergency.

We were on a ship (can't remember which one) and just after boarding started we were in our cabin. As we left to head up to the buffet about 10 officers/police/whoever they were were running up the stairs right past us. They were in a hurry. A big hurry and they carrying lots of stuff on their belts. We thought it best to step back and let them pass. Someone wasn't finishing their cruise, be it passenger or crew. Kind of throws you off when you see that many law enforcement running on your ship. LOL.

We were on a ship (can't remember which one) and just after boarding started we were in our cabin. As we left to head up to the buffet about 10 officers/police/whoever they were were running up the stairs right past us. They were in a hurry. A big hurry and they carrying lots of stuff on their belts. We thought it best to step back and let them pass. Someone wasn't finishing their cruise, be it passenger or crew. Kind of throws you off when you see that many law enforcement running on your ship. LOL.

Maybe they got word the HC now open.

Thanks for the post. We took the Island Princess into Vancouver and noticed it didn't leave port until after 7 p.m. I just assumed it had maintenance problems and thought that was strange since we didn't experience any problems. It all makes sense now.

You do the crime. You do the time. Being a teacher, I sit there teacher children all day about thinking, before they do. Always make good choices, as with every bad choices comes a consequence. The sad thing here is, these people are adults. The silliest thing for such ignorance is the loss of a job. Kudos to Canada for their enforcement.

Canada is certainly tight with enforcement of one drug - Alcohol. Don't get caught drinking and driving.They have no sense of humor in that department. Also if you have had a DUI in the US (or elsewhere) you may well be inadmissible to Canada. It must be at least 10 years since you have paid all fines and finished probation. Not just 10 years since your violation. Many people are turned away at the border each year because of a past DUI.

Canada is very liberal on drugs.

Yeah? Well so is America.. We have 7 states where recreational marijuana is legal with several others where it's not "really" a crime. How many provinces in Canada is recreational marijuana legal?

And I know here in Washington where heroin is an epidemic they giveaway free needles to addicts like it's Halloween..