Don't accept the telephone representative's first answer

Peachypooh

So I recently booked a cruise in the Haven and included the beverage package. However I guess it didn't really sink in that unlike in the past now I would have to pay the gratuities. I don't drink and my husband drinks only one cocktail a day so we wouldn't even drink enough to equal the gratuities. So I decided to drop the beverage package. When I called them a few days later and asked if I could just keep everything the same but get rid of the beverage package she said NO that I have to take all 4 because they are included. I said I think that is when you didn't need to pay gratuities. She insisted but then I asked her to double check before I hung up (thinking I would call back). Lo and behold she said "Oh yeah...I can delete the beverage package!!!" So just passing this on. If you know something is true politely keep asking them to check or call back.

If your in the Haven you get all the packages. And you do not have to pay the 18% gratuities. That's one of the perks for being in the Haven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No longer true. Everyone pays the 18%.

If your in the Haven you get all the packages. And you do not have to pay the 18% gratuities. That's one of the perks for being in the Haven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that goes to show that you shouldn't accept the first answer you get here either.

I guess that goes to show that you shouldn't accept the first answer you get here either.

Exactly.

Things change fast. We drink plenty, but having the pay the gratuities might have been a deal breaker. No saying it is not right... just thinking.

Being in a Haven Suite Garden gives all the promos complimentary and with recent changes gratuities are now extra ?

BUT check the date of your booking you may be grandfathered in and the gratuities excluded !

NCL always doing crowd pleasing things to bring the loyal customers back for more excessive over-reaching expenses !

Let see if the lemmings will leap off the cliff for this one !

There is no grandfathered in.....

You booked your cruise with Suite or Haven before June 6th, then the promo gratuities were inclusive.

After June 6, there are now gratuities added to ALL promos regardless of cabin booked. You have the option to choose which you would like to include. We have a cruise booked for next year, (Haven) and all promos and gratuities were included. Just booked Suite yesterday and choose only 3 of 4 promos. UBP not worth is to us as my husband does not drink . Paid the gratuities on UDP.

Many of us were hoping this would only be a "trial" run but, NCL reps have confirmed this is now policy going forward.

YES, getting VERY fed up with constant reduction in perks for loyal NCL customers.

There is no grandfathered in.....

You booked your cruise with Suite or Haven before June 6th, then the promo gratuities were inclusive.

After June 6, there are now gratuities added to ALL promos regardless of cabin booked. You have the option to choose which you would like to include. We have a cruise booked for next year, (Haven) and all promos and gratuities were included. Just booked Suite yesterday and choose only 3 of 4 promos. UBP not worth is to us as my husband does not drink . Paid the gratuities on UDP.

Many of us were hoping this would only be a "trial" run but, NCL reps have confirmed this is now policy going forward.

YES, getting VERY fed up with constant reduction in perks for loyal NCL customers.

Bless your heart for actually thinking NCL would remove or reduce a fee (for your convenience) once implemented. You are truly an optimistic person!

Bless your heart for actually thinking NCL would remove or reduce a fee (for your convenience) once implemented. You are truly an optimistic person!

Believe it or not some changes have been reversed due to negative response. Agree with you though, since they are not fees.

Granted some were under Sheehan.

1. The no takeout from the buffet.

2. The discontinued bar set up.

3. The horrendous experiment on the jade that all suites would have haven access. It was crammed.

However, I do agree, I don't see this being reversed. And I only wonder what's next.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a seven-day cruise, the 18% gratuity for the beverage package is what - about $95? At even $12/drink (and many specialty drinks are $15) and just one drink a day, the drink charge plus gratuity comes in at about $99. It's hard to see the value in turning down the package unless you drink less than that.

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

No, that changed a coupe weeks ago. You now have to pay the gratuities in the Haven.

Not everywhere! In Europe we have strong consumer rights and if you say something is free it has to be just that - free. Some of the changes for different world locations are not always advantageous, like the tighter controls on cancellations we have, but this one is certainly better here. The grats are free for all who are eligible for the various booking perks, not just Haven.