I loved the views from the Inn

W30.jpg

I had a great lunch at Geddy’s

W26.jpg

I ‘m heading back down the Tender dock

W33.jpg

The ride back to Anthem of the Seas seemed much faster

W35.jpg

We made it back “Home”for 3 more nights. . .

W36.jpg

LOL - we are almost shadowing each other's dining. I was in Chops last night and am currently sitting in Solarium Bistro awaiting my salmon.

Sounds like you luckily missed the rain. Did you see the rainbow from the ship? Around 6pm, was also very fortunate to see an eagle fly past (no photo ☹️). What a site to end a great Bar Harbor stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious if you can share the tender experience at Bar Harbor. We have early morning RC shore excursion plans and I'm just wondering how they work it all out for those with excursion tickets.

If you have early RC excursions you do not have to get a tender ticket: your excursion tickets will get you into the early morning meeting place, from which you will depart.

If you need tender tickets: our experience: tender tickets given out at 7am in 270 lounge. Lined up at 6:45am, and there was already a line. Got tender ticket #7 after waiting until about 7:30am.

They called numbers 1-3 to board at around 7:40am?. About 15 minutes later, called 4. About 10 minutes later, called 5-7. We were waiting on deck 3 (tenders on deck 2) so we went right to deck 2 and got on the next tender.

We were on our way to the dock at 8:10am and got there about 8:20am or so. The ride back was on a larger tender and was faster, like 5 minutes.

Hello everyone. . . . Welcome to the start of “LIVE”from Anthem of the Seas. I will be heading up for a Pre Cruise Stay on Sunday,as my hotel will be just a short drive from Cape Liberty Cruise Port (Bayonne,NJ)

Anthem of the Seas leaves on Monday for a 5 Night Canada / NE Cruise that will take me to Bar Harbor, Maine and Halifax, Nova Scotia. It has been a few months since my last sailing (Oasis of the Seas – Jan 2017) and I am very happy to be sailing Anthem of the Seas for the first time. I toured Anthem last summer, but there is noway to get the “feel” of the ship in just a few hours.

I sailed Quantum of the Seas twice in 2015 so I am aware of where things are and how to get there, but it make take a little while to get my “Sea Legs”. I would really like to sail for a 7 or 9 night Cruise to Canada, but my vacation plans worked out for this sailing in June.

I will be posting “LIVE” daily with photos and comments about the public areas, cabins,as well as my two ports this sailing (Bar Harbor, ME and Halifax, NS) There will be many CruiseCritic Members on my sailing as well. . . Anthem of the Seas appears to be Sold Out and I am sure that there will be over 4500 pax on board.

It has been a long winter in Maryland with a lot of cold weather and I am hoping for a relaxing cruise.(With a valid wireless connection, Keep your fingers crossed).

Have a cup of Coffee, relax and welcome aboard! I like that my Hotel will have some “We Proudly Serve” Starbucks in the lobby. I will post again tomorrow from my Pre Cruise Hotel.

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

Anthem of the Seas

P1.jpg

©2017 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd

Anthem of the Seas

P2.jpg

Yes, the Sea is Calling . . .

P4.jpg

My Itinerary for this sailing

MAP2.jpg

Welcome Aboard

P10.jpg

have a wonderful trip how do so i follow you live at sea will you be on yoi tube

I have a question about the tendering process. My wife is wheelchair bound. It looks like she would be able to board the tender with out too much difficulty. But the ramp at Bar Harbor looks very steep from the pictures. In your opinion, would I be able to push a large woman up that ramp? Or would the staff from the tender be able or willing to help. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a question about the tendering process. My wife is wheelchair bound. It looks like she would be able to board the tender with out too much difficulty. But the ramp at Bar Harbor looks very steep from the pictures. In your opinion, would I be able to push a large woman up that ramp? Or would the staff from the tender be able or willing to help. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hmm, I would imagine so as there were several wheel chairs and scooters on my tender. I didn't notice how they were directed to the ramp though.

Radio

[emoji6] [emoji6]

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

We have about and hour to go to get to the Pier. . . We will be with Holland America Maasdam.

Radio

[emoji6] [emoji6] 32ebcc78e478cb1ca847871d7c9aadc3.jpg

Hello everyone, and Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Anthemof the Seas.

Today we are approaching Halifax, Nova Scotia and should betied up to Pier 21 by 10AM. We had to move our clocks forward last night to beon ships time. All passengers should be able to go ashore by about 10:30AM.

My plans today include renting a car and driving over toPeggy’s Cove. I am also planning on going to the Citadel and the MaritimeMuseum. I am sure a stop to Tim Horton’s will be possible as well.

I am hoping there will be enough time to do some shopping atPier 21 where our ship will be docked.

Here are a few photos from this morning.Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

The sun is rising early today. . .

TH2.jpg

I love the Solarium in the morning

TH1.jpg

It was a little cool this morning (56F)

TH3.jpg

It’s time for Breakfast and Coffee

TH4.jpg

We pick up the Pilot for our transit in the harbor

TH6.jpg

Welcome to Halifax

P5.jpg

We have about and hour to go to get to the Pier. . . We will be with Holland America Maasdam.

Radio

[emoji6] [emoji6]

Welcome to the Maritimes.

If I left my Moncton office now, I could join you for lunch :D.

There are so many great and unique options in HFX. And wonderful Craft breweries, if you are into such. Anyway, Loving your review. I was on Anthem in March.

I wish you a great day and cruise.

dp

To answer the question regarding wheelchairs and scooter vs. tenders I can only relate our experiences DW used a scooter and she was able to get on and off the tenders with some maneuvering. All the time staff from the tenders and ship were very attentive and helpful without being intrusive. (The Boss was a VERY independent person). As for assistance with wheelchairs, I 'm sure that they will assist you if you request.

Hello everyone, and Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Anthemof the Seas.

Today we are approaching Halifax, Nova Scotia and should betied up to Pier 21 by 10AM. We had to move our clocks forward last night to beon ships time. All passengers should be able to go ashore by about 10:30AM.

My plans today include renting a car and driving over toPeggy’s Cove. I am also planning on going to the Citadel and the MaritimeMuseum. I am sure a stop to Tim Horton’s will be possible as well.

I am hoping there will be enough time to do some shopping atPier 21 where our ship will be docked.

Here are a few photos from this morning.Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

The sun is rising early today. . .

TH2.jpg

I love the Solarium in the morning

TH1.jpg

It was a little cool this morning (56F)

TH3.jpg

It’s time for Breakfast and Coffee

TH4.jpg

We pick up the Pilot for our transit in the harbor

TH6.jpg

Welcome to Halifax

P5.jpg

We have rented a car there several times. Ryers is very close to Peggy's Cove and has the best lobstah at the best prices. Outdoor picnic table seating. Have fun.

If you have early RC excursions you do not have to get a tender ticket: your excursion tickets will get you into the early morning meeting place, from which you will depart.

If you need tender tickets: our experience: tender tickets given out at 7am in 270 lounge. Lined up at 6:45am, and there was already a line. Got tender ticket #7 after waiting until about 7:30am.

They called numbers 1-3 to board at around 7:40am?. About 15 minutes later, called 4. About 10 minutes later, called 5-7. We were waiting on deck 3 (tenders on deck 2) so we went right to deck 2 and got on the next tender.

We were on our way to the dock at 8:10am and got there about 8:20am or so. The ride back was on a larger tender and was faster, like 5 minutes.

Thank you marci...good to know.

On the Aug. 25th Anthem cruise we were told to get the tender tickets 30 minutes to the desired disembarkation. When we got off at 10am, no tickets required.

By the way any pictures of lobster traps.

Radio, very nice review with pictures.

There's presently a thread that mention s that they were able to use the D 3 drinks allowances in the MDR. Can you ascertain if true on the Anthem. It would be wonderful if so, rather than taking drinks from a bar or D lounge into the MDR on our Jan. '18 Anthem cruise.

Hello everyone . . . Today was a wonderful day in Halifax,Nova Scotia. We left the ship by about 10:50AM. I rented my car from Hertz just across the street. I registered for a Toyota Camry, but they were out of them an upgraded me to a nice Toyota Highlander. The drive over was about 45km and only took about 50 min to get there. The drive over was pleasant enough and it seemed like a different country when we arrived. The water was beautiful, and the terrain seemed unreal. The boulders seemed like they were simply “poured”at the Oceanside. We beat most of the motor coaches over to Peggy’s Cave and I am glad we did because it was getting very crowded by the time we left. . .

There were about a dozen shops there spread out selling souvenirs, clothing, and of course lobster. Pick your own, cook your own lobster was selling very well. There were also several cafes offering lattes,and espresso drinks. The Peggy’s Cove area was a pleasant diversion to the hustle and bustle one might see in their everyday life. It is a wonderful picture perfect landmark of the Canadian Maritime. I will go again and spend more time here next trip.

On the way back was a little crazy . . . It took less than an hour to get to Peggy’s Cove but almost 2 hours to return. The last 3 miles took over an hour. Was this traffic to Canada Day (July 1), or 2 Cruise ships in port today ? No one seemed to know, but the traffic was worse than rush hour in NYC. . .at least for a few miles. I finished my day at Pier 21, which houses many local vendors selling just about anything to wear, eat or display. . .Of course I get to get my Maple Syrup, Maple Cookies, and a few souvenirs. All in all, it was a great day!

Here are a few pics from today. . . Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

I loved the drive over to Peggy’s Cove

THP1.jpg

I think I want to live here

THP2.jpg

Ooops. . .Be careful

THP3.jpg

We were greeted by a delightful musician

THP5.jpg

This area is so relaxing

THP4.jpg

“Sight-Seers” need to be careful

THP7.jpg

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

Guests are not allowed in the Lighthouse. . .

THP8.jpg

The rock formations seem unreal

THP9.jpg

Peggy’s Cove

THP10.jpg

The Fisherman’s village

THP12.jpg

I make it back to Pier 21

THP19.jpg

The Vendors were happy that Anthem of the Seas was here today. . .Pier 21 was packed!

THP18.jpg