No Towel Animals

hollon

We last cruised to Alaska in 2009. Not only did we have towel animals every day, but one day I walked across the hall into my kids' cabin to find our cabin steward teaching them how to make towel animals! They had about a dozen of them. So they do (or did) do them at certain times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess I'm one of those old people. Just did the 15 day cruise to Hawaii on the Grand. I asked our cabin steward Raymond if they did towel animals and he said not usually, but when we got back to the cabin the next night, there was an adorable hip rabbit, crossed legs, wearing my sun glasses. Necessary? No, but made me smile every time I looked at him and very much appreciated[emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have taken many Princess cruises since 2004 We have never had a towel animal in our cabin.

Never missed them, thought it was just something Princess stewards did not do.

However,we do appreciate the chocolates left ever night on the pillows !

I went to Alaska on the Star and I noticed we never got towel animals on our beds, does Princess not do towel animals anymore ?

Seems like w ships being more and more short staffed, the stewards have more important things to do with their limited time per cabin.

DON

When we sailed on CB with our children who were 13 and 16 at the time, they had their own room and the steward made them towel animals twice during the cruise.

d9a993449b36bcebec5b59ddfa69608c.jpg

59a6f23118c694ea8dcd35afe7756923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Iamcruzin

Holland America, the steward will make towel animals every night.

Why? Seems like a waste of time when most people couldn't care less if they get them or not. I would prefer them to take that time to slow down a bit and not overwork themselves. I certainly don't need them to rush the cleaning of my cabin just so they can have the time to make towel animals that I don't care about.

Here is my zoo from Norwegian Pearl to Alaska last month. I'm going to go with being young at heart. Lol7c5e6d7bbadff433b5354041d3fc4d7d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Evidently the stewards are not overworked on NCL. Looks like they've got plenty of time on their hands.

Evidently the stewards are not overworked on NCL. Looks like they've got plenty of time on their hands.

Since they apparently have so much extra time, maybe they should be tipping the passengers instead of the other way around. :evilsmile:

Here is my zoo from Norwegian Pearl to Alaska last month. I'm going to go with being young at heart. Lol7c5e6d7bbadff433b5354041d3fc4d7d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yep NCL still do it and we love it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yep NCL still do it and we love it

Considering that NCL markets themselves as family-friendly with a strong focus on kids activities (water slides, splash zones, etc.), it is not surprising that they also do towel animals. Princess, however, does not market themselves that way. So, it is not surprising that they DON'T do towel animals.

If towel animals are important, then pick an appropriate cruise line. Otherwise, it is what it is.

My wife asked me one time about the towel animals. Do they make them? I said I'm not sure. So I put a picture on the bed that night of me and wrote under the picture Party Animal :D She just threw it in the trash and said ha-ha very funny. :D :D

Tony

We'd never had them until our cruise last December. Our room steward made one one night, we said we liked it so we had about 4-5 by the end of the cruise. He did offer to let us take one home as a souvenir, but we didn't need a Princess washcloth, although I suppose I could have put it with the United Napkins we got when a few time flight attendants have given us bottles of wine to take home.

If I were with grandkids on a Disney or young family oriented cruise ship, I'm sure I would think towel animals were a cute gesture for them. Other than that, it wouldn't be my style to cruise on ships where towel animals were a routine part of a room steward's responsibilities.

OK...maybe we are the minority...but really don't care if we get towel animals. When we do, which by the way is every cruise, we tell them to recycle it in another room and that we do not want them to take their valuable time doing this for us...we would rather they go in town earlier and enjoy time off. Only our opinion.