New Level at Captain's Club??

sbalax

When I sailed with Celebrity for the first time in May 2015 as a RCCL Diamond+, I only started with 150 Captain's Club points and Elite status. According to your chart, I should have begun with 175. Is this correct?

As cruisestitch stated above, you only get points when you've sailed the particular line. The status is reciprocal, but the point accumulations are completely separate (unfortunately, in our case). So on X, you would have started with nil points if you'd never sailed on one of their ships.

For an inside cabin "earning" 2 pts per night at about $100 pp per night, a couple could/would spend $30,000 to reach Elite, $75,000 for elite plus, $300,000 for Zenith. The former way of advancing was faster/cheaper but one can determine if spending that much cash on one company deserves a little bit of a reward.

And if one spends double that or triple that amount I think one could expect another perk or two for being that faithful to the company as they move from Elite Plus through Zen to Zenith and beyond.

Thanks for recognizing those of us stuck in Zen, halfway or so between Elite+ and Zenith, where we will probably remain forever. With no recognition from Celebrity and really no incentive to book more cruises since Zenith seems to be unattainable.

Thanks for recognizing those of us stuck in Zen, halfway or so between Elite+ and Zenith, where we will probably remain forever. With no recognition from Celebrity and really no incentive to book more cruises since Zenith seems to be unattainable.

It's not any better being 1,977 points away from Zenith. No incentive at all to book regarding gaining loyalty status. The only thing Celebrity can do is keep their product at a level high enough that we want to return just for that. Unfortunately with them turning into a class system and focusing on Aqua and Suite guests mostly, it doesn't seem they are headed in that direction.

• 9 months later...

I may be off the topic here a little a bit and forgive me if I am. But I for one, would prefer access to the Luminae Restaurant in lieu of the free 7-day cruise. Its one or the other but not both, unless one reached the 6,000 points (double Zenith). Similar to what was posted, all 150+ Zenith members will not all sail at the same time. How much of a burden will it be for the Luminae to accommodate the most 10 Zenith members? Also, Zenith members invested in a lot of money compared to current Suite passengers who may or may not be loyal Celebrity cruisers. As far as the Zen (1500) and Zen+(2,250) level, I do agree there should 2-other levels that one can strive for as one gets closer to Zenith. It appears this is an issue cuz what else can one ask for as one reaches the next level. Another post mentioned the following benefits: IMHO: For Zen: 500-min Internet, 5 Free Movies, and Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package For Zen+: 1000-min Internet, 10 free movies, and Classic Beverage Package. For Zenith: Complimentary movies, and access to Luminae Restaurant OR complimentary 7-day cruise.

If you go back to the beginning of this thread you will see

"Lisa Lutoff-Perlo announced at the Q&A that there would be a new level at Captain's Club between Elite Plus and Zenith. She said it would debut this month but had no further details."

Since then she has backed off that and in fact has said that there is no plan to add any new levels.

We can live at E plus without much more.. Only price discounts and OBC would be appreciated...esp now that triple perks for no extra charge are gone.

E plus should also get a TRUE spa discount...right now it is the same as the port pricing discount..makes no sense...not much of a special perk.

Sad we lost our daily water deliv in AQ class and now we heard they are experimenting with taking away water btls altogether and replacing with little cartons,,,ugh!

Zeniths currently get 25% discount on specialty restaurants.......so I'm sure there's no way this "new level" (if there really is one.......remember there's been talk of this for a long time!) would ever see a 50% off specialty restaurants.

We normally get a 30-50% discount at specialty restaurants by simply asking or buying the dining packages when there is a 20% off sale (this gets the cost of specialties down to 50%). So if we ever make to to Zenith getting that 25% discount would be like a price increase :).

Hank

...But I for one, would prefer access to the Luminae Restaurant in lieu of the free 7-day cruise... Another post mentioned the following benefits: IMHO: For Zen: 500-min Internet, 5 Free Movies, and Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package For Zen+: 1000-min Internet, 10 free movies, and Classic Beverage Package. For Zenith: Complimentary movies, and access to Luminae Restaurant OR complimentary 7-day cruise.

We are Elite, will be Elite+ by this time next year. Maybe we will keep on cruising at the same pace long enough to get to another level, like 1500=Zen if such a thing were to be implemented. But I can easily understand why it is difficult for Executives to bring in another level, and the quoted post above illustrates it nicely. I do not want free minutes on internet. When cruising, I don't want to be counting minutes or watching clocks, so I buy an unlimited package. A deeper discount would be attractive, but minutes would mean nothing to me. I watched a movie on TV at home twice, I watched a movie in a hotel once (well, part of a movie before falling asleep), but have never watched a movie on board a ship and can't imagine why I would want to. So one or five or fifty free movies as a perq would be meaningless to me. A bigger library (books) would be nice, but I can't see Elite+ or "Zen" having any special access to such a library. A Drinks package would be welcome of course. Spa time would be meaningless to me. Unlimited free laundry would be good so we could send a bag every two-three days rather than waiting to stuff a bag after several days.

In short, one person's must haves may well be another person's ho hum. And so whatever the Loyalty manager chooses as the set of benefits for a new level, they will likely incentivize only a small portion of the target audience.

Stan

........ A Drinks package would be welcome of course. Spa time would be meaningless to me. Unlimited free laundry would be good so we could send a bag every two-three days rather than waiting to stuff a bag after several days.

In short, one person's must haves may well be another person's ho hum. And so whatever the Loyalty manager chooses as the set of benefits for a new level, they will likely incentivize only a small portion of the target audience.

Very true, but instead they could set the additional perks up the same way they do Big, Better, Best.

Provide a menu with 6 to 8 or more perks and let the person pick 2, or pick 3, or however many they decide the particular level should have.

They could have some kind of sliding scale, such as pick one higher category perk (e.g., specialty restaurant dinners or free excursions or more internet time) and one lower category perk (e.g., extra gelato or free photo or free lower-priced excursion or bottled water in cabin).

There are many such options they can offer that would cost the cruise line very little, if anything.

They can load the selections on the person's seapass card.

At double Zenith, you get to drive the ship. ;p

No way would I ever want to wear a special pin indicating your loyalty level to get perks, as someone else previously suggested.

Hope Celebrity never does that. They gave those out on HAL cruises -- also medallions, like they give little kids at summer camp.

Neither we, nor any of the other cruise passengers we travel with, would wear such things

Oh, and they definitely should assure people that when they create a new loyalty level, nobody will lose any of the perks they already have at their current level.

Provide a menu with 6 to 8 or more perks and let the person pick 2, or pick 3, or however many they decide the particular level should have.

They could have some kind of sliding scale, such as pick one higher category perk (e.g., specialty restaurant dinners or free excursions or more internet time) and one lower category perk (e.g., extra gelato or free photo or free lower-priced excursion or bottled water in cabin).

Love this idea!

At double Zenith, you get to drive the ship. ;p

Now this is the best! [emoji2]