Cozumel Beach Excursion or Find a Beach on Our Own?

ragincajun92

I'm seeing a number of beach excursions in Cozumel at various price points. Are those worth the cost or is there a beach we can just go to on our own? I'm fine either way, just want to know what the best option is.

Oh, and on the dress code front, I see "Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours." but that is confusing. Is that just in the MDR or the entire ship? I can't imagine not being able to wear shorts when just walking about?

Thanks!

When you get off the ship in Cozumel, they have many taxi drivers there ready to take you where you want to go, and there is a poster board listing the various fares to the beaches and th resorts.

Without knowing which cruise line you're on, can't answer your question about dress code. Most cruise lines abide by an evening dress code, however, especially on formal nights. Casual by day, resort casual or nicer by evening while walking around inside the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We went to Nachi Coccum in January, a short taxi ride from the pier. This is another all inclusive, you pay a daily rate (I think it was $55 pp or close to this) and you get the use of the beach and pool, loungers, palapas for some shade, as well as open bar and lunch. Food was very good, service was friendly and efficient (we did tip our waiter extra.) And, they limit the number of passes they sell, so it is uncrowded. Take a look at their website.

You might post your question and do some research on the Cozumel board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Cozumel is very safe and it is easy to go to the beach without booking thorough the cruise line - just do some homework and grab a taxi.

Most of the beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island, so the differences will be in amenities and business model. Some offer water toys and a more lively atmosphere, while others are quieter and less crowded. Some are pay-as-you-go and others offer all-inclusive (food/drinks) packages.

Tell us more about your group - couple, family, teens, toddlers, etc. - and interests and the suggestions will be closer to the mark.

Another vote for Paradise Beach. Easy to get a taxi to and from. It is not an all-inclusive which we personally like. I think it's like $3/person and then they 'request' you spend $10/person on food or drinks, but don't quote me on that.

Another vote for Mr. Sancho's Beach Club! Make a reservation on their website to ensure space for you. My friends and I went there this past February and LOVE this resort! We reserved a Cabana for two, plus 3 additional all-inclusives. We arrived early in the morning, received two cabanas a large table, upgraded to one-hour massages (the BEST ever!), went horseback riding through the mangrove and on the beach and ate/drank to our please at the swim up bar in the pool. Can't wait to go back there!

This subject has been discussed multiple times. Yet another vote for Mr. Sancho's Beach club! It is a great day! Regarding dress code on Formal or Chic nights- it typically applies to dining venues and the theatre. Also the Lounge for frequent cruises and suites-

Rent a car or a jeep. Easy driving, no stress, very scenic, one way there, one way back. Under $100. Gas station is right across from the car place. I've always used Alamo there, and the charges have been exactly what I've been quoted/billed in pesos.

We went to Nachi Coccum in January, a short taxi ride from the pier. This is another all inclusive, you pay a daily rate (I think it was $55 pp or close to this) and you get the use of the beach and pool, loungers, palapas for some shade, as well as open bar and lunch. Food was very good, service was friendly and efficient (we did tip our waiter extra.) And, they limit the number of passes they sell, so it is uncrowded. Take a look at their website.

I second Nachi Coccum. We went there a few years ago. There were maybe all of 15 people there the day we went. Loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You might post your question and do some research on the Cozumel board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Tell us more about your group - couple, family, teens, toddlers, etc. - and interests and the suggestions will be closer to the mark.

Just the wife and I, in our late 40's, no kids. Looking for something quiet but not a borefest. Sounds like plenty of options outside the cruise line offerings. Thanks!