Drink limits?

Pugs&Kisses

Does Carnival have a limit per day on drinks?

Or is there a way limit the number of drink some of can buy?

We are cruising with a large group and one of the members has a problem stopping once they start. Their spouse is wanting to see what her options are to help with this issue.

I believe their S & S card can be set up with a limited dollar amount each day. that would need to be arranged at guest services. If they can handle let's say 6 drinks, set the max amount per day at $75.00.

Hopefully others will have suggestions for you.

if they order cheers they have a hard cutoff at 15. other than that, they will only cut you off if your visibly intoxicated to the point of being impaired.

so push them to get cheers . then after 15 per day , he is cut off

Does Carnival have a limit per day on drinks?

Or is there a way limit the number of drink some of can buy?

We are cruising with a large group and one of the members has a problem stopping once they start. Their spouse is wanting to see what her options are to help with this issue.

Without Cheers, there is no limit on how many alcoholic drinks a person can buy.

The only options I see are to either have the spouse who cannot stop be unable able to charge on the S&S account or have a set amount of money applied daily on his/her S&S account.

another thing to note is that if you are by any chance coming from higher altitude, you can drink about double at low altitudes. We come from Colorado and it seems like we drink like fish on cruises! lol

Thanks guys,

I will give her this infor. The cheers program will not work for them, due to some to the fact she only has one or two drinks per day (I have cruises with her many times).

Does the do the S&S limit while on board?

Thanks guys,

I will give her this infor. The cheers program will not work for them, due to some to the fact she only has one or two drinks per day (I have cruises with her many times).

Does the do the S&S limit while on board?

if he drinks 15 and she drinks 1 or 2. that adds up to 16 or 17 and 2 people will MORE than get their moneys worth. Also it includes water, milkshakes, coffee and non alcoholic beverages

if he i expected to drink that much... it will be worth it for them

If the member drinks the hard stuff, have spouse place order at bar. Have her order every drink "tall" which will at least double the mixer and therefore dilute the liquor which will be the same pour, whether straight or mixed. Make sense? And if spouse is sneaky, ask bartender for a half pour, which will reduce the alcohol poured by 1/2

If member is drinking beer, spouse's options are limited. Maybe threatening limited privileges.....?

Realistically, getting the cheers program will be the only way to limit his drinks. He's an adult, assuming he has a credit and debit card, if he wants more money on his card to drink there's no way the wife can limit that. Maybe they have another couple on the trip they are close with. Could put both husbands in one cabin on paper to get the cheers programs and the wives in the other cabin. Can then get extra keys to your correct cabin when you board.

If he agrees that he needs help limiting his drinking maybe they could set up ground rules. Like agree to not buying drinks on the ship - just drinking in port and bringing 2 bottles of wine for onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe their S & S card can be set up with a limited dollar amount each day. that would need to be arranged at guest services. If they can handle let's say 6 drinks, set the max amount per day at $75.00.

Hopefully others will have suggestions for you.

Carnivals limited dollar amount is 50.00 on the Cheers package which also has a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hr. period.

It's been reported you can "purchase " drinks before you reach 15.

You (nor his wife) can control his drinking. A person that wants alcohol will get the alcohol. The wife knows this. Just get out of the middle of the whole thing. When I was drinking it was fun to play this game -- I always won, the alcohol flowed.

Carnivals limited dollar amount is 50.00 on the Cheers package which also has a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hr. period.

It's been reported you can "purchase " drinks before you reach 15.

Cheers is pretty liberal. Can buy any drink that costs up to $50. There's only a couple of whiskeys that cost over that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your friend has a real issue, probably should be addressed differently. Plus if you put a $ limit on his card i'm sure that won't go over very well.

Now with that said, to settle a similar argument i just got off the phone with customer service. Technically all passengers are limited to 15 alcohol beverages in a 24 hour period regardless of cheers package or not. I still find this sketchy though, buckets aren't going to count as 5, plus just seems ridiculous. I guess I will try to find out.