Seafood restaurant

Sun 4-ever

I have not been on this ship but from what I found on Carnival's website it has the Bonsai Sushi restaurant. I didn't find any information about any other kind of seafood restaurant on board.

It has a seafood area near the pools on Australian sailings called Freshies... Nobody knows about it as it wasn't heavily advertised in the fun times or on the website... also it was for an extra fee... come the refurb next year it will be a guys burger joint or blue iguana...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Amazingly, at sea, there is little 'good" seafood! There may be a fish offering on the menu, but a real "seafood" restaurant...nope!

Larger Carnival ships are offering a Seafood Shack. It's extra. And you can get a nice sea bass in the Steakhouse as well as there's typically some kind of seafood on the menus in the MDR and in the Lido buffets. However to offer many different types of fresh fish and shell fish in a regular setting on many mid size and smaller ships may not be possible due to storage concerns and waste (if fresh fish isn't eaten that day, health regs will say toss it).

I was just on the Legend and they offered the Seafood Corner for, I believe, 3 days. It's an additional cost but was reasonable. We liked it. It ran from 11-9 on Lido and did have some long waits.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app

Actually makes sense. I checked the website and did not see this ship mentioned Stand corrected.

Sent from my iPhone

Actually makes sense. I checked the website and did not see this ship mentioned Stand corrected.

Sent from my iPhone

It's not in a permanent space, they just use one side of the grill, and it doesn't run all the time, so that might be why they don't have it listed. We weren't expecting it, but it was a nice surprise! I'm not sure if it's the full "shack" menu either, I haven't been on a ship with that yet.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app

I just got off the Legend last Monday, and yes, they have the Seafood Corner. The fish was good, better than the old Fish n Chips place they used to have on the Conquest. The tarter sauce is spicy, though, which is weird for this New England girl. We waited for no less than 30 minutes for our food, however. It's definitely not worth that long of a wait, and I am not sure we would do it again. And to be clear, there was only one person in front of us in line, so it's not a line that was a problem. It literally takes them that long to make the food.

86b54cf525656a54634ff28f01aa2a85.jpg

cc4c627cf067af7c14d41a3f520f270b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums