My View: First Semi-Live From Oasis - The Cruise that almost didn't happen!

Has it been on the menu every night or is it unique to a specific night's menu on the Western sailing? It looks delicious.

It is on the menu every night. I missed it the previous time we were in the MDR, but I will be getting it every night from now on. It is very moist and the caramel (cooked condensed milk) filling in the center is my favorite!

Awesome Boardwalk room right on the end. I know it's a common question but would love to hear your comments on how you like it and how it is with the noise. We are trying Boardwalk room on Symphony (but picked mid way so more over the carousel). The rooms look like lots of fun watching the action. Enjoying your review.

P.S. - That chocolate cake looks yummy...really moist.

We definitely love watching the action. The main reason we get a boardwalk balcony is the price for a piece of oceanview. The oceanview balconies are usually a bit outrageous on this class ship when we are able to cruise.

It is also fun to watch the shows and practice sessions from the balcony.

However, the noise is real. :o It stays pretty loud until about 11 p.m. The sound person on this cruise must have some hearing issue, because I had to cover my ear during the safety briefing. It is super loud - especially during the aqua show and the movies. I have read here that people say if you close the balcony door AND lock it, you will not hear much noise. That is not true - at least not woth this sound person. So, if people don't like noise, this is not the balcony for them. We can put up with it for the savings over an oceanview balcony :D

We are off to our pre-dinner drinks. Tomorrow is a sea day. Please feel free to ask questions - I will do my best to get answers tomorrow.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't you love being Diamond on Oasis?

That thought occurred to me too. Certainly on Oasis it seems so. When we went in Jan. the original schedule showed Late Seating at 8:30. We made all our show reservations, and no real problem. Then they changed it to 8:00 without changing the show schedule. So our 7:30-8:15 Aqua show, for example, was now in conflict. Amazing. Oh well... it's a "first world" problem.

I had the opposite problem. On my two Oasis cruises, both Eastern, we booked the Aquatheater show for the 10pm showing on the first night. Plenty of time to eat and get to the show. I did the same thing (booking) on Oasis, but when we got on the ship the show was scheduled for 9:15.

She is telling the TRUTH on much improved desserts! That cake IS yummy! And if you are a chocolate person check out the dark chocolate cookie w/ice cream! It was last night (Wednesday) 3 of our 4 ordered it, we all swooned! I thought I would want a second....could not finish it all, so rich!!! If only, I was as rich! ;)

She is telling the TRUTH on much improved desserts! That cake IS yummy! And if you are a chocolate person check out the dark chocolate cookie w/ice cream! It was last night (Wednesday) 3 of our 4 ordered it, we all swooned! I thought I would want a second....could not finish it all, so rich!!! If only, I was as rich! ;)

Thanks for that update!

Thanks. Don't put too much effort into it. I really appreciate it, but better you enjoy your cruise.

Got to talk to a seating host last night. He said it would not be a problem to accommodate 11 at one table. They do it "all the time". He said you can book a table for 10 online, and just let them know there are 11 when you show up. They will work it out. :)

Had a great breakfast in the Park Café this morning. The Foccacia egg sandwich is my new favorite.

Unfortunately, Johnny Rockets no longer has the great tasting orange juice, but it is still good and fresh. The same orange juice is available in Park Café. The breakfast sandwich at JR is now my second favorite. :)

Will post pics next week.

Don't you love being Diamond on Oasis?

I have no other diamond experience to campare it with yet, but I definitely love it, yes!!! I knew this will be extra special, since Oasis has the larger diamond lounge. Even my husband, who does not drink coffee ;) has been enjoying the latte macchiato from the machine!!! I may yet have a social coffee drinker to spend the rest of my life with. :D

Have a great time. Would love a pic of the white wines available. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have taken pictures of a few bar menus. I will take more today and post later :)

Just a quick response to the table of 11 question. We cruised in January with a group of 13, 9 adults and 4 kids ages 8-10. All reservations were linked and I made 2 dinner reservations a night with MTD for a table of 9 and table for 4, just needed to be sure an adult was linked to both reservations. We had the adults sit at one table and kids at the other right next to us. We had the same tables and servers all week. They were thrilled for a little independence from the parents and loved being able to order for themselves. They were supervised the entire time like I said, they were right next to us so I do not want anyone to think or assume we allowed them to be free and irritate the neighboring tables at all. If you think your kids could be responsible enough for this I know from experience this was one of the highlights for our kids just a little bit of "freedom".

I have no other diamond experience to campare it with yet, but I definitely love it, yes!!! I knew this will be extra special, since Oasis has the larger diamond lounge. Even my husband, who does not drink coffee ;) has been enjoying the latte macchiato from the machine!!! I may yet have a social coffee drinker to spend the rest of my life with. :D

I don't drink coffee either, but my wife did love that machine. She ends up getting some concotion that has just a little bit of coffee and a ton of other stuff. Enjoy!

You will have to schedule a cruise on a Voyager class. I may have liked that Diamond Club even more, it had a nice outdoor patio that was nice. (So far as Diamond, I've done Oasis, Adventure, and Majesty)

Great review thus far. Love seeing the menus and the chocolate dessert looks scrumptious. If you have the time or go by, can you provide a picture of th esports pool. Curious about lap swimming in the mornings, how deep (flip turning?), how long (i.e. can I take some strokes or just do an open or flip turn and glide back?) ? If I can swim it'll save lots of space in luggage; won't have to pack all the gym stuff. Thank you.

You will have to schedule a cruise on a Voyager class. I may have liked that Diamond Club even more, it had a nice outdoor patio that was nice. (So far as Diamond, I've done Oasis, Adventure, and Majesty)

Check!

We are booked in Navigator for November ABC experience. Already looking forward to that one!

Hi there - I'm curious if you have noticed (or able to find out) if Adventure Ocean still gives the option to leave the kids there during a meal. They used to take the kids to lunch/dinner in the windjammer if you happened to have them in there during certain hours. I've heard conflicting reports as to whether this is still an option.... I know, it's a really specific question, but if you happen to find out that would be awesome! Thanks!