Usell offer - Zuiderdam July 4 Baltic cruise

doubleduty

We got an upsell offer yesterday to go from an SS to a Neptune suite for an additional $1300 (total for both of us). We did not take it but would have loved to have a Neptune suite for the first time ever. But, alas, the cost was way too high, even for a 12 day cruise.

Yes, I agree with above. Do decide now though what price you'd be willing to pay if/when you get another offer. If it is in the ballpark jump on it quickly.

One of our Alaska cruises we got offered an upsell for a reasonable price but passed. A few days later we had a lower one so jumped on it! So be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Upsell from an SS to NS isn't much of a difference if you are 4* and above. We're on that sailing in an SS and wouldn't take that offer...means nothing to us, and some of the NS aren't as nice as the SS are! (Friends were "upgraded" due to problems with their SS to a NS which was definitely not an upgrade.)

We got an upsell offer yesterday to go from an SS to a Neptune suite for an additional $1300 (total for both of us). We did not take it but would have loved to have a Neptune suite for the first time ever. But, alas, the cost was way too high, even for a 12 day cruise.

Seems a bit high to me. I usually use a rule of thumb where the upsell price is about 1/3rd of the current price difference of the two categories. Of course, this can vary a bit.