CURRENT policy on bringing bottled water aboard Regal Princess

Knoxvegas

Topic has been covered quite a bit but I cannot find any recent information and there's a lot of conflicting information out there. It seems that there was a very liberal policy a few years ago but I've heard rumor that now you cannot bring water at all on the ship. Is that correct? Thank you

Topic has been covered quite a bit but I cannot find any recent information and there's a lot of conflicting information out there. It seems that there was a very liberal policy a few years ago but I've heard rumor that now you cannot bring water at all on the ship. Is that correct? Thank you

Welcome to Cruise Critic, where you will find no conflicting information or rumor whatsoever on this topic. (Curious what sources you found them at).

Princess has never restricted the boarding of bottled water or any non-alcoholic beverages at embarkation. While technically it is preferable to carry your bottles on personally (to avoid the risk of being called to the "naughty room" to have your luggage inspected to ensure the bottles are only water) no one has yet reported issues with simply slapping a luggage tag on a case and handing it to the porters, after which it is delivered directly to your cabin. Yes there are certain embarkation ports that prohibit this, but not any that Princess uses.

No where in the list of prohibited items published by Princess on their website, nor in the passage contract, is any restriction on non-alcoholic beverages found. Which differentiates Princess from lines like NCL and RCI that have such rules. Also unlike those lines, the Princess website and other publicity of theirs actually has (relatively) complete and accurate information on their policies and procedures. Rumor and conflict easily avoided.

I believe it was RCI that at one time stopped people from bringing on bottles of water since people were refilling them with alcohol and they didn't want to go through the trouble of checking everyone of them. I think it still might be in effect but cans are OK.

Princess hasn't banned any containers like that so feel free to bring what you like.;);)

I'm not a bottled water person. My wife, however, does sometimes drink flavored bottled water so we have been known to take it aboard. Other than the fact that she likes a specific brand that is flavored, if we wanted bottled water onboard I would just purchase the Princess water package. It seems reasonably priced (although I never understood paying for water in a bottle) and much easier than lugging water with you when boarding.

Personally, the very best water I have ever tasted came out of the hose when I was a kid.

Go into your cruise personalizer, click on the beverage packages, go to the bottom of the page and see that you can pre-order bottled water. It sure is easier that carrying a bunch of bottles on board. You have to do this before the cruise, can't be done once you're on the cruise. The price is great.

Bottled Water Package$6.90 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

Go into your cruise personalizer, click on the beverage packages, go to the bottom of the page and see that you can pre-order bottled water. It sure is easier that carrying a bunch of bottles on board. You have to do this before the cruise, can't be done once you're on the cruise. The price is great.

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

That is the best offer going and well worth it if you want bottled water. We buy it to take ashore on excursions. On the ship the water coming out of the taps is excellent. Just remember while on shore excursions, ice is made from their water supply. Buying a bottle of liquid and then wanting ice to cool it is not real intelligent when refusing to drink their water.

I believe it was RCI that at one time stopped people from bringing on bottles of water since people were refilling them with alcohol and they didn't want to go through the trouble of checking everyone of them. I think it still might be in effect but cans are OK.

Princess hasn't banned any containers like that so feel free to bring what you like.;);)

I'm pretty sure it was Carnival. Fortunately, they followed up by offering low priced bottled water packages at a price much lower than what they charge on Princess.

That is the best offer going and well worth it if you want bottled water. We buy it to take ashore on excursions. On the ship the water coming out of the taps is excellent. Just remember while on shore excursions, ice is made from their water supply. Buying a bottle of liquid and then wanting ice to cool it is not real intelligent when refusing to drink their water.

What satxdiver said!

At $6 for 12 bottles, it's not worth the hassle of bringing it on yourself. The key is to buy it before you board.

Why waste your money. Fill up with water at the HC!

Because Princess does not permit you to place used water bottles at the spigot for health and sanitation reasons.

Just a week ago I watched a pax walk over to the waiter side station while both waiters had stepped away. The pax took his water bottle and used the waiter's water pitcher pitcher to fill his personal bottle. He drained the one pitcher and then used the other to continue filling his bottle.

I shared what I witnessed with the head waiter, who immediately had both pitchers removed to be sanitized. Why? Because the pax had touched the spout of each pitcher to his water bottle-- exactly the part that more likely than not he had placed his mouth to take a drink.

To be clear: if the pax what sick, brought his water bottle to his mouth to transfer germs to water bottle, which is then transferred to spout of pitcher, from which water flows from pitcher across spout and into your water glass for you to drink.

This is the same reason why no one should ever eat from their plate while standing in the buffet line. The hand that was at your mouth to eat the food next will touch tongs for food, and the same tongs will be touched by the next pax with their hands which may eventually make it to their mouth.

I wish Princess would invest in installing --one per ship-- a water bottle refill station that I've seen in ATL; I'm sure they're designed with sanitation in mind. Those spigot's in HC are not intended for water bottle refill.

This is the first cruise that we bought water from Princess instead of bringing in with us. Now we will always purchase it from Princess

Because Princess does not permit you to place used water bottles at the spigot for health and sanitation reasons.

Just a week ago I watched a pax walk over to the waiter side station while both waiters had stepped away. The pax took his water bottle and used the waiter's water pitcher pitcher to fill his personal bottle. He drained the one pitcher and then used the other to continue filling his bottle.

I shared what I witnessed with the head waiter, who immediately had both pitchers removed to be sanitized. Why? Because the pax had touched the spout of each pitcher to his water bottle-- exactly the part that more likely than not he had placed his mouth to take a drink.

To be clear: if the pax what sick, brought his water bottle to his mouth to transfer germs to water bottle, which is then transferred to spout of pitcher, from which water flows from pitcher across spout and into your water glass for you to drink.

This is the same reason why no one should ever eat from their plate while standing in the buffet line. The hand that was at your mouth to eat the food next will touch tongs for food, and the same tongs will be touched by the next pax with their hands which may eventually make it to their mouth.

I wish Princess would invest in installing --one per ship-- a water bottle refill station that I've seen in ATL; I'm sure they're designed with sanitation in mind. Those spigot's in HC are not intended for water bottle refill.

While it's true that filling water bottles in the buffet area isn't condoned you can still do so using a glass to transfer the water and ice.

I do it all the time and others do it directly from the dispenser. You may have pointed out for one occurrence but it goes on all day long.

This is the first cruise that we bought water from Princess instead of bringing in with us. Now we will always purchase it from Princess

Good idea. I went to pre-order and it required a credit card. Maybe I'm a bit dense, but why can't I pay with OBC? I won't receive anything until I'm on board.

Good idea. I went to pre-order and it required a credit card. Maybe I'm a bit dense, but why can't I pay with OBC? I won't receive anything until I'm on board.

The water package is not available on board, only for purchase in advance.

The ability to pay for pre-cruise purchases with a few specific types of OBC is in its infancy on Princess, so you just have to accept what is allowed and what isn't. TA-awarded OBC cannot be used until you board for any type of purchase.

At this time they just don't offer that option.

Goes straight on your CC and they email you a receipt.

As noted above it's only available pre cruise.

We are happy with it because it's a relatively new option and they never offered any water choices pre cruise before.

It's in your cabin when you arrive.

So if we buy a case of soda to bring on board should we bubble wrap it or something to keep it in its container? I drink caffeine free come and they dont sell it on board.

We are going on a 28 day so will probably take 2 cases. Will they allow that much?

Thanks

You can tape 2 12 packs of soda together, tape a luggage tag on top and they will deliver to your room. You can do this with a case of water too. We had room in our large suitcase for the 12 pack of soda and just put it in there. We put a 6 pack of water and 2 liters of Bloody Mary mix in the other large suitcase. We bought all of this at the grocery store in Ft Lauderdale the day before we boarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This topic comes up at least twice a week - there is no need to lug cases of water aboard - bring a bottle or container and fill it from your cabin sink or the HC water dispenser - ships water is better than any water you can buy

Carnival doesn't allow bottled water either. They stopped that a couple of years ago. They've also started confiscating flower bouquets also, at least they do on the Legend, when it's sailing out of Seattle. Started that about 3-4 weeks ago, after the Alaska cruise season had already started. One cruiser was told that any flowers they brought on had to be purchased from a "certified florist", whatever that is. Sure made a lot of folks unhappy who had purchased some beautiful bouquets at Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle, that's for sure! :')

Tom

Welcome to Cruise Critic, where you will find no conflicting information or rumor whatsoever on this topic. (Curious what sources you found them at).

Princess has never restricted the boarding of bottled water or any non-alcoholic beverages at embarkation. While technically it is preferable to carry your bottles on personally (to avoid the risk of being called to the "naughty room" to have your luggage inspected to ensure the bottles are only water) no one has yet reported issues with simply slapping a luggage tag on a case and handing it to the porters, after which it is delivered directly to your cabin. Yes there are certain embarkation ports that prohibit this, but not any that Princess uses.

No where in the list of prohibited items published by Princess on their website, nor in the passage contract, is any restriction on non-alcoholic beverages found. Which differentiates Princess from lines like NCL and RCI that have such rules. Also unlike those lines, the Princess website and other publicity of theirs actually has (relatively) complete and accurate information on their policies and procedures. Rumor and conflict easily avoided.

Last year all our bottled water had been removed from our case by the time it arrived in our cabin. There were no stickers on the case and we weren't called regarding same. It had just been removed.