Giving Butler gratuity at the start of the cruise

lilyen311

Actually, refilling the coffee machine is the room steward's job.

I asked the room steward first - he said it was the butler who filled it and asked her to come in. I would have done it myself but it was locked and I couldn't. This was several years ago, so I'm glad it changed.

In the OS, the coffee machine is done by the Butler.

Maxi, our butler, took care of our Nespresso machine and its supplies in the Owner's Suite on the Epic Feb 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually ignorant simply means you do not know something. Such as you were ignorant as to what ignorant means. :) I has been often misused to mean stupid or rude but that is NOT what it means.

Actually, if you have a smart phone, specifically an Apple phone, ask Siri for the dictionary definition of ignorant… Discourteous and rude is one of the definitions given, as well as your definition.

Actually, if you have a smart phone, specifically an Apple phone, ask Siri for the dictionary definition of ignorant… Discourteous and rude is one of the definitions given, as well as your definition.

Well if Siri said it, it must be correct.........

I asked the room steward first - he said it was the butler who filled it and asked her to come in. I would have done it myself but it was locked and I couldn't. This was several years ago, so I'm glad it changed.

You are correct. The butler is responsible for the coffee machine.

Contrary to popular belief, especially among iSheep, just because your iPhone gives you any given answer does not mean it is accurate... Your 'quote' in your previous however post supports what I am saying. Note that it said it was an "INFORMAL" use of the word which mean exactly what I said. Some people (incorrectly) use the word to mean what you say, but that is not what the word actually means.

An INFORMAL definition does not mean it is an INCORRECT usage. It is accepted.

Informal: Denoting or characterized by idiom, vocabulary, etc. appropriate to everyday conversational language rather than its formal written language.

Each year, words or phrases are added to Websters, (including additional definitions), whose origins can be either conversational or slang.

Like I said, go to merriam-webster.com.

Ignorant - synonyms - rude is listed.

Do you know what a synonym is?

Actually, you called out dodge9, not me, earlier in this thread.

Edited by DMH15

No, Siri only provided me to a reliable link. Do you trust Webster?

What ever became of look that up in your "Funk & Wagnells" ?

And that Oxford dictionary who uses that thing with its high power magnifying glass tissue paper

thin pages and a need of a donkey cart to haul it around !

The only time I ever tipped the first day was when we had the same concierge as just a few months previously. I wanted to give him more than the last time so I did it on the first day, in the suite check in lounge. He was very professional about it, just said "thank you for my early present!"

and we had a great cruise. Otherwise, I wouldn't pre-tip.

Been that way a long, long time. Can't teach an old dog new tricks........

You can teach old Dawgs new tricks ;), but not all the old dogs who just keep yapping and yapping on and on and on and on.......... :rolleyes: