My View: First Semi-Live From Oasis - The Cruise that almost didn't happen!

Thanks for all the details, I'm so enjoying your updates. Was just on the Eastern loop 4/30-5/7 for a "work" cruise and will be heading back in barely 2 weeks for the Western loop on 6/25 celebrating a High School graduation. Watching someone who is onboard is my favorite!!

Hi there - I'm curious if you have noticed (or able to find out) if Adventure Ocean still gives the option to leave the kids there during a meal. They used to take the kids to lunch/dinner in the windjammer if you happened to have them in there during certain hours. I've heard conflicting reports as to whether this is still an option.... I know, it's a really specific question, but if you happen to find out that would be awesome! Thanks!

Not the op, but we booked a cruise for mid 2018 last week and the RC rep I spoke with signed my kids (4 boys aged 3,6,8,11 at sailing) up for what she called "adventure time dining". She described as an expedited MDR meal with the parents where the kids orders were brought out much quicker, resulting in a normal dinner lasting 45 minutes for the kids after which the adventure ocean crew comes to the doors of the MDR and picks up the kids while the parents enjoy the rest of their dinner.

I didn't think you could sign up for the adventure time dining ahead of time. It's basically a kids club pick up at the dining room so parents can stay and linger without leaving to drop kids off.

Not sure if it shows up on the cruise planner on RC's website, but according to Ann with RC she signed my 4 up for it. She did mention that you had to do the early dinner (5:30?) in order for the kids to participate in adventure time dining, which we had already planned on doing.

Thanks for all the input on the dining options. Here is the official word on the Adventure Ocean Dailies. There are two options - drop off by 5:30 at Adventure Ocean (they eat with the staff in the Windjammer), or have them outside MDR on deck 4 by 6:40 -after they eat (they eat with you).

1fe2d1026cd5ff707fc7e98ac779bd0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Onboard with you & actually remember sitting in the Diamond area of the terminal & boarding at the same time. Hadn't checked CC until today since I didn't get wifi for the whole cruise (4 Diamond members in our extended party) but now that I've skimmed your thread I'll keep my review short when I get home since yours is so in depth. Enjoy the last couple days!

P.S. Cappuccino is definitely a top Diamond perk.

the menu you posted for the MDR was that for the 1st night. Im trying to pick a night to do chops

That was actually Wednesday's menu. I will see if I can find all the menus. I think they are on an interactive screen outside the MDR. [emoji846]

Onboard with you & actually remember sitting in the Diamond area of the terminal & boarding at the same time. Hadn't checked CC until today since I didn't get wifi for the whole cruise (4 Diamond members in our extended party) but now that I've skimmed your thread I'll keep my review short when I get home since yours is so in depth. Enjoy the last couple days!

P.S. Cappuccino is definitely a top Diamond perk.

Hi, Mike!

Definitely no need to keep your review short :)

I love reading any and all reviews I can find... you always learn something new from a different perspective.

Enjoy the last two days!

Thanks for all the bar menu pictures! Looking forward to trying some of these. We purchased the Beverage Package, which includes premium cocktails up to $12.00 and I'm noticing that the Premium cocktails are now $13.00. Have the cocktail prices recently gone up? I probably should go back and search all of the Beverage Package threads, right? LOL ;)

Hope you're having great weather!

Thanks so much for posting all the drink menus. Very helpful when deciding on beverage package. One request if possible but please don't go out of your way...could you snap a pick of specialty coffee prices? Not Starbucks as not included in pkg we are looking at [emoji17]. Thanks so very much. Your review rocks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm pretty sure I recall many reporting that the beverage package was being covered up to $13.00 now. Although, maybe this isn't fleet wide or even bartender wide?!?

It is ship dependent.

It's typically $13 on Oasis Class and $12 on everything else.

Got to talk to a seating host last night. He said it would not be a problem to accommodate 11 at one table. They do it "all the time". He said you can book a table for 10 online, and just let them know there are 11 when you show up. They will work it out. :)

Thank you so much! That's GREAT news! Glad you're having such a great time, you sure deserve it! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. I've certainly enjoyed following along.

Great review thus far. Love seeing the menus and the chocolate dessert looks scrumptious. If you have the time or go by, can you provide a picture of th esports pool. Curious about lap swimming in the mornings, how deep (flip turning?), how long (i.e. can I take some strokes or just do an open or flip turn and glide back?) ? If I can swim it'll save lots of space in luggage; won't have to pack all the gym stuff. Thank you.

Hi, crewsweeper! Unfortunately, my guess is that the sports pool is only dubbed that way due to water aerobics and volleyball games :) It actually looks a bit smaller than the main pool. It is also frequently covered early in the morning. I estimate it is about 25 feet in length.

d3e4db02a1f9f38ddae5efe40ce65901.jpg

8aee6b2631f6c870e5d445cfcaa176d0.jpg

Thanks so much for posting all the drink menus. Very helpful when deciding on beverage package. One request if possible but please don't go out of your way...could you snap a pick of specialty coffee prices? Not Starbucks as not included in pkg we are looking at [emoji17]. Thanks so very much. Your review rocks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will be no trouble to stop by the Promenade Café - love the Muffaletta and Shrimp sandwiches :) Will post the prices for their coffee later.