Question re: Cruise Summary

Bibble

I'm new to Princess, and just printed my boarding passes and travel summary.

On my travel summary it does show all of my excursions, and shows "confirmed".

We have already prepaid one of these, but it doesn't specify it anywhere on this summary page.

Is it supposed to?

When I go into my account, it does indeed show that amount paid.

Thank you!

Also under Princess' new guidelines, you have to have pre-paid for your excursions to be marked "Confirmed." So by that term it shows Princess you have paid for that excursion. But I agree with SKNIGHT. I always bring backup paperwork or on my phone just in case!!!

Pooh

Also under Princess' new guidelines, you have to have pre-paid for your excursions to be marked "Confirmed." So by that term it shows Princess you have paid for that excursion. But I agree with SKNIGHT. I always bring backup paperwork or on my phone just in case!!!

Pooh

I think that has more to do with the itinerary than new guidelines specifically.

We have several excursions booked for our October transatlantic cruise on the Royal,

and they are 'confirmed', but we did NOT have to pay in advance.

However, on our April, 2018 booking for Asia on the Golden we were required to pay

in advance (including using our on board credit) before they 'confirmed' the excursion

bookings.

Suspect this new policy will eventually roll out to the full fleet and all itineraries

if there are not a lot of complaints. We did have to pre-pay for our excursions on a

Holland cruise in Asia a couple of years ago.

Suspect this new policy will eventually roll out to the full fleet and all itineraries

if there are not a lot of complaints. We did have to pre-pay for our excursions on a

Holland cruise in Asia a couple of years ago.

There will not be a lot of complaints (other than here on cruise critic) because the average cruise has 50% new-to-Princess passengers who do not know the way it used to be.

Other cruise lines (RCCL, CCL, Celebrity) also make you pay in advance for pre-booked excursions.

As Princess is on a path to have less and less differentiation from competitors, I would not expect the pre-pay policy to change.

Pooh

We actually come under an itinerary that doesn't have to be prepaid (On Carnival we always had to pay if we booked an excursion ahead of time, so I was ready for that - but I happened to start doing my research for excursions while Princess was going back & forth - we prepaid our biggest one when it had to be prepaid. Then they changed it back, and then I booked the rest. So they do all show confirmed, even though they hadn't been paid yet).

We have actually now prepaid all of the excursions, so I am definitely following the advice of printing all of my emails that show the payments we've made.

Thanks so much!

There will not be a lot of complaints (other than here on cruise critic) because the average cruise has 50% new-to-Princess passengers who do not know the way it used to be. Other cruise lines (RCCL, CCL, Celebrity) also make you pay in advance for pre-booked excursions. As Princess is on a path to have less and less differentiation from competitors, I would not expect the pre-pay policy to change.

I disagree. Princess announced that pre-payment would be required for the summer of 2017, yet by the time we booked our Alaska cruise for this September, they'd completely walked that back. They make it an option, but absolutely do not require pre-payment. I also find that Princess has a rather high percentage of returning passengers; at least once at Seattle, they didn't offer many of the perks for Platinum and Elite passengers because there were over 1,000 Elites on that particular sailing. With that kind of returning customer base, it's not about being more or less different than the competitors, it's about keeping their customers coming back, for fear they'll go to another line.

Never leave home without paper copies of anything you MIGHT need to refer to; pre-, during or post-cruise. They can always be disposed of when out of date.

BUT, be careful, on our folio all shorex, we did not have to prepay, were debited with the first day's date and with no date or information of the actual shorex.

Another thing was that a port visit was cancelled and the cost of the shorex just disappeared rather than being left there and a credit applied.