Silver Muse Walk through Video

les37b

I've just put together a walkthrough of the Silver Muse and nearly finished. Its a whopping 36 minutes long and shows most of the public areas of the ship and will be uploaded shortly for anyone interested to view.

It will be pretty comprehensive - certainly more than anything Ive seen online to date.

Im in desperate need of some help!

All these videos need music - and this one is no exception.... and Im in need of some assistance with some suggestions of music to use. (Its 36 mins and 43 seconds to be precise!)

All suggestions welcome..... Whether it be one long piece or numerous songs strung together.....

Once complete, I will post the link for your enjoyment. (It'll be just like being onboard! lol)

I think Vivaldi's Concerto in G Major for two mandolins would be perfect and give you nearly 50% of that plus perhaps some appropriate bits from Four Seasons. The Concerto for two mandolins is really elegant and the second movement - Andante - is sublime.

I think Vivaldi's Concerto in G Major for two mandolins would be perfect and give you nearly 50% of that plus perhaps some appropriate bits from Four Seasons. The Concerto for two mandolins is really elegant and the second movement - Andante - is sublime.

Excellent suggestion. They would both really complement a video of this classy ship.

Was my suggestion not helpful Les`?

Yes, I did use Vivaldi...... but i need to do again and resync,,,,,, I've realised i have the gopro soundtrack playing too. I used 4 seasons.In too much of a rush!

Les

That's incredible, really really enjoyed your tour of the ship

We are big time S/S cruisers but have held back booking onto the Muse as we have been very unsure with all the negative comments. From your ship's tour and your posting of the menus I am now pretty sure we will be sailing on the Muse

Surely S/S owe you a cruise for all your positive postings as a big thanks

I agree with Beaujolais on both counts: a. Ship looks amazing; b. Les deserves credit for countering some of the negative speculative comments over the past couple of years.

We will be looking keenly at Autumn 2019 when the itineraries are released. We like TAs so fingers crossed.

We have been looking forward to our upcoming cruise on The Muse--now less than three weeks away. Your video increases our sense of excitement.

Thanks very much, Jim

Kudos to you Les for this great presentation...it really does capture the ship well.

If I'm not mistaken or even having a senior moment l think the outside end of the Arts Cafe has already been changed with different furniture from the inaugural which looks much better.

Thanks for sharing with us.

S☺️

Was my suggestion not helpful Les`?

I'll take that as a "thanks" then .......:)

Bloody hell! Give us a chance! I've not been on here and responded with a quick reply because I thought you were interested to know if I'd used the music you'd named! It took ages to construct the video - and will take an age again to redo - and change the sound track as the GoPro was recording sound as well, so clashes within. I shall probably try to align music breaks to video breaks.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Apart from doing these videos - I am actually in bed recovering post op!

It's an excellent film Les.

If you do re-edit and you get a chance to add the Concerto in G (for two egg slicers) then I suggest you use the three movements as sort of 1, 3 and 5 with the four seasons taking and filling segements 2 and 4. I think you wish to keep it as one long walkthrough rather than any cutting and editing. Don't know whether it was just me, but there seemed to be a long red section with no image`/

I'm sure you'll get bags of hits and people will find it emmensely interesting.

Hope you recover soon.

Thanks so much for this video. Muse looks to be a stunning ship, and I look forward to sailing on her before too long.

Les

That's incredible, really really enjoyed your tour of the ship

We are big time S/S cruisers but have held back booking onto the Muse as we have been very unsure with all the negative comments. From your ship's tour and your posting of the menus I am now pretty sure we will be sailing on the Muse

Surely S/S owe you a cruise for all your positive postings as a big thanks

Haha... I'd welcome that freebie any day of the week! :p

I agree with Beaujolais on both counts: a. Ship looks amazing; b. Les deserves credit for countering some of the negative speculative comments over the past couple of years.

We will be looking keenly at Autumn 2019 when the itineraries are released. We like TAs so fingers crossed.

I think most comments about the ship itself have been positive (apart from the constructive criticism from ME about the waste of space La Dolce Vita is and the poor choice of restaurant size with Indochine being the biggest.

I dont think the reservation issue will ever fully go away apart from maybe during warm weather and Hot Rocks and Pizza being used..... But personally I never experienced anything negative and indeed changed reservations the night before without problems. I remain concerned as I was before for Solo's, though I do wonder how truthful the lady was saying they had refused her permission to eat in Atlantide. Just a hunch she may have stretched things a bit,

I would certainly recommend all Solo's to ask for assurances they wont be treated as 3rd class passengers and shunned. I do think that will be resolved for the good.

We have been looking forward to our upcoming cruise on The Muse--now less than three weeks away. Your video increases our sense of excitement.

Thanks very much, Jim

You're welcome.

Kudos to you Les for this great presentation...it really does capture the ship well.

If I'm not mistaken or even having a senior moment l think the outside end of the Arts Cafe has already been changed with different furniture from the inaugural which looks much better.

I honestly dont know. I did find myself on occasion not knowing which public area I was in when I watched the film back at times!)

I did like Arts cafe a lot. Though tell me, what did you think of the art in general ship wide? I thought some of it was shockingly bad and something primary school kids might have produced! In fact quite a lot of it! lol

For me too. It was around minute 25. But going through that was a small price to pay for a wonderful video.

Yes, its like that on the upload. Not sure why. The original is fine (albeit dark as its inside Kaiseki and no one inside aprt from the chef preparing!

It will be ironed out. I probably rushed putting it up - with the amount of titles, transitions and edits, it all took more time than anticipated.

I will be editing the music too Jeff as mentioned. There are clashes with sound captured by the camera which needs to go.

Les, l personally didn't like the art work at all.....most of it to me looked as though someone had just slung some paint at a canvas!

The 'sculpture' in the Arts Cafe intrigued me also...the one on the left as you exit at the rear.....kept thinking it was a lollipop stand!

Hope the post op recovery goes well......☺️

Les, l personally didn't like the art work at all.....most of it to me looked as though someone had just slung some paint at a canvas!

The 'sculpture' in the Arts Cafe intrigued me also...the one on the left as you exit at the rear.....kept thinking it was a lollipop stand!

Hope the post op recovery goes well......☺️

I did think you'd think the same. Abstract art can be fun..... I just thought lots of it - especially when using photos as part of it, looked like a Blue Peter reject.

Op going well. Actually managed to leave the bed this afternoon! I think I'm over the worst of the pain now. I was actually due to have this done 6 weeks before the cruise but decided not to take the chance. I think it wouldnt have been a problem had I done so. Still - at least they got some photos taken on my foot whilst under. (Not one that'll be included in any photo album! lol Not even sure why I wanted to see it)

Les, Our first SS voyage will be Dublin to Barcelona next May. My DW and I are so looking forward to being on the Muse, and your excellent video just took our all ready heightened excitement up a couple of notches more. Thanks, and we hope to meet you in person sometime.

We were on the Muse in May - Athens to Venice. The ship is lovely and the video shows it off well. The crew were mostly fantastic but we found maitre'ds being rather off-hand with newer members of staff. Changes need to be made with the dining reservation system as it is difficult to change bookings and near impossible to dine with new found friends. I have no evidence of maitre d's accepting bribes but I would not be surprised if this is happening. After eating in the same restaurant two or three times you will find that you are tired of the menu and yet SS seem reluctant to change to format. The ship is very brown and the art work is somewhat bizarre, especially the gold hairdryers. I hate the bling on some cruise ships but SS could have tried to incorporate something which made you go 'wow' on the Muse. We had a fantastic cruise but would prefer one of the other ships until the Muse changes the dining arrangements and does something about the menus.

Les, Our first SS voyage will be Dublin to Barcelona next May. My DW and I are so looking forward to being on the Muse, and your excellent video just took our all ready heightened excitement up a couple of notches more. Thanks, and we hope to meet you in person sometime.

Never say never. Glad its given you a better idea of what to expect.

Wonderful video, Les. Did you get a chance to video the Observation Bar? That has always been our favorite.

We were on the Muse in May - Athens to Venice. The ship is lovely and the video shows it off well. The crew were mostly fantastic but we found maitre'ds being rather off-hand with newer members of staff. Changes need to be made with the dining reservation system as it is difficult to change bookings and near impossible to dine with new found friends. I have no evidence of maitre d's accepting bribes but I would not be surprised if this is happening. After eating in the same restaurant two or three times you will find that you are tired of the menu and yet SS seem reluctant to change to format. The ship is very brown and the art work is somewhat bizarre, especially the gold hairdryers. I hate the bling on some cruise ships but SS could have tried to incorporate something which made you go 'wow' on the Muse. We had a fantastic cruise but would prefer one of the other ships until the Muse changes the dining arrangements and does something about the menus.

I don't think that the fact that SS has not changed menus thus far mid-cruise necessarily implies that they won't. Provisioning orders are placed some significant time in advance, and if (as I suspect/hope will be the case) SS changes menus during longer cruises, there will be some lag between a) determining the contents of the new menu, 2) ordering the provisions necessary for the new menu and 3) the arrival of those provisions on the ship.