Emerald - Cabin D733

Hi everyone. We just booked our first Princess cruise which is also going to be our first Alaskan cruise, and it'll be onboard the Emerald Princess. Super excited because it was a very minimal cost difference to go from a balcony on RCI to a mini-suite here on the Emerald.

We originally booked D620 to be closer to midship, but I saw quite a lot of threads stating that D733 and D732 are highly sought after for their balconies and to my surprise, D733 was available. I called Princess and made sure to switch as fast as I could.

The threads I found were anywhere from 2 to 8 years old so I just wanted a more recent answer - it will have a tub, correct? And has anyone had any issues with staying in the back of the ship? Admittedly I don't think we've ever been anywhere but midship so I am just wondering what to expect. To us, if there is no tub and the "ride quality" is worse, it is not worth the larger balcony and we would rather someone else enjoy it. But if the sailing is smooth, the tub is present AND the balcony is bigger...then why not. :)

Any help is much appreciated.

We originally booked D620 to be closer to midship, but I saw quite a lot of threads stating that D733 and D732 are highly sought after for their balconies and to my surprise, D733 was available. I called Princess and made sure to switch as fast as I could.

The threads I found were anywhere from 2 to 8 years old so I just wanted a more recent answer - it will have a tub, correct? And has anyone had any issues with staying in the back of the ship?

We were in D733 on the Star. Loved it!!:hearteyes:

Hawaii%20one%20021_zpsuw1nfurc.jpg

Hawaii%20one%20022_zpsd5ln4utv.jpg

The balcony is big enough your 20 of your nearest and dearest.

On the Star and several other Grand Class ships, this cabin is a handicap outfitted cabin (although, not used as a HC cabin, for some reason it didn't meet all the guidelines). Anyway, the HC versions don't have a tub. They have an enormous bathroom with a gigantic walk in shower.

If the one on the Emerald had the HC shower, it would be noted on the cabin description in RED. Something to the effect of "non-standard cabin, no tub". It's not there (I double-checked for you), so you'll have a tub/shower combo.

When we did this cruise, we were relative newbies. It was our 2nd cruise. Didn't notice any movement that was bothersome and the Hawaii trip can have some rough water.

Enjoy!!

Congrats and welcome to Princess! It will have a tub/shower. The ride will have some vibration from the props when running at speed and thrusters when docking. Most of the cruise is at low speed, of course the stern will have more motion than midship but we enjoy being rocked to sleep.

Thank you everyone for the responses! This is all good news. I also find some motions to be nice to sleep to, so as long as it's not strong enough to create any seasickness then it is OK in our book. So far it sounds like I made the right choice to grab that room.

• 8 months later...
According to Princess, this cabin does NOT have a tub. It is a shower only. Is that right?

Also, can anyone tell me if the beds were able to be put together to form a queen? Princess is saying they can't but when I had this cabin on the Crown, they were in a queen configuration.

The Princess web site does not say no shower nor does it say anything about no Queen bed configuration...

Stateroom Number: D733

Type: Mini-Suite

Category: MD

Deck: 9 (Dolphin)

Bath Type: Shower/tub

Connecting Room: N/A

Total Size: 324 sq. ft.

Special Notes:

QUAD CABIN SOFABED/1 UPPER

Yeah, this is really confusing me. It should say, "no tub". I know it has a shower, but I was told "no tub" and that the beds couldn't be made into a queen.

Thanks for your help on this. I posted my question as a separate topic because this thread is about the Emerald and I'm talking about the Caribbean Princess.

According to Princess, this cabin does NOT have a tub. It is a shower only. Is that right?

Also, can anyone tell me if the beds were able to be put together to form a queen? Princess is saying they can't but when I had this cabin on the Crown, they were in a queen configuration.

We had this cabin on the Sapphire and there is a huge walk in shower BUT the drains around the shower did run over sometimes but with lots of towels not a biggy.

We had the queen configuration BUT it is different than the regular mini-suites, not a lot of walking space but it didn't bother us probably because it was our first mini-suite and we loved the sitting area.

Yes, CB is a different topic. It has the "weirdo" cabin. I think I've seen a thread where someone managed to have them make the beds into a queen on CB but I'm too lazy to look for it. The pics make it look like it would be "difficult" at best to do so. According to the Princess deck plans Emerald has no such problem with the cabin.

What is confusing, because some believe all ships have the same configuration, when actually they don't. On the "Grand" class of Princess ships, some ships not all ships, the last 2 cabins (mini-suites) (port and starboard) on the Dolphin deck were going to be HA cabins but they didn't pass. So those cabins look similar to HA cabins. 3 of the "Grand" class ships, of which Emerald Princess is one of them, those cabins are true mini suites.......and those cabins do have a tub/shower combo in the bathroom.

Since the OP is talking about sailing on the Emerald Princess, we should tell them about the cabins on that ship and not confuse them by talking about the cabins on other ships.

Just in case you were not aware, the balcony of D733 is not covered. None of the side mini suites on the Dolphin deck are covered. They are completely visible to everyone above you.

The ME minisuites on the Emerald deck are covered.