Live From The Grand Princess

BigTimeCruiser

What time did the ship get into port? We are on the Grand with you next week and I'm wondering how well they are sticking to the itineray.

We arrived at our anchorage at 6:30am. Disembarkation began approximately 7:00am. Since we didn't want to be in line too long, we had a leisurely breakfast and then went down to Deck 4 to tender.:)

Would you check at the bar to see if I will be able to buy a bottle of Wild Turkey once I get on the ship? That's what my brother-in-law prefers. I don't mind buying it onboard and won't bother to take a bottle with me if I can buy him a bottle for his room once we're on the Grand. Wild Turkey is not listed on the Princess webpage for pre-order. Thanks.

The shop onboard does not carry Wild Turkey. You can buy Wild Turkey by the drink at the bar.

Hi Big Time Cruiser small question: we are doing this cruise in 3 weeks. Could you please list in order the menu title(Sailaway, Captains, etc) each day? We are trying to pick our Sabitini night. Your posts have been wonderful:) .Thanks in advance.

Menu Titles By Night:)

Saturday---Sailaway Dinner

Sunday---Welcome Dinner

Monday---Caribbean Dinner

Tuesday---Italian Night

Wednesday---Chef's Dinner

Thursday---Gala Dinner

Friday---Farewell Dinner

Bigtime Cruiser,

My husband and I will be sailing with you on the 12/10 cruise. Last week you said the Island Party was on Wed.; seems like this would change with Wed. now being formal night. Please let us know what night it is this week and also which night is the 50's sock hop (if they still do it).

Where was the Fine Art Store in Belize ? Our photo is on our profile so you can put faces to our names.

Daphne and Mike

Island Night is tonight (Tuesday). Sorry, can't recall when the sock hop is. Will have to look into that one. The Fine Art Store is in the pier area. You walk toward the end of the pier but don't go through the yellow and green arch way. Instead you will turn right toward the Wet Lizard. The Fine Art Store is just past the Wet Lizard on the left and is the last store before exiting the pier at Front Street.:)

.Do you think that these people can find a 3 bedroom in a sub-division for $300,000 or will they have to go higher? That was the agreed upon price on this house, but the appraisal was for $333,000. Just wondering. Thanks if you can help me out on this.

Sure it might be possible to find a home in this price range; but it depends on the location; schools; square footage...all the things that you already know. If it is retirement community they desire, then prices may be even higher. The price is probably the low end for a 3 bedroom. The better option is to look in Las Vegas.

Today the Grand Princess in at Grand Cayman. There are 5 other ships here today (3 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, the Star Princess and the Grand Princess). Tendering looks like it is progressing better than last week. They changed the way for tendering. Instead of having people wait in line, they gave out tender tickets with numbers, then called them by number. This allowed those waiting to go anywhere in the ship until they heard their range of numbers called. Only the ship's tenders are being used. :)

Thank you so much for all the info & answers for everyone. What I really want to know is if you are having a good time. What are you enjoying or not enjoying? I'm so envious that you & your mate have the opportunity to adventure together. You must be truly blessed!

Cheers

Thanks Kurt, both for your reply on Henderson, and your opinions on what's happening on the Grand. My clients actually decided to stick with the house they original found in Henderson, which is a foreclosure, so they are getting a great deal. Its on Peach Tree, if you know where that is.

This is our first Princess cruise. We like Celebrity, but they did not have good itineraries in the Caribbean this winter. I guess its easy to say that you love cruising. Its great that you can afford to do so much of it. I am a little wary of trying a new line, especially with all the problems with Cozumel now. That is actually one of my favorite ports. In Costa Maya, do you have time to go to the ruins? Last time we were there, we waited for our friends to get off then could not take the tours they offer from the dock area. Maybe we'll have to book an excursion from the ship.

Maybe by February things will work more smoothly. Thanks so much for all your posts.

They changed the way for tendering. Instead of having people wait in line, they gave out tender tickets with numbers, then called them by number. This allowed those waiting to go anywhere in the ship until they heard their range of numbers called. Only the ship's tenders are being used. :)

Last year at this time on the GrandP, we tendered on our own at Grand Cayman (since all water sports were canceled due to weather)...we were given tickets w/ numbers or colors and we wandered the ship until our number was called. That seems strange that they had you guys waiting in a line (on your 1st week)...glad to hear they went back to the ticket method.

Maybe by February things will work more smoothly. Thanks so much for all your posts.

Yes...people did go to the ruins from Costa Maya. It's an all day affair.

We used to sail on Celebrity all the time, but switched back to Princess this year. Mainly because of more itineraries with Princess; more ships with Princess; and what I think is much better crew attitudes.:)

Thank you so much for all the info & answers for everyone. What I really want to know is if you are having a good time. What are you enjoying or not enjoying? I'm so envious that you & your mate have the opportunity to adventure together. You must be truly blessed!

Cheers

We are having a wonderful time. Cruising is our only hobby and we really enjoy it. Will continue as long as our health allows us to sail.:)

We are having a wonderful time. Cruising is our only hobby and we really enjoy it. Will continue as long as our health allows us to sail.:)

Wow! I thought we cruised just to get away from the dog!! I never thought of this as a hobby. My gardening hobby is a lot less expensive thing to do.

Thanks for the observations on the tendering situation. I was worried that I might not ever get off.

Jim

:o I thought all-you-all (Texas plural) were the contract bridge instructors / or the art autioneers!:o You must always get the Captain Circle awards for the most days?:eek:

Wow! I thought we cruised just to get away from the dog!! I never thought of this as a hobby. My gardening hobby is a lot less expensive thing to do.

Jim

Get away from the DOG!!! OMG!!!:eek: The horror of it:eek: I can't wait to get back TO my spoiled canines after a cruise. Although it IS nice to have the bed to myself and not have to share with 4 snorin' pooches:D (they take up about 90% of the bed surface area at any given time).

One more thing Curt, what type of cabin were you in? I know you mentioned nicer crew on Princess than Celebrity. We are in a suite on the Grand, and on Celebrity they have butler service in suites, which they also have on NCL. Was wondering about whether Princess has that. I was happy to hear that Princess had priority tender tickets for those in suites. We will have to try getting tickets for our friends as well. My husband usually manages to befriend whoever gives those things out anyway, so will probably get that to happen.

Princess used to have butlers. Frankly, the one we had was the pits. I was so disappointed with him! Another female butler from Scotland ended up taking over our butler's duties and she was wonderful. Even though it's nice to have them, I've found with Princess, they don't make that much difference. The cabin stewards do everything you need to be done anyway. :)

Archived