New Level at Captain's Club??

sbalax

I'm really surprised that I haven't found a thread about this.

When we were on the President's Cruise to Ireland and Iceland Lisa Lutoff-Perlo announced at the Q&A that there would be a new level at Captain's Club between Elite Plus and Zenith. She said it would debut this month but had no further details.

Had anyone else heard about this?

Frank in sunny and warm SBA:cool:

P.S. We were among those who got the 50% discount on Beverage Packages that briefly appeared due to a "Data Input Error" last week. Kudos to Celebrity for honoring it despite their mistake.:D:D

I'm probably close to ZENET but that darn H is going to cost a ton. I wonder if there is a new level will it be 2900 points??:)

Seriously it would be nice if they would offer something between. Unlimited internet, or some OBC wouldn't cost them much.

The person in charge of the Loyalty program recently moved to Royal Caribbean. Whatever they might give to a new level they would give to Zeniths. Since I don't see them adding benefits to the Zenith level my guess is that if another level would be added you might get more laundry and internet.

I am getting closer to Zenith but I sure don't need any more laundry or internet. 50% off Beverage Package would be nice. I at least hope it's something that we can use.

We are so far away from Zenith - need 2,004 points - that we won't even make it half way there. We average about 42-50 points a year on Celebrity. At that rate it would take us about 40 years. I doubt we will still be around then.

I agree no more laundry coupons. I would love extra internet minutes, 50% off drink packages and 50% off specialty restaurants.

I agree no more laundry coupons. I would love extra internet minutes, 50% off drink packages and 50% off specialty restaurants.

Zeniths currently get 25% discount on specialty restaurants.......so I'm sure there's no way this "new level" (if there really is one.......remember there's been talk of this for a long time!) would ever see a 50% off specialty restaurants.

We are Zen at 1500 points. We have moved on to the luxury and premium lines as we think X is not what it use to be. They would have to offer some nice perx`s. We will never make Zenith. If the Zen benefits were good many people would buy an extra cruise to get to the Zen level.

I am just going to be a little creative and have some fun.

If they were to add another they should give them a landyard or pin that they would wear showing that status. It should also have a count down showing how many points left to become Zenith.

You would need to wear the pin or lanyard for the additional perks that would include priority in the buffet lines and a reserved seating area there.

Reserved areas around the pool and reserved seats at the Martini Bar.

Also a priority line at the Cafe al Bacio, Guest Relations, and disembarking along with one for embarking in the ports.

When getting the to go cups from the Cafe al Bacio there should be special cups that advertises that drinker is of that status.

Another good perk would be extra drink vouchers, or being able to use them for any premium drink.

Should also have designated elevators for them.

Honestly I don't see much value of another level. With another level it would just create more division and the perks at the lower end will be slowly eliminated.

The cruise lines are a business and they have a budget. That budget is like a pie, you can cut it anyway you want but the size of the pie isn't going to change. The only thing that can change is how many pieces you want to cut it into and that determines the size of the piece.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

There is nothing new in this post that I haven't said before:

What Celebrity has been missing, and might finally be realizing is that as one gets closer to a new reward stimulates business. Many people set their goals based on new status and/or perks. This is how many apps keep you on their screens.(Just a good piece on 60 Minutes about this). This is an old, but effective tactic. I've noticed that when a passenger closing in on the Zenith level tends to cruise more. They want to reach the new level. My guess from reading posts over many years that cruising patterns change as one is closing in on any new level. More cruising means more business and profits. Zenith perks are wonderful, yet some of the highest number Zeniths have given themselves a new name "Double Zenith". This comes at 6000 points. We will soon have a triple Zenith who earned his points on Celebrity ships. These people are beginning to ask for additional perks. I agree that their loyalty should be recognized and that would serve to motivate Zeniths to try to reach another level. The points needed to go from Elite+ to Zenith serve to discourage some from even thinking about reaching a new level. Once that happens they may lose interest and gravitate to another line. making a goal appear reachable and achievable is a key factor in keeping people interested. I would urge Celebrity to consider a new level somewhere halfway, 1500 points, between Elite+ and Zenith.

T The points needed to go from Elite+ to Zenith serve to discourage some from even thinking about reaching a new level. Once that happens they may lose interest and gravitate to another line. making a goal appear reachable and achievable is a key factor in keeping people interested. I would urge Celebrity to consider a new level somewhere halfway, 1500 points, between Elite+ and Zenith.

We sailed exclusively with Celebrity for 18 straight cruises. Then they changed the way they awarded points. We were Elite Plus but were 2,130 points away from Zenith. We'll never get there, so we finally booked a cruise on a different cruise line. Maybe if there was another level that was close to being attainable we would have not strayed for 4 cruises on another line. Not sure we will even get to the 1,500 points as we are only at 996 right now.

We sailed exclusively with Celebrity for 18 straight cruises. Then they changed the way they awarded points. We were Elite Plus but were 2,130 points away from Zenith. We'll never get there, so we finally booked a cruise on a different cruise line. Maybe if there was another level that was close to being attainable we would have not strayed for 4 cruises on another line. Not sure we will even get to the 1,500 points as we are only at 996 right now.

Perfect example of what happens when the motivation is removed.

We only need 800 points to reach Zenith but even that seems a long way off. The only thing I see that they could give us would be a Classic Bev Pckg as Zenith get Premium that would be a real perk but not likely to happen. I can always dream........

Perfect example of what happens when the motivation is removed.

I tend to disagree. I didn't keep sailing Celebrity because I wanted to become Elite Plus. I didn't keep continuing to sail Celebrity because I wanted to become Zenith. I continued to sail Celebrity because I liked the product. Granted, once I became close to Zenith I was anxious to become Zenith......but I didn't keep sailing solely to become Zenith. I believe that if someone strays from Celebrity and cruises another line, it's because they are not satisfied anymore with the Celebrity product........not because "they'll never reach Zenith".

I tend to disagree. I didn't keep sailing Celebrity because I wanted to become Elite Plus. I didn't keep continuing to sail Celebrity because I wanted to become Zenith. I continued to sail Celebrity because I liked the product. Granted, once I became close to Zenith I was anxious to become Zenith......but I didn't keep sailing solely to become Zenith. I believe that if someone strays from Celebrity and cruises another line, it's because they are not satisfied anymore with the Celebrity product........not because "they'll never reach Zenith".

I agree with you, we still cruise Celebrity because we like the ship, crew, etc.& because we feel it is the best product for us. Zenith would be lovely but its not something we think about on our cruise.

Not everyone is motivated by the same motivational factors. Obviously you are not in the group that I am referring to. Although some people, not you, might say one thing that they believe to be true, but are really motivated by "hidden persuaders" (a term coined by Vance Packard) that they don't recognize. If you play computer games you'll notice that when you are successful in completing a task you receive a "rewarding message". It might say "Great job" or award you a trophy. This is all done to make you feel good. Loyalty programs are designed to produce the same effect. Buy a product and receive "Reward Points". You get an email that tells you how close you are to the next level of reward and that will motivate many to buy more and highlighting the fact that you are a smart buyer. They might even throw in a few coupons that are only for "special customers". No difference between this tactic and what cruise loyalty programs attempt to do. Are 100% of customers vulnerable to this approach? No, but they don't need 100% to be successful.

We sailed Celebrity because we loved the product back when we started in 2002. We chose to stay loyal and attain a certain level in the Captain's Club because we liked Celebrity so much. But as the years went on we have become disenchanted with a lot of the changes not only on Celebrity but the cruise industry as a whole.

We book now based on price and itinerary. We are grateful for the Elite+ Perks but also we feel they are not that much different from Elite Perks.

Personally I'd give up all my Captain's Club perks if Celebrity would go back in time and provide the great service, food and attention to detail that they did back in 2002.

Right now I am at the 2nd highest level. At my present rate of cruising in AQ for 28 days a year I don't even think about the Zenith. If they had another level at 1500 or 2000 it would take me about 5 years before I would benefit from the next level as it rewarded for the next cruise. The other would be another 10 years.

If they installi a mid level I will lose status as I would then be the 3th highest level. 🤔 As it is now when you at the 2nd highest level you still get the recognition if any of being at that status 🙄 no matter how far away from Zenith you are.

I gave up chasing status after cruising on Carnival and Princess where it really seemed important only to have the benefits constantly eliminated. After about first cruise on X we decided that it was the line that was right for us and it had nothing to do with the CC. We learned our lesson about how foolish it was.

Both Princess and Carnival really seem to make a bigger issue about staatus. Princess prints your name and status (shown by color) on a card that is displayed outside. Both Princess and Carnival have color coded cabin cards that indicate what your status is and many wear them on a landyard strutting their status. We didn't do it for that but extra perks were decent. You got a welcome about gift, extra party with drinks, free entry into a slot tournament, some priorities that did have separate lines at Guest realtions and etc on Carnival. Princess had a special lounge during the evening that had a drink of the day for sale at $4 and a nice little buffet with shrimp, cheese, vegetables and etc. Wasn't very crowded because there was a cost and the special was for only one designated drink. One day a Mojito, next day a margarita, chairman of the board, cosmo and etc.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Personally I'd give up all my Captain's Club perks if Celebrity would go back in time and provide the great service, food and attention to detail that they did back in 2002.

I totally agree with that statement. I first started sailing Celebrity the first year they were in business (1989 or 1990). They were touted as a replacement for "Home Lines". And Celebrity didn't fail to impress anyone who sailed on the Horizon/Meridian/Zenith. They were, in my mind, a truly premium cruise line. Now, sad to say, Celebrity is a mass market cruise line - catering to the masses. Times have certainly changed. But I do believe they are much better than NCL, Royal Caribbean, Princess, etc.and that's why I continue to sail with them. I believe you're on the July 7th Summit sailing, as am I. We can discuss this some night over a drink. I'm guessing we both feel the same way about the "new Celebrity" vs. the "old Celebrity" :)

We sailed Celebrity because we loved the product back when we started in 2002. We chose to stay loyal and attain a certain level in the Captain's Club because we liked Celebrity so much. But as the years went on we have become disenchanted with a lot of the changes not only on Celebrity but the cruise industry as a whole.

We book now based on price and itinerary. We are grateful for the Elite+ Perks but also we feel they are not that much different from Elite Perks.

Agree 100 % E plus is nice but a more elegant cruise experience would be better than any new perks..

Totally agree.