"LIVE" from Anthem of the Seas - Canada / NE - June 26, 2017

Hello everyone. . .Good Morning. The weather is pleasant today and I will be driving North soon up to Elizabeth, NJ for my Pre Cruise Hotel. Anthem of the Seas is heading back now from Bermuda on her way to Cape Liberty Cruise Port in beautiful Bayonne.

I need to make sure that all of my batteries are charged, and I must remember to take all of my GoPro Hero5 accessories with me.(I forgot a couple of key accessories when I sailed Oasis of the Seas in Jan 2017)

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and I will be posting again from my hotel later this evening.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Good Morning Radio, and FOR (Friends Of Radio)

This has been a long time waiting for another one of your fabulous review threads. Like you, I too, will be travelling to the north as the back half of my September Grandeur cruise. Although DW and I were there two years ago I can't wait to get back.

I'm looking forward to your insights on this trip.

As is my usual: I wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas ! !

I'm looking forward to your review of my favorite ship! We've sailed 17 nights on her so far--12 nights in January (Southern Caribbean) and 5 nights in May (Bermuda). We'll be doing the 9 night New England/Canada route as part of a back-to-back with a five night Bermuda in May, and I can't wait to be back on board!

Beth

Following Radio! I just booked my first cruise on Anthem last night! Also, a 5 night sailing but to Bermuda on October 7th!

This is the only class of ships I've never stepped foot on, I'm very excited to follow this live blog!

Hello everyone. . . I have arrived at my Pre Cruise Hotel. The traffic coming up was pretty bad. I-95 was very bad through Maryland and Delaware. It got better once I was on the NJ Turnpike.

I arrived around 6:30 PM and went over to iHop for a quick bite. I should be up tomorrow at Radio Dark30. The front desk has suggested that fresh coffee will be available at 4AM. There are a lot of Flight Crew that stays at these hotels who may need to get to work early.

The forecast for tomorrow is very nice (Sunny and warm 80F with mostly clear skies) It should be a very nice day for sail away on Anthem of the Seas. I will see everyone tomorrow for the best day of any Cruise. . .Cruise Day !

Radio

;);)

I'm looking forward to your review of my favorite ship! We've sailed 17 nights on her so far--12 nights in January (Southern Caribbean) and 5 nights in May (Bermuda). We'll be doing the 9 night New England/Canada route as part of a back-to-back with a five night Bermuda in May, and I can't wait to be back on board!

Beth

We'll be sailing as well in late January for a 12 niter to the Carib. Hopefully the weather will be warmer & dryer than the one on the Quantum a few years ago.

Hello everyone. . . I have arrived at my Pre Cruise Hotel. The traffic coming up was pretty bad. I-95 was very bad through Maryland and Delaware. It got better once I was on the NJ Turnpike.

I arrived around 6:30 PM and went over to iHop for a quick bite. I should be up tomorrow at Radio Dark30. The front desk has suggested that fresh coffee will be available at 4AM. There are a lot of Flight Crew that stays at these hotels who may need to get to work early.

The forecast for tomorrow is very nice (Sunny and warm 80F with mostly clear skies) It should be a very nice day for sail away on Anthem of the Seas. I will see everyone tomorrow for the best day of any Cruise. . .Cruise Day !

Radio

;);)

It's always better in Jersey. LOL

If you go to Peggy's Cove in Halifax would love to see photos from your fantastic camera.

Hello everyone . . . Welcome to DAY 1 of “LIVE” from Anthem of the Seas.

Last night after dinner was very relaxing, and I was able to watch some news shortly after my last post. I booked this Cruise about 6 months ago, and Cruising Day is here . . .

I am planning to arrive at Cape Liberty by around 10:30AM. My Boarding time has been scheduled at 11:30AM,

but I will check in sooner if allowed. The hotel is very close. I am at the Marriott Residence Inn (Near Jersey Gardens Mall). It should take about 20 min to get to the pier. The Hotel was very nice as Marriott has recently upgraded the hotel Lobby and Rooms.

The Breakfast here was very nice. The Coffee was ok, but Marriott Courtyard (next store) had some very delightful Starbucks coffee.

The weather outside is very nice. It is currently 68F but should warm up to 80F. There will be some clouds but sail away should be pleasant.

OK . . . I have my Set Sail Pass, my Luggage tags . . . I need to start packing.

My next post will be onboard the beautiful Anthem of the Seas before muster. Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

;)

Marriott Residence Inn (Elizabeth, NJ)

M8.jpg

Breakfast Area

M5.jpg

The Forecast for today

M7.jpg

My Set Sail Pass

P14.jpg

Luggage Tags are ready

TAG1.jpg

I'll be on board with my mom. I live in Michigan and she lives in Atlanta and Florida.

So, I have to ask... your name on here is "radio" -- my husband was in Newhouse at Syracuse, worked in radio and TV, and now has a PR Firm. But a lot of his friends use "radio" as a term to say "hello" to each other. So it got me thinking... are you in the field (or just like the radio)?

Anyway, look forward to seeing your perspective on the cruise. I've never taken one out of NJ and haven't been on quantum class. Most of my royal cruises have been on oasis class, a few on Adventure of the Seas, and was on Jewel of the Seas in April. Plus some on Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cant wait to join you on this sailling, we'll be getting to the port as soon as my husband finishes packing, haha. They should let you check in early. Someone I know works there and said that happens all the time.

I am really looking forward to this itinerary. I'll be following your review and pictures while trying to craft my own. :)

We have a gorgeous day for sailing. Welcome to Bayonne!

Is this for the same or similar cruise? If so I'd go with Anthem in a second.

4 nights less but no flights from Quebec. Never been on a Q class yet, so this looks like a good chance to try it