Sip and Sail has already started (Monday night)

Coral

Was your category sold out? My TA told me that she had several that wouldn't re-fare as the category was sold out and she had to call Princess and get a Supervisor to authorize it. Maybe this was your situation and they just switched your categories to something that wasn't sold out as opposed to calling Princess. Purely guessing.

My TA had to do the same thing on 3 of our bookings.

Thanks again Coral for your help earlier. :)

I was wondering if the limit was just for alcohol. I can go through 5 water bottles on a hot day on deck and at least 2 cups of coffee at breakfast.

In looking at the terms it states there is a daily alcohol limit but nothing about coffee or water. I don't think there is a limit on those.

Called Princess today. The rep put me on hold to confer with another department. The terms are 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period. I can't even imagine drinking 15 drinks in 24 hours.

Hummm. . . .the website also states "unlimited cocktails". Maybe they only put a limit on the free AIBP. However, I'm not going to test it. If I had 15 cocktails, I'd be in bed for a week.

ALL-INCLUSIVE BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Our All-Inclusive Beverage Package is a great value! Enjoy unlimited cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, specialty coffee, smoothies, sodas and more for just $57.45 per day^. There are also non-alcoholic and coffee packages as well. View packages & details

I'm confused why some May, 2018 cruises are included in S&S but not others.

We have a 5/9/18 cruise booked on the Emerald that doesn't appear to be eligible for the promo. But the 5/20/18 one is. Anyone know why??

Checking those cruises the 5/9 is only a 4-day cruise & the 5/20 cruises is 7-days. Reading the offer's details it appears to only be valid on cruises of 6 days or longer.

In looking at the terms it states there is a daily alcohol limit but nothing about coffee or water. I don't think there is a limit on those.

It's "A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply" so there's no limit on non-alcoholic drinks.

Was your category sold out? My TA told me that she had several that wouldn't re-fare as the category was sold out and she had to call Princess and get a Supervisor to authorize it. Maybe this was your situation and they just switched your categories to something that wasn't sold out as opposed to calling Princess. Purely guessing.

Coral

That's a good thought, could be the case. When we booked there weren't that many cabins available (for the full 27 days, lots available for the BI part), so maybe they did it this way so we could keep the same cabin.

Thanks, even if it's a guess!

ML

Hummm. . . .the website also states "unlimited cocktails". Maybe they only put a limit on the free AIBP. However, I'm not going to test it. If I had 15 cocktails, I'd be in bed for a week.

ALL-INCLUSIVE BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Our All-Inclusive Beverage Package is a great value! Enjoy unlimited cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, specialty coffee, smoothies, sodas and more for just $57.45 per day^. There are also non-alcoholic and coffee packages as well. View packages & details

I am posting in a thread about the AIBP special promo going on now and provided the terms for that. If there are different terms for those who purchase the AIBP that is great. Just not what this thread was about. :)

It's "A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply" so there's no limit on non-alcoholic drinks.

Agreed. I guess I chose the wrong wording. What I was trying to helpfully impart was that there is a 15 drink limit on alcohol but no limit on other beverages. :):)

Agreed. I guess I chose the wrong wording. What I was trying to helpfully impart was that there is a 15 drink limit on alcohol but no limit on other beverages. :):)

Just decided to add the statement from the T&C that confirmed your information. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

My TA booked us an April 2018 Ruby Alaskan cruise and was able to get the promo for us.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Someone had a spreadsheet as to what cruises it applies to. It wasn't posted until after the promo began. Glad you were able to get it applied to your cruise!

You are correct. April 2018 is not included.

My Sydney - Fiji cruise in April 2018 did qualify for S+S on the Princess site, but did not appear on my TA site. They were able to call Princess and have it added to our new booking

I have a 7 day cruise booked WITH S&S mid April 2018.

I have another cruise booked at the end of April 2018, 16 days, but the S&S is NOT offered. This cruise is a segment of a longer cruise which starts earlier in April.

It makes no sense to me!

I have a 7 day cruise booked WITH S&S mid April 2018.

I have another cruise booked at the end of April 2018, 16 days, but the S&S is NOT offered. This cruise is a segment of a longer cruise which starts earlier in April.

It makes no sense to me!

Not every cruise is included in the promotion. Are any of the segments or the longer cruise showing the promotion?

I am posting in a thread about the AIBP special promo going on now and provided the terms for that. If there are different terms for those who purchase the AIBP that is great. Just not what this thread was about. :)

Sigh. . . .

Not every cruise is included in the promotion. Are any of the segments or the longer cruise showing the promotion?

All segments look excluded. If you booked the entire cruise, it begins earlier than mine and earlier than the one I did get the promotion on.:confused:

I was reading the terms and conditions on the S&S and it says there may be a daily limit on drinks. Does anyone know what this limit is or if they are enforcing it?

The T&C state there's a limit on alcoholic beverages but not on other drinks.

Those who have contacted Princess have posted being told it's 12-15 alcoholic beverages per day in an effort to reduce sharing drinks. I think that 12-15 alcoholic drink limit would basically be unlimited for most Princess passengers. ;p

We have cruise booked for June 6, 2018 and I contacted our TA today and she got it redone including the beverage package. Not a bad deal, for Princess either since I don't drink but it includes coffee, soda and water and I think I saw smoothies. What the heck it was free.

We are going to cancel and rebook our 2019 Royal cruise since it would be the same price with sip and sail!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't have to cancel and re-book. My travel agent added the promotion (except the on-board credit) to my existing reservation.

Judy