No Towel Animals

hollon

For me it isnt about getting or not gerting towel animals. Its the attitude of some people on here moaning about grtting them. Even insisting the cabin steward take them away after he has made them. Some people are just unapreciative grouches that dont realize if somebody does something for you the polite thing to do is smile and say thank you

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yep.

Tom

It only takes 30 seconds to clean a toilet or wipe down a sink also.

Lets see, given a choice which one would I rather have done?:confused:

Well if it only takes you 30 seconds to clean your toilet I wouldnt be sitting on it when visiting you. Cleaning a toilet doesnt mean just wiping it over

This thread is funny.. I can't believe some people have such a strong opinion about towel animals that they have posted in this thread over ten times.. ROFL..

Thats what threads are for. If everyone just looked and didnt write there wouldnt be a thread

My vote for best post on this thread.

I agree!:D

I don't recall getting any towel animals on a Princess cruise, even when my girl was little (she was 5 on our first Princess cruise). Always on Carnival. But definitely not important, especially when stewards are getting more cabins as time goes by. And I certainly wouldn't hint to a steward to make one of them for us, just as we don't make special requests.

I agree!:D

I don't recall getting any towel animals on a Princess cruise' date=' even when my girl was little (she was 5 on our first Princess cruise). Always on Carnival. But definitely not important, especially when stewards are getting more cabins as time goes by. And I certainly wouldn't hint to a steward to make one of them for us, just as we don't make special requests.[/quote']

Same here. I have never hinted but always show appreciation for anything the steward does.

Thats what threads are for. If everyone just looked and didnt write there wouldnt be a thread

janj01,

I totally agree with you!! I really think the cabin steward appreciates the tip and the smile :D on the little kids faces. when he gives them a towel animal. I know my cabin steward did!!!!

Tony

I've learned how to make towel animals on the web and plan on making one for my cabin steward every day next cruise in September! [emoji41][emoji568]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cute idea!!! Leave some cash in it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't believe grown adults are fussing about not getting, or not getting enough towel animals. Yea they are cute but get a grip folks.
We just took our first Royal Caribbean cruise and, having never experienced towel animals, thought they were a little spooky.

One or two were cute, but then there was the first one that was supposed to be a swan, but looked like a snake...:eek:

• 1 month later...
We just took our first Royal Caribbean cruise and, having never experienced towel animals, thought they were a little spooky.

One or two were cute, but then there was the first one that was supposed to be a swan, but looked like a snake...:eek:

NCL Jade [emoji3] 5b810b32f18c6d52338469ab0866800e.jpg

Come on people....this is your vacation...a time for the unexpected and frivolous! I love the fact the the cabin Stewart does this for us...trying to make our day special. I actually miss the OLE days, when my nightgown was placed so pretty on the bed!!

In January, on the Royal...we had a couple animals, and we laughed every night when we saw them.

Royal Caribbean is the line where the stewards do the towel animals on a pretty regular basis. They do hanging monkeys, manta rays, dogs, swans, etc. and will use your sun glasses etc. if available. In fact, they even have "events" where they show you how to make all the animals yourself.

Just put that extra few percent of smiles on your face when you enter your stateroom after coming back from dinner/shows. Don't need them, but as I said, put a little smile on your face!

Pooh

Carnival does them too on almost every cruise and everyday on the cruises we have taken with out younger adult children....they think Princess is basically like a rest home and will not sail with us on Princess....I believe that Carnival room stewards also have an assistant....it has been our experience that Princess people would rather WASTE STAFF TIME by complaining about everything under the sun......not enough butter, laundry back late, not enough trivia sheets in the library, not being able to make reservations ATD, being able to make reservations for ATD, the way people dress on formal nights.....etc.....the list goes on and on....:rolleyes:

Come on people....this is your vacation...a time for the unexpected and frivolous! I love the fact the the cabin Stewart does this for us...trying to make our day special. I actually miss the OLE days, when my nightgown was placed so pretty on the bed!!

In January, on the Royal...we had a couple animals, and we laughed every night when we saw them.

I traveled on Homes Lines in the 1970's. They would lay my nightgown out on the bed at night time. We would hid our night gowns just to see if he would find it. And yes, he all ways found it.

I'm going on my first Princess cruise next year, and the pickiness and attitude of some people is very discouraging. I go on a cruise to enjoy myself, not hearing bitching about something so petty as a towel animal.

Totally agree!! You're my kind of cruiser!!

I traveled on Homes Lines in the 1970's. They would lay my nightgown out on the bed at night time. We would hid our night gowns just to see if he would find it. And yes, he all ways found it.

oh yes, I did too! Now it's become politically incorrect for them to do that....so I enjoy the towel animals instead! 😀😀

As we will never be able to sail in a suite I guess we will never have towel animals. I think we'll manage to suffer through anyway. We are still pretty amazed that we can cruise at all and suites are definitely out of the question!
We saved a long time to be able to afford a cruise, and this upcoming one is our first cruise. Then, I read that there are no top sheets on the beds -- only blankets or comforters, I guess? - and that while embarking, it is necessary to located the room steward ( where would I even look for him? ) and ask him to please put a top sheet on the bed.

Then, someone else said to look for the room steward and ask him to clean out the refrigerator. :confused: I guess it is loaded with expensive snack items like those mini-bars in hotel rooms, where a bag of chocolate chip cookies costs $12.00 ??

So, right now, "towel animals" ( is that like balloon animals that the waiters make for kids in restaurants??) are kind of far down on my list of items to request.......:confused:

We saved a long time to be able to afford a cruise, and this upcoming one is our first cruise. Then, I read that there are no top sheets on the beds -- only blankets or comforters, I guess? - and that while embarking, it is necessary to located the room steward ( where would I even look for him? ) and ask him to please put a top sheet on the bed.

Then, someone else said to look for the room steward and ask him to clean out the refrigerator. :confused: I guess it is loaded with expensive snack items like those mini-bars in hotel rooms, where a bag of chocolate chip cookies costs $12.00 ??

So, right now, "towel animals" ( is that like balloon animals that the waiters make for kids in restaurants??) are kind of far down on my list of items to request.......:confused:

On the day you board, you will meet with your cabin Steward most likely after muster drill, or even before. In 17 Princess cruises, we have always met our cabin steward on the first day. At that initial meeting you would request your top sheet, bathrobes, extra glasses or towels, or whatever you desire. We always have a set list of things, two extra glasses in the bathroom, robes, top sheet, get rid of feather pillows substitute with foam

As far as the fridge, we've only ever had an empty fridge which holds nothing but an ice bucket until we reached Elite status, where they do fill our fridge with goodies, but they are complimentary. Otherwise you will have an empty fridge with ice bucket.

Don't stress over your first cruise. Just go and ENJOY!

Heck, in the olden days, nobody had a cruise board to go to to even learn about anything, hence, nothing to worry about.

Just go a relax. You will get a million different opinions on CC.

Everyone has different preferences.

:confused:P.S. I just found it - -- this happens on Carnival w/ the college kids and teens. There's a You Tube video where the room steward makes towel animals. It's like doing origami with cotton terry cloth.

I heard that on Princess, room stewards are each assigned 20 cabins to take care of and maintain. That's a lot of cabins, and a lot of personal requests from those guests.

I suppose that room stewards on Carnival do not have as many cabins to take care of; therefore they have time for towel animals.

I heard about that back in the day, but that would kind of creep me out now, to be honest. [emoji79]

Lingerie is so personal. The thought of someone going through my stuff..... ewwww!

On the day you board, you will meet with your cabin Steward most likely after muster drill, or even before. In 17 Princess cruises, we have always met our cabin steward on the first day. At that initial meeting you would request your top sheet, bathrobes, extra glasses or towels, or whatever you desire. We always have a set list of things, two extra glasses in the bathroom, robes, top sheet, get rid of feather pillows substitute with foam

As far as the fridge, we've only ever had an empty fridge which holds nothing but an ice bucket until we reached Elite status, where they do fill our fridge with goodies, but they are complimentary. Otherwise you will have an empty fridge with ice bucket.

Don't stress over your first cruise. Just go and ENJOY!

Heck, in the olden days, nobody had a cruise board to go to to even learn about anything, hence, nothing to worry about.

Just go a relax. You will get a million different opinions on CC.

Everyone has different preferences.

Thank you for the valuable help !!:D Greatly appreciated ! As newbies, we need all the help we can get. :)

:confused:P.S. I just found it - -- this happens on Carnival w/ the college kids and teens. There's a You Tube video where the room steward makes towel animals. It's like doing origami with cotton terry cloth.

I heard that on Princess, room stewards are each assigned 20 cabins to take care of and maintain. That's a lot of cabins, and a lot of personal requests from those guests.

I suppose that room stewards on Carnival do not have as many cabins to take care of; therefore they have time for towel animals.

They have 24 cabins to take care of on Carnival now. on Carnival they no longer make up your room twice a day automatically, either, to compensate for the recent increase of cabins.