Sip and Sail promo

CruiseNerd1000

I am a newcomer to Princess, but the sip & sail promo was offered at the same time last year.

This year we switched our booking for 2018 to the sip & sail. A well known online Travel site recently offered it but added free gratuities to the deal.

Needless to say, I have two bookings on the same ship, same room class, that I'm going to sit on and wait to get the best deal.

How long do they usually offer it for? Would love to take advantage of it but I get the feeling I'd have to put more than a $1 deposit on the cruise we want.

Sip& Sail requires you book a balcony cat. or higher cabin. If you book a mini suite or higher by July 5th you also get specialty dining.

Sale ends August 31 @ 11:59pm PT.

Deposit is $100/pp and is refundable. If you have FCD's you can use them. While Princess has offered $1 deposits for very short periods of time it isn't normal, don't count on $1 deposits for sip & sail or any booking.

How long do they usually offer it for? Would love to take advantage of it but I get the feeling I'd have to put more than a $1 deposit on the cruise we want.

You can read all of the details for the current S+S promotion (6/20-8/31) on the Princess website with a $100 refundable deposit.

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/sip-and-sail/

There are a limited number of cabins available for this offer & in previous years some are soldout long before the promotion's ending date.

If you have a cruise booked with the $1 Deposit promo and are not beyond Final , you can have the S&S promo applied and still retain the $1 Deposit [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have a cruise booked with the $1 Deposit promo and are not beyond Final , you can have the S&S promo applied and still retain the $1 Deposit [emoji3]

I have a balcony booked for a cruise in summer 2018 under the $1 deposit. If I call you believe that I will be able to also receive the s & s applied. So my question is if there are true future price drops (as opposed to sales for new bookings only), is it likely that I will still be able to keep the s & s and be able to ask for any downward price adjustment?

The cruise we have booked is a 14 day with only 4 sea days. Normally for so much port time I don't bother with a beverage package but if I can get it for "free" and be able to take advantage of true price drops that would just be incredible.

I am a newcomer to Princess, but the sip & sail promo was offered at the same time last year.

This year we switched our booking for 2018 to the sip & sail. A well known online Travel site recently offered it but added free gratuities to the deal.

Needless to say, I have two bookings on the same ship, same room class, that I'm going to sit on and wait to get the best deal.

We are also newcomers to Princess and looked for that sweetened deal.

I have a balcony booked for a cruise in summer 2018 under the $1 deposit. If I call you believe that I will be able to also receive the s & s applied. So my question is if there are true future price drops (as opposed to sales for new bookings only), is it likely that I will still be able to keep the s & s and be able to ask for any downward price adjustment?

The cruise we have booked is a 14 day with only 4 sea days. Normally for so much port time I don't bother with a beverage package but if I can get it for "free" and be able to take advantage of true price drops that would just be incredible.

We just did it . Booked 1/26/19 7 night Royal at the most recent $1 Deposit Sale , now TA converted it to S&S . Cruise rate remained the same .[emoji3]

We just did it . Booked 1/26/19 7 night Royal at the most recent $1 Deposit Sale , now TA converted it to S&S . Cruise rate remained the same .[emoji3]

I'll call Princess in the morning and see what I can get done and I will ask about future price adjustments. I will report back here in case anyone is interested.

I'll call Princess in the morning and see what I can get done and I will ask about future price adjustments. I will report back here in case anyone is interested.

Our TA also added the S+S OBC to our $1 deposit reservation with the same cruise fare.

I'll be interested in the results of your conversation with their CSR about future price reductions. My experiences with non-sale bookings are that we could get future price reductions but maybe sale prices cannot be lowered without switching to a new promotion & losing the S+S benefits.

That's merely my guess & hopefully you'll receive an accurate answer about any future price reductions.

We had the S&S on our 19-day Panama cruise last November. After a few days on the ship, I went and printed out a copy of our shipboard purchases. To our surprise, Princess was not deducting the daily gratuities. We went to the Passenger Services desk to rectify the oversight, but we were told that our gratuities were already paid. We have no idea who paid them.

The only possible explanation that we could come up with is that somehow, when we transferred our booking from Princess to our regular TA, we ended up with both the S&S (which we had booked with Princess) and the current promotion, which was free gratuities. I really don't think that we were supposed to get both, but I have another cruise booked for February of 2018 that has the S&S. Maybe we will get lucky again, but I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Thank you for reporting back after you've spoken with Princess about future price adjustments. I'm interested to learn what you find out.

If you refare in the future to a lower price, you will get any amenities that apply to the new price and lose any amenities that are not available with the new price.

As it is unlikely that future promotions will have s&s for your cruise, you would most likely lose the s&s to get the refare.

By way of promised update, I just got off the phone with Princess and had the S & S added to my cruise, with no change to my $1 deposit or purchase price. When asked if future downward price changes (other than promotions/sales/post final payment, etc), could be applied and still keep the S & S the response was that it may be possitble, it just depends on the situation, i.e. fine print on the pricing. So for any drops in base price for our cruises we would need to ask our TA or Princess what scenario would apply and determine what is best for us. For my 14 day the cost of the S & S per person is over $1,000 Canadian. Given that the cruise is port intensive I would rather give up the S & S for a large decrease in base price - time will tell. But it is ALWAYS worth inquiring!!:D

By way of promised update, I just got off the phone with Princess and had the S & S added to my cruise, with no change to my $1 deposit or purchase price. When asked if future downward price changes (other than promotions/sales/post final payment, etc), could be applied and still keep the S & S the response was that it may be possitble, it just depends on the situation, i.e. fine print on the pricing. So for any drops in base price for our cruises we would need to ask our TA or Princess what scenario would apply and determine what is best for us. For my 14 day the cost of the S & S per person is over $1,000 Canadian. Given that the cruise is port intensive I would rather give up the S & S for a large decrease in base price - time will tell. But it is ALWAYS worth inquiring!!:D

Thank you very much for the update!

Thanks for the feedback & it appears that you had a knowledgeable CSR. There are probably many rate codes & not all of them are combinable.

Unlike most airfares, many cruise fares are adjustable but it seems like not as often as in past years.

That's what I thought also, we booked a couple months ago for 6/18 and then I saw the sale come up, so had nothing to lose and called my TA, bottom line, got free drinks for a 12 day cruise, not bad.

That's what I thought also, we booked a couple months ago for 6/18 and then I saw the sale come up, so had nothing to lose and called my TA, bottom line, got free drinks for a 12 day cruise, not bad.

We decided on the other option to receive OBC for our B2B port intensive 7-day cruises...it's good to have choices. :)

We're hoping that the 3 for Free offer will be available again in early September & will compare the total cost to the S+S. 3 for Free has previously included all types of cabins & we hope to add it to another cruise in an oceanview cabin.