No Towel Animals

hollon

OK...maybe we are the minority...but really don't care if we get towel animals. When we do, which by the way is every cruise, we tell them to recycle it in another room and that we do not want them to take their valuable time doing this for us...we would rather they go in town earlier and enjoy time off. Only our opinion.

We agree :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK...maybe we are the minority...but really don't care if we get towel animals. When we do, which by the way is every cruise, we tell them to recycle it in another room and that we do not want them to take their valuable time doing this for us...we would rather they go in town earlier and enjoy time off. Only our opinion.

Thats not how it works though. They dont get to go into town earlier if they dontvmake towel animals. Most dont get to go ashore at all. Everyone needs to lighten up and stop acting like crotcherty old people. If someone gave you a gift that you didnt particularly like surely you would smile and pretend to like it. Well do the same here. The cabin stewards seem genuinly happy if they are praised for their towel animals. It also probably also gives them a few minuits to stop racing around cleaning toilets etc to do something pleasant. And maybe NCL stewards do have more time on their hands. Maybe NCL treat their staff better than other cruiselines. We love NCL and wouldnt cruise with anyone else. Just go withe the flow and enjoy your holiday and stop doing the Scrooge ba humbig. This post isnt just aimed at you but all the other whingers in previous posts complaining about getting towel animals

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thats not how it works though. They dont get to go into town earlier if they dontvmake towel animals. Most dont get to go ashore at all. Everyone needs to lighten up and stop acting like crotcherty old people. If someone gave you a gift that you didnt particularly like surely you would smile and pretend to like it. Well do the same here. The cabin stewards seem genuinly happy if they are praised for their towel animals. It also probably also gives them a few minuits to stop racing around cleaning toilets etc to do something pleasant. And maybe NCL stewards do have more time on their hands. Maybe NCL treat their staff better than other cruiselines. We love NCL and wouldnt cruise with anyone else. Just go withe the flow and enjoy your holiday and stop doing the Scrooge ba humbig. This post isnt just aimed at you but all the other whingers in previous posts complaining about getting towel animals

I asked my room steward and butler at each port stop if they were getting off and only one stop they said they may be able to. I brought back a little gift from the town for each of them and our concierge. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If I were with grandkids on a Disney or young family oriented cruise ship, I'm sure I would think towel animals were a cute gesture for them. Other than that, it wouldn't be my style to cruise on ships where towel animals were a routine part of a room steward's responsibilities.

What has towel animals got to do with anyones style. Its just a fun gesture. Weather I get them or not isnt going to ruin my holiday but yes I do smile when I walk into my cabin at night and see a new one. Lighten up and just apprecuate that another person has gone to the effort to make this for you. Maybe some of the people on this threaad need to come holiday in Australia so you can learn how to laugh and smile and be happy. We are good at that 😊

I asked my room steward and butler at each port stop if they were getting off and only one stop they said they may be able to. I brought back a little gift from the town for each of them and our concierge. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Now your my kind of person. Thats a lovely thing to do. 👍👍👍

I am somewhere between little kid and somewhat older folk, have sailed on Princess a lot at least once a year for quite a few years. My rough recollection is more of my cruises had towel animals than not (and they were in regular balcony cabins, not suites). On the most recent one in April 2017 on Majestic Princess, no towel animals. I am guessing, mostly based on evidence of many other cost cutting measures I have seen on Princess cruises the last couple of years (reduced number of soups and pasta choices in dining room menu, repeated food in lunch buffet for two to three days before changing, fewer production shows per week of cruise, no piazza specific entertainment brought on board, no dining room opened for lunch), that cabin stewards may have to clean more cabins per steward than before and that they may not have time to do towel animals anymore.

.... cabin stewards may have to clean more cabins per steward than before and that they may not have time to do towel animals anymore.

In over 20 years of cruising on Princess, we have never had a towel animal in our cabin. It is not a matter of not having time to do them, it is that it is not a Princess feature although some cabin stewards do know how to make them and might do so now and then.

Just FYI

YouTube has videos on making towel animals. Just search for "How to Make Towel Animals" and you'll find plenty.

YouTube always amazes me.

Enjoy!

Although we have not had towel animals on Princess, we have been on several Princess cruises where they had a class on how to make towel animals.

I actually like towel animals. Usually never get any. However, I did ask the room steward if he did towel animals. Next day we had a towel animal in our room. He was tipped extra in cash for each towel animal.

Many Princess stewards do not do towel animals. However, if you want them, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Towel animals aren't really part of the Princess experience. However we did get a very simple stingray one day when we were both suffering from a nasty flu we'd caught onboard. It really cheered us up and was much appreciated. We rewarded our cabin steward appropriately at the end of the cruise as well as thanking him at the time.

The stewards may seem happy when you mention the towel animals but I think you're mistaken as to what really makes them happy when not cleaning.

And it's not folding towels for the passengers. ;p

The stewards may seem happy when you mention the towel animals but I think you're mistaken as to what really makes them happy when not cleaning.

And it's not folding towels for the passengers. ;p

It is part of their work schedule. They have designated work hours. If they didnt make towel animals they wouldnt get to finish their work shift earlier. Its what their job requires so just enjoy it and thank them for doing it and act thrilled even if your not. Just as easy to smile rather than frown and complain aboutt it

Royal Caribbean is the line where the stewards do the towel animals on a pretty regular basis. They do hanging monkeys, manta rays, dogs, swans, etc. and will use your sun glasses etc. if available. In fact, they even have "events" where they show you how to make all the animals yourself.

Just put that extra few percent of smiles on your face when you enter your stateroom after coming back from dinner/shows. Don't need them, but as I said, put a little smile on your face!

Pooh

Royal Caribbean is the line where the stewards do the towel animals on a pretty regular basis. They do hanging monkeys, manta rays, dogs, swans, etc. and will use your sun glasses etc. if available. In fact, they even have "events" where they show you how to make all the animals yourself.

Just put that extra few percent of smiles on your face when you enter your stateroom after coming back from dinner/shows. Don't need them, but as I said, put a little smile on your face!

Pooh

Well said. My thoughts exactly 😊

It is part of their work schedule. They have designated work hours. If they didnt make towel animals they wouldnt get to finish their work shift earlier. Its what their job requires so just enjoy it and thank them for doing it and act thrilled even if your not. Just as easy to smile rather than frown and complain aboutt it

It's a good thing that everyone doesn't require those animals, otherwise they'd have to hire additional help just to fold them. ;p

I couldn't have said it better. Thank you. On Celebrity our room steward made a towel animal for us. Did we ask for it? No. Did we appreciate it? Absolutely. It was an unexpected surprise and something that I consider above and beyond service. Just for the record our toilet, shower, and sink weren't neglected.

It's a good thing that everyone doesn't require those animals, otherwise they'd have to hire additional help just to fold them. ;p

Thats a stupid statement. Passengers dont put in requests for towel animals. Its something that the stewards just do. I have never asked for one but every night there is a differant little surprise

Since this is being posted on the PRINCESS Forum, just wondering if Princess cruisers even want Animal Towels????? :confused:

Why wouldnt they. They dont bite or scratch and dont have flees............. the animals not the cruisers ☺☺☺☺☺

Thats a stupid statement. Passengers dont put in requests for towel animals. Its something that the stewards just do. I have never asked for one but every night there is a differant little surprise

All it does is take valuable time from the stewards normal duties to wast time making meaningless ornaments for kids & people going through their second childhood.

All it does is take valuable time from the stewards normal duties to wast time making meaningless ornaments for kids & people going through their second childhood.

I have never noticed any of my cabin cleaning being missed because of stewards making towel animals. Maybe we shouldny have napkins in the dining rooms either because somebody could be doing other stuff instead of spending time folding them and as far as people going through their second childhood maybe you should try it. Its more fun than being a grumpy moaner

They should start charging $2 per each animal. Maybe they could sell punch cards at a discount for all the people who can't live without them. :D:D

As well as my onboard gratuities I always leave my cabin steward 200 euros so think that is worth more than your $2 per animal. How muh do you leave

I hate to disagree with you but you should have seen the smile :D on my granddaughter's face when she seen the meaningless Swan the cabin steward made for her. It was almost as big as the smile he had on his face when I gave him the $10. tip.

Tony

I hate to disagree with you but you should have seen the smile :D on my granddaughter's face when she seen the meaningless Swan the cabin steward made for her. It was almost as big as the smile he had on his face when I gave him the $10. tip.

Tony

Well done. Nice to see there are nice people out there☺