Lumberjack show on board Alaska cruises

DougH

Sailing on the Coral princess and a new addition this year was a lumberjack show. They had a guy from the Lumberjack show in Keichikan onboard talking about the show, then there was an ax throwing competition among several passengers (with CD also throwing) Two tickets to the actual show in Ketchikan were given as a prize to the winner. All did surprising well and it was fun to watch.

Sailing on the Coral princess and a new addition this year was a lumberjack show. They had a guy from the Lumberjack show in Keichikan onboard talking about the show, then there was an ax throwing competition among several passengers (with CD also throwing) Two tickets to the actual show in Ketchikan were given as a prize to the winner. All did surprising well and it was fun to watch.

Oh thank you for telling us!! Boarding the Coral in a couple weeks! Sounds like fun!!

Let me know when you go on the Tracy Fjord Tour with Adventure Bound Alaska! I can't wait to get on that one!

We were on the Crown last summer, and the lumberjack dude gave a very interesting presentation with slides and all, then did the competition the next day on stage in the theater with passengers. Since inquiring minds want to know, they threw the axes away from the audience, toward targets.

Did they do as well as on the Johnny Carson show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5QC9ZJkM8. Remember this.

DON

Why book through Princess. The show is about a half block from where the ship docks in Ketchikan. Just "walk on down!"

I was curious if you could just purchase tickets to the show on the day of. The excursion on Princess website combines this show with a visit to a state park which I could do without. I am very interested in the Deadliest catch excursion but probably couldn't fit in both excursions, but depending on the show times could maybe do the lumberjack show after the excursion.

I've heard some people state that show was kind of juvenile and pretty hoaky. We booked it anyway as we had been to Ketchikan several times and always heard cheering from the crowds. Wow....it was so much fun for our group (all adults) and so glad we hadn't listened to the naysayers. We had a blast!!

Just of note, we had gotten our tickets right there at the store in front of the show using our AAA discount. It's a little cheaper to do it this way and don't think the cruise line even provides transportation or anything else if you purchase them onboard ... I think they just add a little surcharge. I believe you can also buy them online but it was easy enough to get them at the general store, too. That way, you are not tied to your tickets if plans change. However, there was about a 10 minute line to wait in buying them once already there.

It's a family-friendly show with some rehearsed gags, but real competition throwing axes, sawing logs, etc.

My sister and I met the lumberjack on board -- he was the hairiest man we'd ever seen -- and we sat front and center at the show to shout at him throughout. The other guys had more fun teasing him, which made the show a little less predictable.

But, buy the tickets ashore, negotiate with the guys at the pier.

I've heard some people state that show was kind of juvenile and pretty hoaky.
I think that's the nature of a Lumberjack show.

BTW... when in Vancouver and visiting Grouse... the Lumberjack show is complimentary...

BTW... after the Lumberjack show.... check out the Skagway's Red Onion for therapy.

_VjRwRxutW8 h0tX3EVlwbo

BTW... after the Lumberjack show.... check out the Skagway's Red Onion for therapy.

That would be difficult since the Lumberjack show is in Ketchikan... a long walk to Skagway. :rolleyes: