Are mosquitoes a problem on any of the island excursions

We leave June 3rd out of San Juan on Adventure. Just wondering if mosquito repellent is a necessity to pack for any of the shore excursions.

I pack in my toiletry bag a small travel container of repellent. If you are asking if it's a problem, than the answer is yes. They are everywhere, but it also depends on what excursion, or if you in the rainforest, are you snorkeling.

You may or may not encounter mosquitos. Obviously they would be more likely in a forest than a beach for example. We've taken all sorts of excursions in all environments in the Caribbean for years and I've never seen a mosquito. I always pack insect repellant, and have never used it. Boy Scout motto: Be Prepared :)

We leave June 3rd out of San Juan on Adventure. Just wondering if mosquito repellent is a necessity to pack for any of the shore excursions.

I would, and make sure it's the kind with DEET.

The only place we've run into mosquitoes on a Caribbean cruise was in Belize on the Altun Ha excursion which is in a rain forest. I used Off Wipes and they left us alone. I always carry them on excursions, just in case, but that's the only time we've had to use them. I get bit more in my own backyard.

We have always taken bug spray with DEET, and are Pro-active ourselves.

Even if no current warning posted when we zip line in places like San Juan or Jamaica we spray......peace of mind, and hope it does work.

Safe travels

It can be passed by sex, blood transfusion and mosquitoes getting infected by biting an infecting person and spreading it further

yes, I know,but i was referring that if someone gets infected in the Caribbean and this person goes back to the States and will infect another person unless they have sex or are getting a blood transfusion. I got Zika myself, and in 2 days I was ok again, and after 1 week I was complete recovered. So basically not worse than a common cold.

We always bring bug spray not only for the mosquitos but also for various fleas especially along the beach. Got bitten by fleas on the beach in Fla. once and was worse than mosquito bites!!! If you visit Alaska don't forget the bear spray as those bites REALLY hurt!!!!LOL