New Level at Captain's Club??

sbalax

It's always the little things....

I believe everyone elite and over gets a free scoop of gelato but if you ask for the cone you will be charged $4.72. This is totally inconsistent on ships

It's the silly things like this or repricing a wine 50 cents over the premium package..

If one has the beverage package and water is included why can't you just take the bottle of water in your cabin rather than going to a bar and get it? or that can of soda? Why can't your fridge be stocked with the plan that you pay for?

And of course there will be comments about affording the cruise but complaining about the cone charge or the 50 cents.... I just want a simple way for everything to be included in an upfront price with no gotcha moments like charging for what one might think is included..

And of course I want another free cruise when we hit the next level (every 3000 pts )

Thank you for framing it this way! Taking care of what some consider to be minor details can go a long way!

It's the silly things like this or repricing a wine 50 cents over the premium package..

Plus they keep raising the price of the wine onboard but don't raise the premium cap.

One of my favorite wines was free on the Century in 2014 and is now an upcharge of several $$$ per glass.

And of course I want another free cruise when we hit the next level (every 3000 pts )

It would be nice if it was a top level suite. After having to take 100 ten night cruises in a balcony cabin (to get 3000 points) one really deserves more than a 7 night Caribbean cruise in AQ.

Incentive for Zenith Lever as follow.

3000 get Aqua Cabin for 7 nights cruise

6000 get Sky Suite for 7 nights cruise.

9000 get Celebrity Suite for 7 nights cruise.

12000 get Royal Suite for 7 nights cruise.

15000 get Penthouse Suite for 7 nights cruise.

That is reasonable as i thought.

Any Guess how much does one needs to spend to get a FREE Penthouse Suite?

Plus they keep raising the price of the wine onboard but don't raise the premium cap.

One of my favorite wines was free on the Century in 2014 and is now an upcharge of several $$$ per glass.

I would venture to say that is by design. The same is true for other drinks. Jack Daniels used no longer included in the classic package as it used to be. The more popular the drink packages become, the more people will drink (generally), & the higher the individual drink price will go. It's a win, win for Celebrity.

With regard to some of the comments about the CC perks, particularly at Elite+ & Zenith levels, I am sure there are some X execs scratching their heads thinking "what the hell to these people want?" I guess it's human nature that the more you get, the more you want, or feel you're entitled to.

With regard to some of the comments about the CC perks, particularly at Elite+ & Zenith levels, I am sure there are some X execs scratching their heads thinking "what the hell to these people want?" I guess it's human nature that the more you get, the more you want, or feel you're entitled to.

The suite perks better have some added value because they involve a lot of $$$

Frequent cruisers just spend a lot of $$ over several cruises but I'm sure many of them spend more per year than many suite passengers.

The things I suggested are for convenience..... if for example an AQ passenger has a drinks package, deliver the water. If one has the non alcoholic package, make it available in the stateroom.

It should be easy, if a company had a computer system that was reliable ;p that perks could be earned by the yearly or cumulative purchases. It's like any rewards program, the more you spend the more points one should earn.

iSailor: How I wish this was true:

It would be nice if it was a top level suite. After having to take 100 ten night cruises in a balcony cabin (to get 3000 points) one really deserves more than a 7 night Caribbean cruise in AQ.

One gets more: free Premium package, free unlimited internet, free unlimited laundry and dry cleaning, access to Michaels Club... that's already a nice list of valuable perks if you ask me.

Can someone explain this Elite perk: Captain's Club coffee house?

You mean the breakfast they have from 8-10 every morning (except embarkation day and disembarkation day)?

It's basically continental breakfast and you can get espresso, lattes and cappuccinos, smoothies, bloody mary's, mimosas, Bellinis. At one time it was a buffet and you could help yourself but last time we sailed they just brought you out plates, so if I wanted one croissant they would bring us a plate of assorted pastries, etc. We liked it much better when it was a buffet. We did not attend at all on our July Summit cruise. I guess that's what they want.

One gets more: free Premium package' date=' free unlimited internet, free unlimited laundry and dry cleaning, access to Michaels Club... that's already a nice list of valuable perks if you ask me.[/quote']

Other perks as well.I most certainly appreciate them and believe that they are the best in the industry.

One gets more: free Premium package' date=' free unlimited internet, free unlimited laundry and dry cleaning, access to Michaels Club... that's already a nice list of valuable perks if you ask me.[/quote']

I think it's human nature, that what ever is offered as an incentive, no matter what it is, people always want more.

In real dollars the free premium package, free unlimited internet, free unlimited laundry and dry cleaning, access to Michaels Club probably costs Celebrity about $100 a cruise per person, it's a good investment if they get the people spending onboard on the extras

I was referring to the free cruise when reaching 6000 or 9000 points should be a suite, not just AQ. No extra benefits at double or triple Zenith.

Agree the current Zenith benefits are by far the best in the industry !!!

You mean the breakfast they have from 8-10 every morning (except embarkation day and disembarkation day)?

It's basically continental breakfast and you can get espresso, lattes and cappuccinos, smoothies, bloody mary's, mimosas, Bellinis. At one time it was a buffet and you could help yourself but last time we sailed they just brought you out plates, so if I wanted one croissant they would bring us a plate of assorted pastries, etc. We liked it much better when it was a buffet. We did not attend at all on our July Summit cruise. I guess that's what they want.

The reasons for the change are not for the reason you suggest; rather, they result from US Public Health regulations... Over the past several years, there have been quite a few posts referencing the change to the service format for the Elite [and higher] Continental Breakfast, the discontinuation of the Gala Brunch that had been staged in the Main Dining Room, and discontinuation of the table side Muesli Preparation Cart that had been used during breakfast in Blu...

This matter was recently addressed again by cruisestitch [thanks!] in the post cited below [other mentions but please look specifically at post #15]... When the changes were first adopted, I got similar explanations--not in such detail; nor did I research the matter personally--from officers and senior food service managers aboard several Celebrity ships...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2383539

Since implementation of plate service at the Continental Breakfast, I've been very successful in gaining the cooperation of the Dining Service staff to get exactly what I prefer [for instance, I'm allergic to fish but like the stuff it's otherwise plated with] in the quantity I desire simply by asking...

The reasons for the change are not for the reason you suggest; rather, they result from US Public Health regulations...

Since implementation of plate service at the Continental Breakfast, I've been very successful in gaining the cooperation of the Dining Service staff to get exactly what I prefer [for instance, I'm allergic to fish but like the stuff it's otherwise plated with] in the quantity I desire simply by asking...

When they first started the plates for breakfast on Summit we were told the same reason but when they took out Normandie and they put in Tuscan Grille on Summit they initially went back to the Buffet as part of the flooring was now tile or some other hard surface where they put the buffet table holding food.

So we were very disappointed that they were again back to plates. We did not even sit down. On our previous cruises where they had the plates all I wanted was one croissant but they would still bring an entire plate. I also really like having yogurt and on multiple mornings was told they could not get me any.

That is why this past sailing we did not even bother.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

It must depend on the number of Elite/Elite+ guests or maybe the hotel director? We were on the Equinox in February and the Summit in April and both were buffets. We also prefer the buffet. You have to order too many 'pre-arranged' plates to get the combination you prefer when there's table service instead of a buffet. Also, If you ask for a 'special' order when it's table service, it seems to take FOREVER!

12000 get Royal Suite for 7 nights cruise.

15000 get Penthouse Suite for 7 nights cruise.

That is reasonable as i thought.

I agree, it is very reasonable.

All I need to do is live to age 275!

I made up this chart a few years back to explain the points or cruises required for each level and compared it to Royal as well:

enhance

(this early in the morning I hope my math is right)

For an inside cabin "earning" 2 pts per night at about $100 pp per night, a couple could/would spend $30,000 to reach Elite, $75,000 for elite plus, $300,000 for Zenith. The former way of advancing was faster/cheaper but one can determine if spending that much cash on one company deserves a little bit of a reward.

And if one spends double that or triple that amount I think one could expect another perk or two for being that faithful to the company as they move from Elite Plus through Zen to Zenith and beyond.

I made up this chart a few years back to explain the points or cruises required for each level and compared it to Royal as well:

enhance

(this early in the morning I hope my math is right)

For an inside cabin "earning" 2 pts per night at about $100 pp per night, a couple could/would spend $30,000 to reach Elite, $75,000 for elite plus, $300,000 for Zenith. The former way of advancing was faster/cheaper but one can determine if spending that much cash on one company deserves a little bit of a reward.

And if one spends double that or triple that amount I think one could expect another perk or two for being that faithful to the company as they move from Elite Plus through Zen to Zenith and beyond.

When I sailed with Celebrity for the first time in May 2015 as a RCCL Diamond+, I only started with 150 Captain's Club points and Elite status. According to your chart, I should have begun with 175. Is this correct?

If you have never sailed with Celebrity you started at 0 points. You got a courtesy enrollment at Elite status due to your Royal status, but you still had only 0 points until after your first cruise with Celebrity. You will remain Elite until you earn 750 points on Celebrity.

If for some reason they gave you 150 Celebrity points prior to cruising on Celebrity, that was an error.