Sip and Sail has already started (Monday night)

Coral

Okay, all set! Was concerned our April 2018 Med cruise wasn't included in Sip n Sail. Very helpful Princess rep converted our reservation and we're good to go! Happy to see there was no increase in fare. Now, what other cruises can I reserve?

I tried several times but the rwb sale kept coming up for the Jan cruise I wanted. I was able to book a 2018 cruise - the price came up after I added our names.

Just got up and tried it again. No luck. Guess I will just wait until the office pens.

Thanks for helping

This sale is for Summer 2018 through Spring 2019. A January 2018 cruise will not be included. I booked my January 2018 cruise under Sip & Sail last year.

We're booked Jan 14, 2018, Western, 7 days, mini-suite price $1197. Same cruise on January 19, 2019, Royal instead of Regal, same cabin, with Sip & Sail, $1,649. Where's the savings? Seems like they are just adding most of the drink package to the cabin price.

I rebooked six cruises under Sip & Sail. The price did not change on any of them.

That's good news. We have the last WS booked in May 2018, and was concerned if we had to cancel & rebook, someone might grab it during the few minutes before the Princess Agent could rebook it. The price is the same, so will call them later to see about getting it added.

You might lose the cabin. Don't rebook unless you're willing to take the risk.

I did not cancel the booking. However, I changed the booking to a balcony cabin (with Sip & Sail) - releasing the window suite. I then changed it back to the available window suite - now available with Sip & Sail. I did this on the phone directly with Princess. There is no guarantee that the window suite will be available, since someone else could have booked it before you rebooked it. I was lucky - I was able to rebook two cruises with window suites without losing either one. You may not be as lucky.

I was willing to gamble losing the window suite, because I am flexible in my plans. If I had not been able to get the window suite back, then I would have cancelled that cruise and booked another. If you are not flexible, then you may need to consider whether or not you want to take the risk. There is no guarantee that the window suite will still be available when you try to change the booking back.

I had booked a B2B2B in March/April of 2019 under the $1 deposit. Just called Princess and they added the Sip and Sail with no additional deposit; kept the same cabin (C752 on the Grand). Very happy customer!! :D

I saw a posting about a 12 drink per day limit.....may have meant only on alcoholic drinks?

Thanks! 12 is way more than what I need. :)

I had booked a B2B2B in March/April of 2019 under the $1 deposit. Just called Princess and they added the Sip and Sail with no additional deposit; kept the same cabin (C752 on the Grand). Very happy customer!! :D

We booked our May 2019 cruise under the $1 deposit. Hoping to get mine switched over to the Sip & Sail as well. Heck, I was even prepared to pay the $200 deposit. :D

I saw a posting about a 12 drink per day limit.....may have meant only on alcoholic drinks?

Princess website states that daily limits will apply on alcoholic beverages. I asked my vacation planner who asked her supervisor. They said that there is not a specific number limit. The limit means that if a bartender thinks you are too inebriated, he can refuse to serve you. I am fine with that.

Thanks! 12 is way more than what I need. :)

We booked our May 2019 cruise under the $1 deposit. Hoping to get mine switched over to the Sip & Sail as well. Heck, I was even prepared to pay the $200 deposit. :D

I was ready as well, but it wasn't an issue; Love Princess!! :D

Same for me, no additional deposit beyond the $1, no $25 pp room rate increase (as showing with new booking) and in same cabin on Mex. Riv. Dec '18.

We were on the fence about this cruise because I could book the same route on Carnival for $800 less between our balcony and the kids' inside...but now I am so excited! Just need my college son's exam schedule to work out!

Why would you do that? The crew have nothing to do with this. :(

Well if half the ship pays less than we have and get either gratuities or Sip and Sail included, I will not be paying gratuities to make it a more even playing field.

Princess have to learn with the internet people are aware of what others are paying and what promos are offered to North Americans and should allow people doing the same voyage the same promos.

Presides I was told by Princess office in Australia not to pay them as they do not pay them when they sail. Wish I had known this years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well if half the ship pays less than we have and get either gratuities or Sip and Sail included, I will not be paying gratuities to make it a more even playing field.

I still don't understand why it's okay to stiff the crew - who have nothing to do with ship promotions and who depend on those tips - no matter the rationale you use.

Anyway, off topic. Enjoy your cruise.

Princess have to learn with the internet people are aware of what others are paying and what promos are offered to North Americans and should allow people doing the same voyage the same promos.

Presides I was told by Princess office in Australia not to pay them as they do not pay them when they sail. Wish I had known this years ago.

Please let the crew who is serving know up front why you are withholding your gratuities. At least this way they know it's not anything they did and they can focus their special attention on those who will reward them financially.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Princess website states that daily limits will apply on alcoholic beverages. I asked my vacation planner who asked her supervisor. They said that there is not a specific number limit. The limit means that if a bartender thinks you are too inebriated, he can refuse to serve you. I am fine with that.

That vacation planner and supervisor did not know what they were talking about.

Bartenders are not supposed to serve you additional drinks if you are intoxicated. It doesn't matter whether you have the AIBP or you are paying by the drink. This has nothing to do with any limit on the AIBP.

Gratuity is optional and can be adjusted at guest services. Many people reduce them (and many brag they increase them YEAH right!) but don't report it on these boards because the cheer leaders will eat you up. Remember that cruise critic represents a very tiny weenie percent of cruisers.

I was under the impression that Australian cruisers are not even charged daily auto gratuity.

Not fair that this is not offered throughout the world on the same voyages. My 2018 B2B cruise most Americans booked under sip &Sail last year or no gratuities. But alas we where not given the chance so for 1 I will be removing the gratuities when I embark as if the Americans are not paying nor am I.

Also since we have 6 sea days in a row I hope there are not too many overly drunk people or will be complaining about responsible service of Alcohol.

Why would you want to impact the crew that is making your cruise amazing because you don't like the policy of Princess?

You will only be hurting the crew members. Your anger is misplaced.

Edited by tonit964
spelling error

Booked! Pricing same as yesterday.

I just added the Sip and Sail to our Western Caribbean cruise that I have booked directly with Princess. The price went up by $2.00. Kind of funny but it's done and we are excited. I have a Spring 2019 that I will have my Ta check to see if adding this will increase our price

I just added the Sip and Sail to our Western Caribbean cruise that I have booked directly with Princess. The price went up by $2.00. Kind of funny but it's done and we are excited. I have a Spring 2019 that I will have my Ta check to see if adding this will increase our price

I am sure that was an easy decision to make ($2 cheaper vs Sip and Sail Promo)!

Thank you so much for your post! I called Princess and they were able to do the same thing with my booking. :D