Unsold Suites?

Did you inquire about the upgrade or were you contacted? Also was this booking direct or with a TA?

Thanks!

Just wanted to re-ask this since it seems it got "missed"... can someone let me know... very curious about this.

I think it was actually the same price or a minimal $ extra if I remember right. I think the total cost for TWO for the CLS was $4,100 and it's usually around $7,000 or more. The main thing we really liked was the location on the 17th deck. We had to unpack our suitcases downstairs and run the clothes etc upstairs. If we were young people (DH is 82) with great knee's we might have enjoyed it. There were many trip hazards in that cabin, mostly associated with the stairs, as well so for the handicapped, not a good call.

Ok thanks for clarifying that up for me. I tried once to go from js to gs when prices dropped but was told not possible as the gs was priced less than my js. Told me i would have to cancell and this was about 45 days before sailing. Was not worth it because of the cancellation penalty.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

In July 2016 we were booked in a GS and the price of a CLS went down to lower than a GS about one month before sailing so we upgraded to the Oasis CLS. We did not at all enjoy the CLS and would never book that type of cabin again. Stairs were ridiculous . I should have to shlep all the luggage upstairs?? At night the lights stayed on all night so if you want a dark night, you won't get it We found the upper level was very hot so not comfortable we would never book or upgrade to the CLS. Just IMHO.
LOL VERY FUNNY..First of all no one forced you to "schlep" your luggage upstairs, secondly if you are complaining about a few stairs to climb you must be in horrible shape. Because you didn't know how or ask how to shut the lights off at night is comical. And try adjusting the air temp upstairs that might work for you.:rolleyes:

LOL VERY FUNNY..First of all no one forced you to "schlep" your luggage upstairs, secondly if you are complaining about a few stairs to climb you must be in horrible shape. Because you didn't know how or ask how to shut the lights off at night is comical. And try adjusting the air temp upstairs that might work for you.:rolleyes:

The lights go off???

Thank you so much.

After 4 CL did not figure out......

But I will look this year for the switch.

There is a dimmer switch by the cabin door.

But still I will keep them on

I guess I come in a little to drunkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk at night;p

I appreciate your post.

And yes

Love the CL suites.........................

Thanks... we have been on over 20 and have NEVER been approached for an upgrade. May need to change TA's. We even have asked them to check if any available starting 3 weeks out.

Just a note, never got a (free) upgrade.

Ours have always been (upsells) for $$$.

Safe travels.

We have gotten exactly 1 free upgrade in 25+ cruises. That was from a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis to an Oceanview Balcony in Jan 2015. We were booked through Club Royale and someone from Miami (can't remember which office) called one evening about 7 days before sailing.

Have never gotten another offer for either an upgrade or an upsell since.

So in the end, we went ahead and booked a CLS for the Oasis in mid-August instead of going the JS route and waiting/hoping for an upgrade opportunity. The price seemed to be really good for CLS and the OBC/perks too good to pass up. Hope I don't regret it... (actually I know I won't, though my wallet on the other hand... :p)

Up-selling is more profitable than you think.

They try to up-sell from the class below and this keeps going down the line until the lowest level cabins gets cheap enough for the bargain hunters. Up selling the the best cabin starts a chain that could end up involving quite a few classes. If you total all the upgrades from the chain it could be several thousand dollars. Then they can sell the lowest level for maybe a $500 discount.

By the time they are done they may end up getting almost full price for the top cabin.

Bingo!....Exactly! Well put.

If a large number of suites are available within 90 days of sailing, does Royal Caribbean typically discount the price as the sailing date approaches to try to fill them up and get revenue? Or are they content to let them go unsold and use for top-tier upgrades?

The Oasis sailing we're looking at in August seems to have an awfully large number of crown loft suites available, and I think one of the sky suites is available as well. Curious.

I'm fairly new to cruising so wondering what sites you can find the number of suites remaining on a sailing? I'd be most interested. Thanks.

The poster you replied so rudely to said her DH was 82, they were elderly and mentioned knee problems.....could you not have a tiny bit of consideration for elderly people?

The poster you replied so rudely to said her DH was 82, they were elderly and mentioned knee problems.....could you not have a tiny bit of consideration for elderly people?
Didn't see the age, now I can understand why they had issues with the stairs and other items.