Cranberry juice availability

stevefrisco

Hey all, we're not big juice drinkers but a person in our group came down with an infection that is going to require drinking cranberry juice. Is it available all day either at bars or on the buffet? Is it available at breakfast? Can we bring it on with a valid doctor's note? We'll have two physicians in the group, so I'm sure they could explain the situation if we need to bring it on. Let this be a lesson to you kids, practice safe sex!

As long as it is in cans you can carry it on. Pretty sure you can get it at bars during the day. I'm hazy about whether it was in the machines in Lido at breakfast, but if so, you could fill a container and store in your fridge. Probably available in MDR at breakfast. EM

It is also available in the Fun shops that you can pre order and have sent to your cabin. My son is crazy about orange juice, drinks it all day so I was looking and saw they sell cans of orange juice and cranberry juice that can be delivered to your cabin. When we went I ordered an entire weeks worth of the orange juice and it was in our cabin when we got there. No lugging stuff through terminal etc and we put them in the little fridge and he had easy access to his OJ. You could do the same with the cranberry juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is also available in the Fun shops that you can pre order and have sent to your cabin. My son is crazy about orange juice, drinks it all day so I was looking and saw they sell cans of orange juice and cranberry juice that can be delivered to your cabin. When we went I ordered an entire weeks worth of the orange juice and it was in our cabin when we got there. No lugging stuff through terminal etc and we put them in the little fridge and he had easy access to his OJ. You could do the same with the cranberry juice.

I was just like your son when I was a kid....drank so much it messed up the enamel on my teeth hahaha. I'd kill to have that metabolism back!

I think we may go this route if we can. My partner was at Sam's Club this morning and said cases of cranberry juice were outrageous. I'm sure there will be a markup but probably just as easy to just order ahead and not have to worry about lugging it and potential security issues.

Thanks again for all of your replies!

No need to bring juice on board, they make cranberry capsules you can buy at any pharmacy. It has more than enough to make your friend "better". Unless there is another reason like a mixer, just buy it at the bar or get some from breakfast.

No need to bring juice on board, they make cranberry capsules you can buy at any pharmacy. It has more than enough to make your friend "better". Unless there is another reason like a mixer, just buy it at the bar or get some from breakfast.

I have never heard of these and I'm one of those whacky people who takes a lot of health supplements. I'll tell our friend to look for them. Cranberry juice has a lot of calories and she is super health conscious and fit so I'm sure she'll really appreciate this advice!

Cranberry concentrated soft gels at the drug store are far superior to the cranberry "juice" you can buy in the store or on the ships. The cranberry juice at the health food store will come in bottles, and that's a no-no, even with a doctor's note.

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Cranberry-Concentrate-Cranberries-Equivalent/dp/B01K224J9S/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495300531&sr=8-4&keywords=cranberry+concentrate+pills

I have never heard of these and I'm one of those whacky people who takes a lot of health supplements. I'll tell our friend to look for them. Cranberry juice has a lot of calories and she is super health conscious and fit so I'm sure she'll really appreciate this advice!

I have used these capsules. Just be aware to drink lots of water with the capsule, plus your mmm.. urine will turn red like blood (almost.) But they do the trick.

I have used these capsules. Just be aware to drink lots of water with the capsule, plus your mmm.. urine will turn red like blood (almost.) But they do the trick.

What brand of capsules were you using?? I have never had urine turn red from using cranberry capsules!! That doesn't sound healthy! Maybe they used dye in the capsules?

The best cranberry capsules are Ellura. They are quite expensive (you can order them on Amazon if you can't find) but they definitely do not turn your urine red! If the problem is a UTI these capsules work very well to prevent. This is the only brand my doctor recommended to use. (That's not to say there are others) but these are very good.

Just go to Wal-mart or Target and ask for cranberry capsules, any pharmacist will show you the best ones for your friend. Being a diabetic I only drink sugar free juice but found the capsules is better for you and does not raise your blood sugar.

I get these at Wal-mart:

Nature's Bounty Cranberry Fruit Herbal Supplement Softgels, 4200mg, 120 count

Price$6.345.3¢/each

.Non-GMO, No Artificial Color, No Artificial Flavor, No Artificial Sweetener, No Preservatives, No Sugar, No Starch, No Milk, No Lactose, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Fish. Sodium Free.Fruit 4200mg whit Vitamin CEquivalent per softgel**

**(from 168 mg of a 50:1 Concentrate, equivalent to 8,400 mg Fresh Cranberries)

Fyi my urologist told me that regular cranberry juice can actually fuel a UTI. The bacteria feed off the sugar. And the sugar free tastes like crap ( and I doubt that's available on the ship).

I use the capsules. Go in amazon and reAd the reviews. Find one highly concentrated.

Fyi my urologist told me that regular cranberry juice can actually fuel a UTI. The bacteria feed off the sugar. And the sugar free tastes like crap ( and I doubt that's available on the ship).

I use the capsules. Go in amazon and reAd the reviews. Find one highly concentrated.

LMFAO @ Fuel a UTI... time for a new urologist! While cranberry juice (nor the supplements) will NOT help to treat an infection... it certainly does not fuel it.