Live From The Grand Princess

BigTimeCruiser

Unless BTC booked about the same time I did, I'm pretty sure I was in E728. I canceled it in February.

BTC, if you're in that cabin again next week, take care of it for me. I was supposed to be in there tomorrow. :(

That's really interesting. We booked this stateroom on December 16, 2004. I will take real good care of it for the next 2 weeks!!!!:)

That's really interesting. We booked this stateroom on December 16, 2004. I will take real good care of it for the next 2 weeks!!!!:)

I must've had 729 then. I canceled in February and went in April instead.

Not that it matters, I still won't be there next week. Enjoy your next 2 weeks, I love reading your updates. :)

BigTimeCruiser, hard to believe this first week's cruise is winding up. Did they ever show the Wizard of Oz? If they did, do you know what date/time?

As far as I know, they did not show the Wizard of Oz during this week. Yep--sure hard to believe the first week is almost done. We pull into Galveston early in the morning. Plan to walk around in the renovated old downtown port area for awhile.

We just got the strangest news! For our cruise in 2 weeks (the day BTC gets off the ship), we have to check in at the Hotel Galvez. Seems there are going to be 4 ships in port that day, plus the Sensation that is there for the hurricane relief, and the port is going to be too busy to check-in there.

We have to take a taxi over to the Hotel Galvez and then another taxi over to the port! Very weird. I wonder if it will really speed anything up at all?

BTC, have you seen where the Sensation is docked? Is it anywhere near where the Grand is?

BTC, have you seen where the Sensation is docked? Is it anywhere near where the Grand is?

Sorry to hear that things will be busy around the port. We didn't see but two ships when we embarked. One was the Grand and the other was a Royal Caribbean. Of course we had some really heavy rain. Don't have any idea where they have docked the Sensation. :confused:

Calypso Pool and Hot Tubs

The Calypso Pool and both hot tubs around that pool have been closed for two days. Each has a net over it and the pool is empty of water. Signs at each of the entrances say, "Sorry, pool closed due to weather conditions." The weather is clear and bright sun shine. The Neptune Pool and hot tubs remain open. Guess weather hasn't yet affected that pool!!!! :( :(

Water/Fluid Leaks---Horizon Court

Throughout the cruise, the Horizon Court beverage stations on the port side have been plagued with leaks. The floor and carpeting is wet most of the time. They utilized fans to attempt to dry the tiled floor and the carpeting. But, repairs do not appear to have been successful. One of the beverage stations as you enter the Horizon Court from the Calypso Pool area, now has liquid stains in the carpeting and smells. Be extremely careful when walking in these areas. It is slick, slick, slick. :( :( :(

Lady Jag,

I just looked at cruise cal and it said that both the Ecstasy and Sensation will be in for those days! That means 5 ships!!! UGH!

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/default.aspx

Carnival Cruise Lines Sensation Galveston - Hurricane Relief 12/17/2005

Carnival Cruise Lines Ecstasy Galveston, Texas 12/17/2005 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Celebrity Cruises Galaxy Galveston, Texas 12/17/2005 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Ship Port

Princess Cruises Grand Princess Galveston, Texas 12/17/2005 7:00 AM

Carnival Cruise Lines Elation Galveston, Texas 12/17/2005 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

WOW! UGH! Well maybe the Ecstasy will be on another port somewhere! Thanks for the info! How did you find this out?

Thanks so much!

(Is the Ecstasy going to be back that day?)

The Ecstasy IS in New Orleans for hurricane relief until further notice and the Elation is doing her cruise runs out of Galveston.

Cruisecal is WRONG!!!!

GREAT! Thanks for that good news! I didn't even think about that. I guess 3 ships are better than 4! Still, it's going to be a mess, but a little less of one I guess! Thanks again!

Hope I didn't come across as a know-is-all it's just that I live in the area and I keep up with all the cruise ship happening in Galveston.

BTC,

We will be on the Grand 2/11 sailing. We have been to Cozumel several times and if there will be that many problems with going ashore, then we just might stay on board. However, we were going to go to a pharmacy that is in town to buy some things that one would need a prescription for here in USA. Do you recall seeing any pharmacy in Costa Maya?

Jim

BTC,

We will be on the Grand 2/11 sailing. We have been to Cozumel several times and if there will be that many problems with going ashore, then we just might stay on board. However, we were going to go to a pharmacy that is in town to buy some things that one would need a prescription for here in USA. Do you recall seeing any pharmacy in Costa Maya?

Jim

Yes there is a pharmacy at the pier in Costa Maya. My wife was shopping for Retin-a. Previously in Cozumel she paid $13. However, in Costa Maya that wanted $30. We didn't go into the city where things might have been less expense.

Thanks for all your posting BTC. We are taking Princess this year for the first time on the 2/18 sailing. We have their largest suite booked, but I want to change it to the next level down, many of which are available. We can be in either 748 or 749 on Baja deck, or C401, etc. on Caribe. They are both considered suites, but appear to have different layouts and balconies. If you, or anyone else, knows what we should choose, please advise. We have had various suites on Celebrity and NCL, and don't know what these can compare to because they don't give sq ft for cabin separately from balcony, and give a large range of sq ft. The price of these is a big saving over what we have booked, so I am fighting DH on this. Thanks to all who can let me know.

Archived