No Towel Animals

hollon

As well as my onboard gratuities I always leave my cabin steward 200 euros so think that is worth more than your $2 per animal. How muh do you leave

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

For towel animals? Absolutely nothing.

But I do compensate the steward with other items that amounts to much

more....plus he doesn't have to waste time with silliness.

Enjoy your animals. :D

They never have. Once in a blue moon a rogue Stewart will create one.

I hope it stays that way. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry Keith you feel that way. If you could see the smile on my granddaughter face. I know you would change your mind

Tony

I'm sorry Keith you feel that way. If you could see the smile on my granddaughter face. I know you would change your mind

Tony

That may very well be true but the time to make the towel animal took away from time to do the evening work for the other 19-21 rooms assigned to your steward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That may very well be true but the time to make the towel animal took away from time to do the evening work for the other 19-21 rooms assigned to your steward.

Your wrong there. Has your cabin ever been left dirty because the cabin steward was making towel animals. Get a life and worry about real things like terrorists or starving people not towel animals

Your wrong there. Has your cabin ever been left dirty because the cabin steward was making towel animals. Get a life and worry about real things like terrorists or starving people not towel animals

Exactly! We had a steward,Denis, on our Ruby Alaska cruise who took the time, without being asked, to make 4 towel animals for our 2 granddaughters. They loved it and we appreciated the gesture with a good extra tip at the end. Do my hubby and I want towel animals every cruise? Absolutely NOT! But for our granddaughters enjoyment it was appreciated!!!

Exactly! We had a steward,Denis, on our Ruby Alaska cruise who took the time, without being asked, to make 4 towel animals for our 2 granddaughters. They loved it and we appreciated the gesture with a good extra tip at the end. Do my hubby and I want towel animals every cruise? Absolutely NOT! But for our granddaughters enjoyment it was appreciated!!!

The stewards know a soft touch when they meet one and how to cash in for extra tips.:rolleyes:

Well, in all honesty, I agree with the other poster, I can live without the towel animals. BUT, on one of our cruises, our cabin attendant blew us away. He made a full length towel animal, with crossed legs , eye glasses, holding the TV remote, the TV was on, and a sign, "I'm watching my shows; please be quiet"! My wife and I laughed so hard. We didn't see the towel animal on the couch at first, just wondered who left the TV on.

Tony

The rowboat has GREAT towel animals; they do amazing things with seaweed and leftover bilge water

I'm 38 years old, and I love towel animals.

Also, cabin stewards have the ability to do more than one thing. If he/she takes the time to make a towel animal, it doesn't mean that the room won't be cleaned. It's not an either/or situation.

They only strive to make their guests as happy as need be.

Nothing more, nothing less.

We strive to them as little work as possible.

Who are you to say they only strive to make their guests as happy as meed be. Not everyone in this world is like you. Some are genuinly happy people who enjoy doing things to make people happy.But I supposed your a fully trained phsycolygst. You seem to know so much about everything NOT

They only strive to make their guests as happy as need be.

Nothing more, nothing less.

We strive to them as little work as possible.

I respectfully disagree. On our cruises, especially the B2B's, we try to get to know our attendants, and they genuinely seem to want their guests happy....if the guests are nice, friendly sorts at least:D

Who are you to say they only strive to make their guests as happy as meed be. Not everyone in this world is like you. Some are genuinly happy people who enjoy doing things to make people happy.But I supposed your a fully trained phsycolygst. You seem to know so much about everything NOT

They just love being away from their families for 6 to 8 months at a time making towel animals.

They just love being away from their families for 6 to 8 months at a time making towel animals.

Mayhaps they help to make up for it by interacting with nice pleasant customers...

All it does is take valuable time from the stewards normal duties to wast time making meaningless ornaments for kids & people going through their second childhood.

If you have ever gone to a show where they show you how to make these towel animals it literally takes them maybe at the most 30 seconds to make, literally. So really doesn't take from their time that much really, both personal or professional.

Pooh

If you have ever gone to a show where they show you how to make these towel animals it literally takes them maybe at the most 30 seconds to make, literally. So really doesn't take from their time that much really, both personal or professional.

Pooh

It only takes 30 seconds to clean a toilet or wipe down a sink also.

Lets see, given a choice which one would I rather have done?:confused:

Can't believe grown adults are fussing about not getting, or not getting enough towel animals. Yea they are cute but get a grip folks.

For me it isnt about getting or not gerting towel animals. Its the attitude of some people on here moaning about grtting them. Even insisting the cabin steward take them away after he has made them. Some people are just unapreciative grouches that dont realize if somebody does something for you the polite thing to do is smile and say thank you