What to do in Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port

The 17th. street area just north of the airport are a popular place, close to the port and airport. Some have free airport shuttles, and 7-8 $ p.p. to the port. Many good places to eat. Here are some we have stayed at HyattPlace 17th.st. convention center, Embassy Suites, Holliday Inn express, Hilton Marina. all along 17th.st.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to book my hotel for the night before my cruise in September. I am wondering the best places to stay at. We won't be renting a car and will be walking to places close by or rideshare.

What time does your flight arrive? Are there any kids? What is your hotel budget? Do you want to be on or close to the beach?

My idea of "the best place" would be the Ritz Carlton or the Marriot Harbor Beach Resort, but both of those properties are over $300 per night even in September. If you flight arrives at 6:00, 7:00 or even later then I think that would be a waste of money unless you've got money to burn.

Thanks Everyone for your tips and suggestions. As far as BEST. I was thinking more along the lines of location, food and where to get adult beverages.

That sounds like Downtown Ft Lauderdale and Las Olas Blvd to me, so that means Riverside Hotel.

But then, how many restaurants and bars do you actually need with only a few hours in one night?

There are four hotels in the area at Griffin Road/I-95 and Ravenswood Rd/Anglers Avenue: Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn and Courtyard which are all a short walk to Rustic Inn Crabhouse, Tropical Acres Steakhouse and Islamorada Fish Company (next to Bass Pro Shop) as well as Wendy's, Dunkin' Donuts, Subway and a Mexican restaurant and Irish pub/restaurant.

The Harbor Shops area has good dining and the Sun Trolly stops in front of Publics store. You can jump on and off the trolly for the whole day $3 each. We took it to the beach and back. Resteraunts close by are, Gilberts, Duffys, Kellys Landing, Quarterdeck,Waxy O'Connors all within short walking distance from Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites 17th. st.

That sounds like Downtown Ft Lauderdale and Las Olas Blvd to me, so that means Riverside Hotel.

But then, how many restaurants and bars do you actually need with only a few hours in one night?

There are four hotels in the area at Griffin Road/I-95 and Ravenswood Rd/Anglers Avenue: Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn and Courtyard which are all a short walk to Rustic Inn Crabhouse, Tropical Acres Steakhouse and Islamorada Fish Company (next to Bass Pro Shop) as well as Wendy's, Dunkin' Donuts, Subway and a Mexican restaurant and Irish pub/restaurant.

Just a heads up - the bridge on Anglers towards Rustic Inn has been closed forever it seems. Cannot walk there as a result. And the 0.4 mile walk along Griffin Road towards the steakhouse seems sketchy after dark.

Just a heads up - the bridge on Anglers towards Rustic Inn has been closed forever it seems. Cannot walk there as a result. And the 0.4 mile walk along Griffin Road towards the steakhouse seems sketchy after dark.

All those hotels have shuttle vans that would be more than happy to drive them over via the detour.

There are more bar/restaurant choices along 17th Street and the hotels might be cheaper. Riverside is my recommendation for people coming here on business trips but there are less expensive alternatives. Depending on what kind of bar scene you are looking for you can Uber to Himmarshee where there are several fun bars. If you are just looking for a watering hole there are a couple of those in 17th Street also. Enjoy your trip.

Downtown Fort Lauderdale is a good place to see. The community is pedestrian friendly and has many attractions. You can simply catch a taxi to Port Everglades - it's inexpensive.

http://Fort-Lauderdale.ca/

Another good website that is devoted to Las Olas Blvd (the heart of downtown): www.lasolasboulevard.com.

We stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th street. Great hotel and get location. You can walk to a shopping center where there is A Publix, a few restaurants and other stores. You can also catch the free Sun Trolley and go to the beach. We have stayed there 3 times and will be there again in 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums