cruise ship pier to downtown transportation in Dublin and Belfast

lmentzer

We were also on the May 25th cruise....Titanic exhibit was AMAZING.....could have spent an entire day there if our feet hadn't protested. Fascinating glimpse of Belfast during the period of ship building.

We took the hop on hop off bus in Dublin (it had rained a lot during the night but had cleared by the time we got off at Kilmainham jail around 9:30 am and remained sunny), it was 16 GBP each whereas in London it was twice the price - not willing to pay the equivalent of about $90 CDN for the 2 of us and got a tube pass for the day instead.

This was a great itinerary and would do it again in a heartbeat!

We are doing the British Isles next year and you all are getting me so excited. We've been to Dublin before so the on off bus sounds great, Belfast will be a new stop so I haven't decided yet. Can't wait.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from June 30th British Isles Cruise. Dublin and Belfast shuttles are free to the city centers. They run often. We had a blast. Perfect weather. Great itinerary. LeHarve shuttles were 16 dollars. Went by too fast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from June 30th British Isles Cruise. Dublin and Belfast shuttles are free to the city centers. They run often. We had a blast. Perfect weather. Great itinerary. LeHarve shuttles were 16 dollars. Went by too fast.

I will use the princess free shuttle on 8/8/17. I'm planning to reserve tickets for Book of Kells and Kilmanham Goal. The cruise is scheduled to arrive at Dublin port at 11:15, when can I arrive at the merrion square earliest?

Do you think I can make it for 1:30 booking for KG in which I need to arrive at 1:15 if I go buy hoho bus? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by siksut

You would be taking a chance. Lots of construction and heavy traffic on the way into Dublin on Princess Shuttle. Once you are in downtown wait is long for Hoho bus. We had to wait almost one hour to get on the Hoho and then seats were scarce. Suggest a Taxi.

You would be taking a chance. Lots of construction and heavy traffic on the way into Dublin on Princess Shuttle. Once you are in downtown wait is long for Hoho bus. We had to wait almost one hour to get on the Hoho and then seats were scarce. Suggest a Taxi.

Thanks for your prompt reply. KG is also available for booking at 1430, 1445, 1530, 1545 and 1615? Which is better? Should I do Book of kells first then? All timeslots are available now for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Anyone have info for summer 2018? Wondering what is the latest for the free shuttle back from Dublin to ship? Ship is overnighting in July. We plan to return from an excursion at 8:30 pm.

I know there is a May 1st, 2018 sailing, and possibly one before that, so I am looking forward to reading the first 2018 British Isles trip summaries soon after that!.

Under 4 months to go until we set sail on our BI cruise July 12th so I'm getting very excited now!

Anyone have info for summer 2018? Wondering what is the latest for the free shuttle back from Dublin to ship? Ship is overnighting in July. We plan to return from an excursion at 8:30 pm.

We have done 5 British Isles cruises with Princess and never known a free shuttle bus provided in Dublin it was always payable so not sure if this is correct or a recent thing bought in last year. In Belfast the shuttle bus used to be free but this became chargeable on our last British Isles cruise in 2016 due to budget restraints.

The Titanic exhibition is excellent and also atmospheric. It is very popular and cruise lines tend to run it as an excursion which are usually not very good value. Last time I visited Belfast, I took the free shuttle, (they were at that time offered free of charge courtesy of the local transport corporation), then we took a taxi to the exhibition direct. This worked out much cheaper. The key is to get there early, before the crowds arrive. It opens 9am April to September and 10am October to March. The Nomadic exhibition (Titanic Tender) opens an hour later and is a separate entity.

Regards John

I'll be on this cruise on may : would somebody tell me what was the drop-off point of Princess shuttle bus in Le Havre? Was it close to the railway station? Thanks.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

I'll be on this cruise on may : would somebody tell me what was the drop-off point of Princess shuttle bus in Le Havre? Was it close to the railway station? Thanks.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

Le Havre has a cruise shuttle bus stop which has been officially sign posted by the local authority. All cruise lines use it and it is generally serviced by articulated "Bendy-buses" run by the local bus transportation company. These buses look identical to many other local service buses. If you stand at the bus stop facing the road, behind you is a square with a giant building called "Le Volcan" on it. It looks like a giant white volcano. If you Google map this building you can orientate anywhere in the town.

Regards John

The shuttles were free last summer in Dublin and Belfast. If all you want to see is in Le Havre, it's walking distance from the pier to the town area. We enjoyed seeing a couple of churches--one modern and one traditional--and the MuMa Impressionist museum.

• 3 months later...

Not sure who is still following this but I had bookmarked it for myself for future reference. Now that I've just returned from the June 17-30 cruise, I can tell you all that the Dublin shuttle was $8 per person one way. In small print at the bottom of the Princess Patter for I think Cobh, I found that I could buy this ahead of time by dropping off a request form (from the Guest Services/Excursion area on deck 5) into the Shore Excursion 24 hour box the night before.

The Belfast shuttle was complimentary.

Le Havre shuttle was also $8 per person one way if I remember correctly (I had a tour from the port so didn't use this).

Not sure who is still following this but I had bookmarked it for myself for future reference. Now that I've just returned from the June 17-30 cruise, I can tell you all that the Dublin shuttle was $8 per person one way. In small print at the bottom of the Princess Patter for I think Cobh, I found that I could buy this ahead of time by dropping off a request form (from the Guest Services/Excursion area on deck 5) into the Shore Excursion 24 hour box the night before.

The Belfast shuttle was complimentary.

Le Havre shuttle was also $8 per person one way if I remember correctly (I had a tour from the port so didn't use this).

Thanks for the info. Very helpful

• 2 months later...