Single person supplement.

A group of family members have booked the Oasis in January. We have one singleton who would also like to come. Does Royal ever offer deals on the single person supplement? ( I know she could share a cabin with one of the couples, but that's not going to happen).

A group of family members have booked the Oasis in January. We have one singleton who would also like to come. Does Royal ever offer deals on the single person supplement? ( I know she could share a cabin with one of the couples, but that's not going to happen).

Yes they do have reduced single supplements from time to time, but there is no pattern to those appearing, you just have to keep checking.

This document comes out every week and shows the single supplements on selected cruises, but these cruises are normally past final payment date:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

They will occasionally have some amount of reduced rate offered on some itineraries, but it is not predictable or necessarily applicable to all ships if and when offered. Your solo passenger will pay the standard rate of up to 200% of the individual rate provided for a double occupancy booking less the second taxes and port fees. And although some ships have designated solo staterooms, Oasis is not one of them.

As a solo traveler it is hard find deals I usually book the cabin I want and just keep watching sales for that category and call to get any price reductions. Sometimes you can get a better deal through some of the big box travel agents. There are some unmentionable here websites you can use to keep track of prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you're a D+. Do you have 350 or higher Nights? If so book your self in a room and your solo person with your spouse. once on board switch rooms thru guest relations. You get double points and save your solo person some $..

I see you're a D+. Do you have 350 or higher Nights? If so book your self in a room and your solo person with your spouse. once on board switch rooms thru guest relations. You get double points and save your solo person some $..

I agree.

My wife and I have both booked singles (connecting) on an upcoming cruise in Nov. We get 2 of everything and double points. Booking 2 cabins was quite a bit cheaper than a JS or above.

Right now is a particularly poor time to book as a solo. Since RCI's latest sale started (60% off of the second guest) it appears that solo's are getting nothing off. For example, on one cruise I we are presently booked on, A D3 cabin is $1231.00 per person double occupancy. To book this cabin as a solo it is $3516.00. I have no idea if RCI would make an adjustment if called but that is how it comes out on the website.

You might want to price it out as a double occupancy too and then just have the 2nd as a TBD and then a no show...you would then receive fees/taxes refunded to you...Not sure booking this way will make a difference but worth a try just to know all your options. Also on the off chance someone else decides to go with you.

Right now is a particularly poor time to book as a solo. Since RCI's latest sale started (60% off of the second guest) it appears that solo's are getting nothing off. For example, on one cruise I we are presently booked on, A D3 cabin is $1231.00 per person double occupancy. To book this cabin as a solo it is $3516.00. I have no idea if RCI would make an adjustment if called but that is how it comes out on the website.

When I booked during a "second person half off" sale, they booked my single supplement at the half-off rate. The website probably won't do it automatically, might need to call to do the booking.

In the UK we can't take advantage of price drops. We have to cancel, lose deposit and rebook.

Sometimes it's a bugger being in the U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I booked during a "second person half off" sale, they booked my single supplement at the half-off rate. The website probably won't do it automatically, might need to call to do the booking.

The website actually was doing it correctly during other second person percent off sales. As I said, they might make an adjustment if I call but I am surprised, well maybe not, that the website is not taking care of it during this sale.

I agree.

My wife and I have both booked singles (connecting) on an upcoming cruise in Nov. We get 2 of everything and double points. Booking 2 cabins was quite a bit cheaper than a JS or above.

The wife and I booked in separate rooms on the Harmony crossing late last year and we were told the D+ wine benefits are one per couple, not per stateroom. I received bottle of wine for D+, second and third bottles as we had 550 points - Wife got nothing!

Pete

The wife and I booked in separate rooms on the Harmony crossing late last year and we were told the D+ wine benefits are one per couple, not per stateroom. I received bottle of wine for D+, second and third bottles as we had 550 points - Wife got nothing!

Pete

I think they shorted you Pete. You're each supposed to get your D+ gifts if you are in separate staterooms.

I think they shorted you Pete. You're each supposed to get your D+ gifts if you are in separate staterooms.

I did think that Bob. Below is what I was quoted regarding gift selection. Copied from website:

Let us know how you prefer to be welcomed aboard. Select your preferences for special gifts you are eligible for on your upcoming cruise by completing this online form. Based on the number of completed cruise points, you may be eligible for more than one gift/amenity during your stay, please select a preference for all that applies below.

For Gift Amenities:

• One gift amenity per household. The selection by the primary person in your Crown & Anchor Society membership is considered the top gift selection.

So even though we were technically in separate rooms, it was one gift amenity per household.

Pete

I did think that Bob. Below is what I was quoted regarding gift selection. Copied from website:

Let us know how you prefer to be welcomed aboard. Select your preferences for special gifts you are eligible for on your upcoming cruise by completing this online form. Based on the number of completed cruise points, you may be eligible for more than one gift/amenity during your stay, please select a preference for all that applies below.

For Gift Amenities:

• One gift amenity per household. The selection by the primary person in your Crown & Anchor Society membership is considered the top gift selection.

So even though we were technically in separate rooms, it was one gift amenity per household.

Pete

At this point, I think it's best to "unlink" from my wife. We both have the same number of points anyhow, so it's only to our disadvantage to be linked.

At this point, I think it's best to "unlink" from my wife. We both have the same number of points anyhow, so it's only to our disadvantage to be linked.

I was also thinking of unlinking from the Wife. Same as you, we have the same points even though I have done a few solo cruises. We are not far from Pinnacle, so if we unlink we might both get a free cruise ;)

Pete

I was also thinking of unlinking from the Wife. Same as you, we have the same points even though I have done a few solo cruises. We are not far from Pinnacle, so if we unlink we might both get a free cruise ;)

Pete

Good thinking. I know another couple that unlinked before reaching PC and got two free cruises.

You might want to price it out as a double occupancy too and then just have the 2nd as a TBD and then a no show...you would then receive fees/taxes refunded to you...Not sure booking this way will make a difference but worth a try just to know all your options. Also on the off chance someone else decides to go with you.

We are trying this for our Empress cruise next year. My BIL wants to go but not sure if he can get a roommate so we booked him a regular OV cabin and added his sister to it for now. Hoping it will be cheaper for him if he goes solo!!!;) Does Empress have any of those solo cabins?:rolleyes:

Right now is a particularly poor time to book as a solo.

The 175% solo supplement that was available for most sailings on Liberty is gone. Have not seen anything below 200% on the GGG flier in several weeks.